Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: More Ed Davis and Terrence Ross!!

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,069
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default More Ed Davis and Terrence Ross!!

    As soon as Ed came in the game tonight in the 2nd half, the team just got a lot more gritty and the team starts playing defence. He also gives them that shot blocking presence inside. Also, 9 rebounds in 17 freakin minutes.

    As for Ross, in my opinion he's already the Raps BEST perimeter defender. Add in he's ability to shoot 3's and wide open jump shots. This guy should be getting starters minutes.

    The more i see Ross play the more i'm starting to feel better about losing that coin toss with Golden State.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't know if I'd go that far as to say he's better than Harrison Barnes, but from what I've seen so far with the potential, court IQ, and athleticism; he sure has a high ceiling and could be a really good player. Call me crazy, but he reminds me a little of Micheal Jordan. More so aesthetically.

    Easily my 2nd favourite player on this team.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    calmdownpussiesburg
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    more cowbell

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ross is stealing my favor, game per game!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Flight 31! by the way who else liked the Lowry Ross DeRozan Bargnani Ed/JVal line up tonight? really clicked. When chemistry and confidence builds with our guys look out!

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie alexaussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The team seems to work well with Ross and Demar on the court together. I think it's time to let them start together.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote alexaussie wrote: View Post
    The team seems to work well with Ross and Demar on the court together. I think it's time to let them start together.
    Ross' shooting would really complement Derozans penetration plus hes the best perimeter defender so its a win win situation

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    Ross' shooting would really complement Derozans penetration plus hes the best perimeter defender so its a win win situation
    While Ross is a decent defender, he would get completely abused by strong 2 guards and small forwards, so we would still have to try and put DeMar on the bigger strong wing players from the other teams....not a good thing.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well this off season you know whats on the schedule for Ross. I'm really loving his game its high wuality stuff for a rookie, we actually have a steal in Terrence Ross so far he and Barnes are looking like the cream of the crop.

    The other rookies aren't fairing as well even with 20+ minutes.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't know about "more" of them. NOt sure either is ready to start (obviously not for Ross), and they're both playing quite well in their bench roles. I think maybe Ed deserves a few more minutes, as he's been very reliable this year, which was usually the knock on him (that he'd take nights off). Ross will get them if he deserves them, especially right now with our injuries.

    Still though, while I liked Ross going into the draft (thought he'd be the perfect target if we traded down a few spots), I can't deny that Barnes' size and physical talent would be sweet to have at that SF position. It's obvious once again that Demar really isn't a SF. We talk about his size, but he just doesn't have the body for it. This isn't a bad thing. I mean, he's about the same height as Kobe, and Kobe has pretty much never played SF except in very small spurts. Ross is also way too skinny to play SF for long stretches, though he looks to have better defensive potential there than Demar. But still, pretty damn happy with Ross. His game looks really sound. His offense seems pretty effortless, and his D is very fundamentally sound for a rookie.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I really liked the look of the Bargnani, Davis, DeRozan, Ross and Lowry lineup that was on the court for the second half of the 4th quarter. Lots of energy, lots of hustle, 4 outside shooters, lots of cutting and the speed/hustle defensively for great perimeter rotations. Even Bargnani seemed to be more energized... I saw him running the court on a break after a turnover and I even saw him cut off 2 penetrations to force the guy to pass it back out! If either of Bargnani's open 3's had fallen in the last 3 minutes, that game would have ended differently.

    The arrival of Valanciunas and the development of Davis this season really make Amir expendable.

    I do worry a little bit about DeRozan & Ross playing the wings together for any extended period of time, when facing bigger wings, because neither is big/strong enough right now. Other than size and the fact that Ross will still make some rookie mistakes, they do seem to have a nice dynamic out there together, especially offensively.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jkwasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Downtown Toronto
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Well this off season you know whats on the schedule for Ross. I'm really loving his game its high wuality stuff for a rookie, we actually have a steal in Terrence Ross so far he and Barnes are looking like the cream of the crop.

    The other rookies aren't fairing as well even with 20+ minutes.
    LOL do you live under a rock.......DO you know who Damian Lillard is?! or Anthony Davis who have been abouslutely tearing it up .. I thought even the most average fan would notice this ....0.o

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jkwasia wrote: View Post
    LOL do you live under a rock.......DO you know who Damian Lillard is?! or Anthony Davis who have been abouslutely tearing it up .. I thought even the most average fan would notice this ....0.o
    Anyhony Davis has been hurt and Lilard though playing pretty good getting 30+ minutes a game is inconsistent have you been watching the games? but i'll let that slide cause everyone has off nights Lilard is the #1 Rook right now.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    While Ross is a decent defender, he would get completely abused by strong 2 guards and small forwards, so we would still have to try and put DeMar on the bigger strong wing players from the other teams....not a good thing.
    Did you see Ross on Iggy!?!?! Incredible! really just fantastic. If lowry trusted Ross and the bigs to contain him, that pass off to the perimeter (for Ty's 3) would not have been open. But Ross did EVERYTHING right on that play.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    As soon as Ed came in the game tonight in the 2nd half, the team just got a lot more gritty and the team starts playing defence. He also gives them that shot blocking presence inside. Also, 9 rebounds in 17 freakin minutes.

    As for Ross, in my opinion he's already the Raps BEST perimeter defender. Add in he's ability to shoot 3's and wide open jump shots. This guy should be getting starters minutes.

    The more i see Ross play the more i'm starting to feel better about losing that coin toss with Golden State.
    I swear that he has the sweetest jump shot in the NBA. He is so Silky smooth when he shoots it's amazing!

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Flight 31! by the way who else liked the Lowry Ross DeRozan Bargnani Ed/JVal line up tonight? really clicked. When chemistry and confidence builds with our guys look out!
    I do. Was really nice to see!

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    I swear that he has the sweetest jump shot in the NBA. He is so Silky smooth when he shoots it's amazing!
    Now just wait for open 3pts to be automatic buckets for the kid ;D
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Well this off season you know whats on the schedule for Ross. I'm really loving his game its high wuality stuff for a rookie, we actually have a steal in Terrence Ross so far he and Barnes are looking like the cream of the crop.

    The other rookies aren't fairing as well even with 20+ minutes.
    Yeah, Rivers is really having a hard time! And most of the other guys are down in the D-League!

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Rookie IamNotAmirJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Even more cowbell...

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jkwasia wrote: View Post
    LOL do you live under a rock.......DO you know who Damian Lillard is?! or Anthony Davis who have been abouslutely tearing it up .. I thought even the most average fan would notice this ....0.o
    Damian Lillard is stealing the headlines for Rookie Of The Year so far. Especially since Davis has been hurt so often. But we didn't have a chance to get him did we? He was chosen by Portland before we could get him. Besides, we were not looking for a point guard since BC was planning on going all in with Nash!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •