Bargs admits to team's woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's almost like he's been somewhat defiant over the years. Reporters have attempted to give him the hint of needing to improve HIS rebounding and defense, and more often than not, he answers the question from a team perspective (as opposed to an individual perspective).
    There have not been HINTS. They were statements made as to how he needs to improve his rebounding and defense.

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
      This is how it looks to those who do not even fully understand basketball. My gf was watching Raps-Suns with me the other night. Phoenix moved the ball so well on several occasions that she has turned to me and said, why is there an open man all the time?! A combination of poor Raps rotations and good ball movement by the opponent I replied... and then thought to myself - damn, why aren't we moving the ball at all on offense?! There is no real answer to that. I do not believe that it's all about an ace drawing doubles all the time. It could be a penetration with a kick (god I hope Lowry and Calderon were one man for that to happen), or just smart, quick passes. Does not happen here... unfortunately. As for late/poor rotations on D - enough has been said about it lately.
      Which of our high usage guys are ball movers? Bargs and Demar carry glue to games so they can wipe it on their hands before tip off. Lowry is a perfectly good passer but often gets caught up in some 'I'll win this for us' in 6 straight possession mentality.

To decipher the teams ball movement issues, we only need to follow the ball
      Last edited by Craiger; Wed Dec 5, 2012, 01:30 PM. Reason: added thoughts

Comment

Maybe it depends on what you mean by best player.. if based purely on talent alone, I'd agree with him. Bargnani is the most talented player on this team. But when you factor in work ethic and desire then I think he drops. But talent wise, he is tops on this team; this says a lot about the make up of BC's Toronto Raptors.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          It's almost like he's been somewhat defiant over the years. Reporters have attempted to give him the hint of needing to improve HIS rebounding and defense, and more often than not, he answers the question from a team perspective (as opposed to an individual perspective).
          Exactly! It's infuriating to think that a player that they've tried to build the team around doesn't even step up and take any of the blame for how poor his team has been doing. I wish I new what he said during his interviews and phyche evaluations leading up to the Raptors drafting him with the #1 pick. Couldn't they tell that he had no will to be a leader and zero heart?

Comment

lmao at poo-nani thinking he is the best player.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I wouldn't lean, I'd dive.

I would put Lowry and DeRozan both ahead of Bargnani. Anyone notice DeRozan is getting 5 rebs a game?

I could argue Calderon is better. Take out JV's rookie nights and he is better.
              he has fewer rookie nights than bargs has bargs nights
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It's nice to get some recognition of the players themselves. Although, like everyone is saying, I would definitely put Demar and Lowry ahead of Bargnani. Bargnani sorely needs to become our 3rd/4th option, or 1st option off the bench.

It's time to get some change from this team. Either trade Bargnani, or bench him, because he has had a fairly negative impact on this team besides a game or two...
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                  I will say, when you turn the page on a player, you really turn that page. lol

Not even a shred of kindness for 'the Magician'?
                  He is what he is. All past arguments were of the idea of what he could be. He showed what he could be but decides to return to what he is. See you, Andrea.

He is one-dimensional who of late is half-dimensional.

Comment

I think its positive that Andrea is realistic on the situation. I agree with everything he has said (except the best player part, but ill let that slide!), he understands that the defense from last season is lacking, and he understands his own inconsistencies. At least he doesn't come off as delusional!
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      The thing that kills me the most is that usually a good player would say "I need to step my game up and do better at (fill in the blank) in order to help my team and be a leader". But I've never heard Bargnanni ever admit that anything is his fault or take it upon himself to put the blame squarely on his shoulders.

A leader he is not.
                      He is not a leader nor mentally strong. When was the last time you saw AB dive for a loose ball? He does not give as much effort consistantly as he could.

Comment

He is what he is. All past arguments were of the idea of what he could be. He showed what he could be but decides to return to what he is. See you, Andrea.

He is one-dimensional who of late is half-dimensional.
                        Agreed.

Comment

idk guys, i know this is sad to say but i would have to agree with bargs. he is our best player, he would net us the most return in a trade out of any other piece we have. we only gave up a first round pick for KL (protected 1-3 15+) and clearly that was the best offer for him otherwise he wouldn't be on our team. considering he is actually having a bad season i think his value is even lower. yes i know you will say but he had great games before the injury, well to me that sounds like similar situation we had last year with our "best player". if i was another gm in the L i would be all over JV thou, in a couple years this kid is going to be crazy good.

Comment

I wouldn't lean, I'd dive.

I would put Lowry and DeRozan both ahead of Bargnani. Anyone notice DeRozan is getting 5 rebs a game?

I could argue Calderon is better. Take out JV's rookie nights and he is better.
                            Lowry would be ahead yes but not as much as a dive would deserve. Matt put the hate aside for a second and remember Lowry's ability to involve others then himself, shot selection and constantly getting burned defensively from gambling like an addict.

Demar will be better yes but today he is not. Look no further then games with defensive stoppers (Tony Allen, Sefolosa, Brewer, Iggy) to completely make Demar invisable. He's grown a ton and yes he's been outstanding on the boards but he can be kept in check. Andrea offensively misses shots and his selection is questionable at best but he isn't shut down like Demar is. Andrea beats himself while Demar simply gets bullied (Most frustrating part of Andrea's game IMO). They are both poor playmakers for others and defensively Dre is defenitely better at keeping his man in check. I fully expect Demar to surpass him next year but today he's not.

This is why our record is so poor simply because the overall talent on this team is not good enough. I'm a die heart fan, watch every game and have had been fooled by BC many times. Fact of the matter is they just aren't good enough if Andrea is in the conversation for "best player" and unfortunately today I see him as the second best behind Lowry.

Comment

Yep, and also just that, while he still is a better home than road player, DeRozan has been our "best" player by default by being the most consistent and the least damaging out of he, Bargs and Lowry. Though with Lowry, it's clearly a combination of coming back early and trying to do too much. I wish Bargs tried. At all.
                              DeRozan has been a nice surprise. I expected a bit of a stabilization of his game after last year, at least in scoring, but the rebounding has been nice, and he just seems much more aware and deliberate. He's making fewer bad decisions on both sides of the court, and his effort level is more consistent.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Yep, and also just that, while he still is a better home than road player, DeRozan has been our "best" player by default by being the most consistent and the least damaging out of he, Bargs and Lowry. Though with Lowry, it's clearly a combination of coming back early and trying to do too much. I wish Bargs tried. At all.
                                DeRozan has been a nice surprise. I expected a bit of a stabilization of his game after last year, at least in scoring, but the rebounding has been nice, and he just seems much more aware and deliberate. He's making fewer bad decisions on both sides of the court, and his effort level is more consistent.
                                +1.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X