Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With playoffs nearly out of the question, what should be focus for remainder of year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

torch19 wrote: View Post
    I voted for other, but only because I want a combination of Option 3 and 4

I really want Andrea gone for the purpose of committing to the defensive culture. Likewise, I want Jose gone as well but his expiring contract might prove some value. Of course, it probably would be useless anyway because we have BC as the GM.
    Yeah, 3 and 4 are one in the same for me. I selected 4 on the poll but I don't think that happens without 3.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
      Oh yeah, and I don't agree with this. Casey's coaching is not the problem. Speaking from nearly 10 years of experience, as a coach, all you can do is tell your players where to be and try to put them in the right position. The rest is all effort and concentration. Even though some of his rotations have been questionable, I think that there is clearly a lack of consistent focus from the players

our problem I think is between the players. I think that there is beef. Andrea thinks he should be shooting, derozan thinks he should be shooting and so does lowry. There is no chemistry there and I think that needs to be solved.
      I wasn't blaming the coaching at all. I was just floating the question that if we were/are a team in rebuilding/building mode, wouldn't it have been more beneficial for the long-term to have brought in a coach who was proven to be successful in developing young players? If Casey has a preference for veteran players, that would seem to be a poor idealogical fit with a rebuilding/building team that is all about growing a young core for the future.

And if it was a poor fit, the blame would fall on BC, not Casey.

Comment

I have been putting my focus into the dance pak. I make sure that each tushie does not miss a beat and keep detailed statistics of beats per movement. I am currently in the process of lobbying the raptor organization to install super high definition zoom cameras in their changing rooms, because I suspect filthy things are happening while I am not present.

Comment

Try and move Bargs/Calderon/Kleiza/Amir for young prospects - develop young players. Let Flying V and Ross playing at LEAST 25 mins a night. Start Ed and see what you got with him. Can he be a starter? Impact first big off the bench?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yes fine I'm saying we should tank
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Play hard and try to win games. Actually, I guess that should always be the goal for every sports team, for like ever. But, I guess, for arguments sake, the "culture change" thingy.
              Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Other,,,

Trade for a small forward who is above dleague material

Comment

I don't understand how none of you understand that there is no such thing as a re-build, i've been reading this site for years wondering when someone will put the pieces together. no historically winning team gets anywhere with this re-build idea. ie. lakers celtics, spurs. what it takes preferable destination teams to get back to winning at a high level should not take a team more then a year or two. when you here any team talking about a re build all it means is the owners not paying for a good team, yet will still profit. Teams with cheap owners get their GMs to say this to the public, to calm down the reaction of their fan base. this allows a fan to say ya we suck but were rebuilding so ill keep cheering my team on. The reality of the current state of the raptors is that we were owned by the teachers, bottom line profit. now we are owned by two massive company's who are willing to throw advertising money into the raptors players and still reap the rewards for their all ready thriving company's. thus benefiting the raptors organisation over all. imo we will not see any of these rewards for at least 2 maybe 3 more seasons because of the state of the team our current GM has us in. Bell/rogers will put money into the raptors but not untill the time is right. bc will be gone nest year, we will tank next year and land wiggins in the draft, then we need a payroll of at least 80 million worth of players around him including and all star and a ex all star along with 2 or 3 vets who can still play +/- basketball for a good 15 - 20 min a game.

Comment

The focus this year should be to win as many games as possible and get into this culture change thing. Tanking would be silly, we don't have our pick unless we tank in the extreme and get lucky plus we already have a whole throng of young players who need to develop. So let's just try to actually win, see where we are in need of improvement and try to get better next year. We already have a lot of young talented players and so far we have been in almost every game we've played, it's now a matter of teaching our guys how to win games down the stretch and make winning plays.

I'm personnally watching Demar Derozen this year, he is scoring way more efficiently this year and as much as some people like the say he is getting no calls, he is getting to the line 5.2 times per game, which is good for 15th in the league: to put that in perspective Dwayne Wade is 14th. Coincidentally Lowry is 11th on that list which puts us in with the Lakers, the Heat, and the Thunder as the only teams with 2 or more players in the top 15.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

i hope the team stays they same, and we keep losing close games after the season ends lets just pray we fall between 4 and 14 so we can get that monkey off our backs ( our pick to okc ) once we are approaching the trade deadline trade bargs and jose for picks but not 2013 draft we want 2014 draft picks, try to get rid of LK. next season let DD, JV and KL ED and and Ross start tank the season and i mean tank lets get less then 10 wins, then draft(2014) wiggins and trade the 2014 picks (bargs and jose) and cash and player for a FA all star on a team that has one year left on his contract and the team he is currently on is worried he will walk and they get nothing, and fill the rest with vets. This is how you construct a good team. you do not try to develop more then one young asset at a time.

Comment

Haaa - when we're 4 and 54 he'll write that we're right on course, what's all the panic about???

Comment

IamNotAmirJohnson wrote: View Post
                          Haaa - when we're 4 and 54 he'll write that we're right on course, what's all the panic about???
                          I hope your not they bash him on here like its his fault we overpaid for his inconstancy, i guess in our fan base minds he should of told his agent and gm they are offering him to much. bahahah just like the general public does when they get pay raises(i think our company would profit more if i took less money). anyways cant blame the players as long as there giving effort which im sure you all know is hard to do on a terrible team

Comment

9th, so OKC gets a late pick

BTW Matt, what's with all of these negative threads? Loosen up a little.
                            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                              9th, so OKC gets a late pick

BTW Matt, what's with all of these negative threads? Loosen up a little.
                              I'll try.

But unless the Raps win over 60% of their remaining games, they aren't making the playoffs.

The final 64 games can't go to waste! I actually thought that was kind of optimistic

Comment

The focus should be on cleaning house so the new GM can have as clean a slate as possible. Start with the GM and his entire crew, the scouting department and work your way down to the coaching staff. In effect, anyone in management and any coach or other staff that was there pre-Casey: automatically fired. Best scout in the world? Awesome. Colangelo hired you? Fired. Your things are in a box in the alley. Here's the buyout. Good luck!

Take Wayne Embry, give him a million bucks to be the interim GM and tell him to unload salary and players like he did in 2006. Bag of balls for Landry Fields? Done. Case of Coke Zero for Bargnani? Excellent. Done. Starbucks giftcard for Amir? Perfect, done. Kleiza? Waived. Bought out. Whatever. Buy them all out. Start over. Do what you shoudl have done 3 years ago if you'd have had real owners.

Comment

Working...
                                X