• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Davis is like Taj Gibson cept quick and more agile

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Ed Davis is like Taj Gibson cept quick and more agile
      Are you trying to say that Ed Davis is better than Taj Gibson?

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
        Are you trying to say that Ed Davis is better than Taj Gibson?
        What Ed has in agility and quickness, Taj has in strength and smarts
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Depending on how the next month shows out, and not much success happens. Trading Bargnani, and inserting Ross + Davis into the starting lineup would be great to developing our REAL core.

Core: Lowry, Ross, Derozan, Davis, Valanciunas, Fields, Acy. Trading Bargnani, Calderon + other assets may be used to acquiring picks, and returning assets, or a 'stud' player.

Going back to the topic though, developing our young guys should be a goal for this season if no success is truly happening.

#FreeEdDavis #FreeTRoss
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            Depending on how the next month shows out, and not much success happens. Trading Bargnani, and inserting Ross + Davis into the starting lineup would be great to developing our REAL core.

Core: Lowry, Ross, Derozan, Davis, Valanciunas, Fields, Acy. Trading Bargnani, Calderon + other assets may be used to acquiring picks, and returning assets, or a 'stud' player.

Going back to the topic though, developing our young guys should be a goal for this season if no success is truly happening.

#FreeEdDavis #FreeTRoss
            Fields? Acy? Quincy Acy? This is the REAL core? LOL...Lowry, JV MAYBE, nobody else on your list will take us over the top. Sorry.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Fields? Acy? Quincy Acy? This is the REAL core? LOL...Lowry, JV MAYBE, nobody else on your list will take us over the top. Sorry.
              Don't ask me about the assembled core, ask Bryan Colangelo. I only stated the guys I believe are actually going to be here for the next couple years, but that's a core without mentioning any possible roster change, or turnover.

EDIT* Oh, actually I did mention the possible roster change and turnover with Bargnani + Calderon for a 'stud' player. So, say again? I mean, it's a core. A core isn't 1 player. Or do I have to explain it to you.

Comment

Both Ross and JV are in Rookie Ladder top-10 right now. 9th & 10th.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                  Both Ross and JV are in Rookie Ladder top-10 right now. 9th & 10th.
                  That's great, especially considering how far down they started the season. Who else is in the top-10 currently, that the Raptors could have drafted (ie: don't care that Lillard is there, since he wasn't an option @ #8)? Thanks OMG

Comment

Good at least they are watching the progress and finally took Austin Rivers off there.. Nice to see Dion Waiters and Alex Shived doing their thing.

Comment

Here is the source:
                      http://www.nba.com/rookieladder/

1 -- Damian Lillard
                      2 -- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
                      3 + Kyle Singler
                      4 + Alexey Shved
                      5 - Harrison Barnes
                      6 + Dion Waiters
                      7 + Jeff Taylor
                      8 - Anthony Davis
                      9 - Jonas Valanciunas
                      10 NR Terrence Ross

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                        I don't know if I'd go that far as to say he's better than Harrison Barnes, but from what I've seen so far with the potential, court IQ, and athleticism; he sure has a high ceiling and could be a really good player. Call me crazy, but he reminds me a little of Micheal Jordan. More so aesthetically.

Easily my 2nd favourite player on this team.
                        Potential is great but if not properly developped it gets you nowhere.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          i think if lillard was available he was going to be a raptor. i think bc was hoping for one of lillard/waiters or barnes to fall and expecting someone to take drummond.

very happy with the ross pick though. didn't want drummond, rivers or pj3 so i got what i wanted, somewhat. mkg
                          I agree.

Comment

Got to be totally honest, I still want Rivers to this very day, just because his ceiling is so damn high. His game says NBA-ready, but his mentality says one more year. Had he stayed at Duke for maybe another year or two, he could be one of the better contributors in the league right away. He has really good basic skills, and a good general understanding for the game. Although, nowhere near Ross defensively.

Also, I was a big Gilchrist fan, and he's having a fine year on a Charlotte team that's definitely improving. Went from worst team in NBA history, to trying to grab a playoff spot after one year of a rebuild.

Comment

Something that bothers me about Ross: he has been to the free throw line less than...Quincy Acy. That's pretty bad. Small sample size no doubt, but that was what Hollinger was complaining about when he said that he felt that we was a mid-low 1st round pick.

Comment

Because Ross is not utilized to penetrate obviously... Thats like blaming Jose for his lack of FTs...
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X