Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So Does Anyone Think.....

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So Does Anyone Think.....

Our team would have been better using Amnesty or getting anything for Calderon in the off season and retaining Jerryd Bayless as our back up for Lowry?

Lowry/Bayless/JL3 ?

Say what you want about Bayless hes a selfish chucker but he was a guy that wanted to win. I think the 2nd unit struggles at times because Lowry and Calderon play very differently running the offense, if we want to be an up tempo team you need 2 up tempo PGs.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do I think an underwhelming bench player, if retained, would've improved our 4-14 record? No.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Jose has been fine.. its good to have a change of pace during games, defences cant just play us one way..they have to account for Jose's Half court pick & roll aswell..Jose is all about TEAM & to say hes not for winning is an insult to the guy..only knock on Jose is his quickness & at times doesnt look for his own shot... u cant say he doesnt want to win...Dude brings it every game!! might not always be enough but he gives 110%

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Teams were scratching their eyes out for Bayless.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Our team would have been better using Amnesty or getting anything for Calderon in the off season and retaining Jerryd Bayless as our back up for Lowry?

Lowry/Bayless/JL3 ?

Say what you want about Bayless hes a selfish chucker but he was a guy that wanted to win. I think the 2nd unit struggles at times because Lowry and Calderon play very differently running the offense, if we want to be an up tempo team you need 2 up tempo PGs.
    I actualy think "selfish chucker" and "guy that wanted to win" are mutually exclusive traits, especially when describing a PG.

I prefer a backup PG to provide a change of pace from the starter, rather than be an exact replica in style.

The one thing that frustrates me about Lowry is when he goes into selfish mode and tries to do too much on his own, forgetting that he's the PG and that there's 4 other players on the court with him; what I refer to as "Bayless mode". I was overjoyed when BC let Bayless walk.

Raptors Republic Rookie Jkwasia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default LOL.......What channel do you watch rap games on ?!

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i think Jose has been fine.. its good to have a change of pace during games, defences cant just play us one way..they have to account for Jose's Half court pick & roll aswell..Jose is all about TEAM & to say hes not for winning is an insult to the guy..only knock on Jose is his quickness & at times doesnt look for his own shot... u cant say he doesnt want to win...Dude brings it every game!! might not always be enough but he gives 110%

Yea he really brought it Last night didn't he?!!!... he was unstoppable.......loved the way he kept Andre miller in check especially how quick and elusive miller is......don't forget how he was hitting it from all over the floor thank god were only paying him 10 mill a year to be amazing. 0.o

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL at your vague title. Something tells me you knew better then putting Bayless' name in there because if you did nobody would click this thread.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jkwasia wrote: View Post
    Yea he really brought it Last night didn't he?!!!... he was unstoppable.......loved the way he kept Andre miller in check especially how quick and elusive miller is......don't forget how he was hitting it from all over the floor thank god were only paying him 10 mill a year to be amazing. 0.o
    LOL, I guess "effort" and "ability" are mutually exclusive traits
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    LOL at your vague title. Something tells me you knew better then putting Bayless' name in there because if you did nobody would click this thread.

since when is "shake my head" a swear lol oh man thats gold.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

1+

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol exactly and im just throwing darts at the wall here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

at this point i would love jj and bayless back

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote d749 wrote: View Post
    I don't miss Bayless at all. Sometimes I miss JJ's size and athleticism at SF, especially on D. He was really a force there some nights. Still though, he just doesn't seem to get what his role should be. He's not exactly getting minutes in Sacramento, another crappy team with no standout SF. Maybe he'll get it eventually. Maybe he'll have to wash out of the league first and go to Europe or the D-League.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't miss Bayless at all. Sometimes I miss JJ's size and athleticism at SF, especially on D. He was really a force there some nights. Still though, he just doesn't seem to get what his role should be. He's not exactly getting minutes in Sacramento, another crappy team with no standout SF. Maybe he'll get it eventually. Maybe he'll have to wash out of the league first and go to Europe or the D-League.
    Too bad he was a dumbass... Smokes weed on the fucking plane

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote d749 wrote: View Post
    Bayless has played well in Memphis, but Johnson has been horrible. Why would you want him back?

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All last year it was "bayless needs to go. Jose is a real pg."

Now bayless plays on one of the strongest teams in the league, and is playing the exact same way as last year, and it's "wish we had him instead as backup." Amazing what playing with 3 potential all-stars can do compared to 1 and a couple players who bring it every now and then.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I see a couple of Guards who will be free agents this summer that would really improve the raps, Bayless is not one of them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i never wanted bayless gone and he would have fit the role of jose better getting minutes at the 2 plus i loved jj and those 2 are the only ones missing from the team that now sucks at defense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

Lowry/Bayless/JL3 ?

I had the exact same thought, but hear me out.

Coach Casey loves to run the 2-point-guard lineup, Jose and Lowry haven't exactly been effective on the court, not to mention Lucas and Calderon have been even less effective. While, last season, Calderon and Bayless was very effective. Bayless is a good defender, gives up little size at the 2 being 6'4, 200+ pounds, and a solid off-ball scorer. Not to mention, financially cheaper in the near future, guaranteed 3-year, 4$ million dollar (correct if mistaken) contract compared to an expiring $10 million contract. Expiring 10$ million would have been the better, but thinking amnestying the contract, or trading for assets might have made the team better...

I felt, had we kept Bayless over Jose, and inserted Bayless into the starting lineup and ran a 2-point-guard lineup, it would go: Lowry, Bayless, Derozan, Bargnani, Valanciunas.

I wasn't the biggest Bayless supporter, but I give credit, where credit is due. He played solid for us, a little to frantic of a player though, was best as a shooting guard. Poor mans Russel Westbrook.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information