GT: Toronto vs. Denver, Dec. 3, 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Dwane really got into the game in the 4th; jumping up and down, waving his arms and yelling at his players left and right. Maybe if he keeps up that intensity, the team will perform
    He does that nearly every game though....
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      He does that nearly every game though....
      He does it once in a while, but usually yelling at the refs. Last night he was standing for nearly the whole 4th quarter and yelling to his team almost every time down the floor

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
        He does it once in a while, but usually yelling at the refs. Last night he was standing for nearly the whole 4th quarter and yelling to his team almost every time down the floor
        I definitely feel he needs to do more than that to get get a win.. Point blank, he's just getting out-coached...

Comment

I definitely feel he needs to do more than that to get get a win.. Point blank, he's just getting out-coached...
          Definitely. Whatever he did in Denver really got the guys going. Hopefully we'll see that kinda play more often now

Comment

• I think its time for a new direction player wise 3 years with the same basic core.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
              I think its time for a new direction player wise 3 years with the same basic core.
              3 years isn't a lot of time for a core to grow. It's individuals that become the issues when talking about a core. 7 years of under producing is one of those...

Comment

3 years isn't a lot of time for a core to grow. It's individuals that become the issues when talking about a core. 7 years of under producing is one of those...
                we are and were never even close to even knocking on the door of playoffs let alone championship these guys are not going to get it done

Comment

• what 3 years with what core?
                  Bargnani
                  Derozan
                  Calderon
                  Bosh
                  Hedo

Was 3 years ago

Derozan
                  Lowry
                  Jonas Valanciunas
                  Ed Davis
                  Terrence Ross
                  Bargnani
                  Calderon

is now our core.
                  This team hasnt even been given 20 games to play as a core for you to judge if they can be good or not. Im leaning to no, I think Bargs and Calderon are the odd men out, and the others need to gain more experience, but I think we are much closer to our core now than 3 years ago by far. (JV, DD, Ross seem capable of being career-long raptors)
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    what 3 years with what core?
                    Bargnani
                    Derozan
                    Calderon
                    Bosh
                    Hedo

Was 3 years ago

Derozan
                    Lowry
                    Jonas Valanciunas
                    Ed Davis
                    Terrence Ross
                    Bargnani
                    Calderon

is now our core.
                    This team hasnt even been given 20 games to play as a core for you to judge if they can be good or not. Im leaning to no, I think Bargs and Calderon are the odd men out, and the others need to gain more experience, but I think we are much closer to our core now than 3 years ago by far. (JV, DD, Ross seem capable of being career-long raptors)
                    +1

Comment

• So 2 years from now are we still looking for our PG? I hope Lowry stays to further develop alongside Ross, DD and JV hopefully Ed too.

Comment

• Lowry hasn't been great recently but i think that's more cause of his injury/needs to get into better shape than anything. people crying for him to go are insane.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bargnani
                          Derozan
                          Calderon
                          Bosh
                          Hedo

Was 3 years ago

Derozan
                          Lowry
                          Jonas Valanciunas
                          Ed Davis
                          Terrence Ross
                          Bargnani
                          Calderon

is now our core.
                          Very logical and well thought out post Enlightenment ... Better watch yourself. That'll get you in trouble around here. Haha

Kidding aside, I actually completely agree. Not to mention that bringing in a new Point Guard for these guys after how many years of playing with Jose "here, you have the ball" Calderon, is going to take some time.

And while I wouldn't be against making a move this early in the season, it very rarely happens. If by the end of December, we've only won another few games, then perhaps I'll jump on the #ChickenLittleSkyisfalling. Until then, I hold out hope that this first month was just some brutal growing pains.

Comment

Bargnani
                            Derozan
                            Calderon
                            Bosh
                            Hedo

Was 3 years ago

Derozan
                            Lowry
                            Jonas Valanciunas
                            Ed Davis
                            Terrence Ross
                            Bargnani
                            Calderon

is now our core.
                            As others have said, great post.

As much as I like Calderon, I wouldn't include him in our current core. Even if he's retained beyond this year as a veteran backup, I still wouldn't consider him part of a core (which to me is the young nucleus of players you intend to build around over the next 3-5+ years).

I would add Amir to the current core, but don't think there's room for both him and Davis long-term (regardless what happens to Bargnani). I also think Fields could be added to the current core, if he comes back from injury and is able to regain his rookie year form.

The sad thing is that half our current roster is NOT part of our future core, which means that there will continue to be significant roster turnover (without even trading any PFs) - Calderon, Kleiza, Gray, Pietrus, Anderson, Lucas, Acy. That right there speaks volumes about the serious need for an influx of legit talent into the Raptors' starting lineup!

CURRENT CORE (in no particular order, with age in bracket)
                            - Valanciunas (20)
                            - Lowry (26)
                            - DeRozan (23)
                            - Ross (21)
                            - Bargnani (27)
                            - Davis (23)
                            - Amir (25)
                            - Fields (24)
                            --> avergage age of top-8 core players = 23.6
                            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Dec 5, 2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X