Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else been looking at draftexpress and NBAdraft.net ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else been looking at draftexpress and NBAdraft.net ...

in order to see who we will be selecting with the first over all pick
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Should've just titled this "Raptors suck"

Comment

Don't forget though that we could very well lose our pick to OKC. In 2013, it's top 3 protected and I believe 15-30 protected as well. This means that if the pick falls from 4-14, it goes to OKC since they acquired it from Houston via the Harden trade. Knowing this franchise's luck, they could very well finish last, lose the lottery and fall back to the 4th slot and thus give up the pick. I hope that doesn't happen. If we can get a top 3 pick, I would probably lean toward either Shabazz Muhammad or Ben McLemore. They would fit nicely with the club. If we lose the pick, I'd probably tank in 2014, stockpile draft picks, and try to end up with Andrew Wiggins.

Comment

Yeah, it's definitely not worth trying to tank. Even if we finish bottom 3, there's a 44% chance that the pick ends up being 4th or worse.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
          Yeah, it's definitely not worth trying to tank. Even if we finish bottom 3, there's a 44% chance that the pick ends up being 4th or worse.
          Yep. Remember 2011?

(although I'm not complaining, we got Val)
          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

shutup man. everyone knows this.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
              True .. but if you were going to finish in the say, bottom 10 anyways (which we certainly seem like we will .. perhaps bottom 5-7) .. then why not play the young guys, develop them, and if that means a few more near term losses, no big deal (and if they end up playing great, all the better!). I just see no point in heavy minutes for MP, AG, AA, etc. at the expense of TR, JV, even Ed.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                True .. but if you were going to finish in the say, bottom 10 anyways (which we certainly seem like we will .. perhaps bottom 5-7) .. then why not play the young guys, develop them, and if that means a few more near term losses, no big deal (and if they end up playing great, all the better!). I just see no point in heavy minutes for MP, AG, AA, etc. at the expense of TR, JV, even Ed.
                I agree with your logic, but Casey is clearly trying to win as many games as possible (just like last year). Sadly, what's best for this team long term (i.e. playing the kids as much as possible) isn't what's best for Casey this season.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I agree with your logic, but Casey is clearly trying to win as many games as possible (just like last year). Sadly, what's best for this team long term (i.e. playing the kids as much as possible) isn't what's best for Casey this season.
                  And really, playing the kids now would be better for our team NOW as well. Ross is probably our 2nd best wing player already, with JV our best at the basket big.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X