Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Game Day: Raptors @ Kings (10pm Sportsnet 1)

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Casey does not play AB, Bryan looks like the ultimate idiot. So I think the biggest peril in Caseys job is creating his own vision for this team.

At this point he is executing Bryan's vision, its up to Bryan to pull the plug.

Also, if we clunked those 3's with other players and AB was on the bench, he would be questioned why we had our best 3pt shooter off the floor. You really can't win in this situation, the best strategy is to play AB and if he fails, the boss(GM) needs to plug in a different piece or change his vision.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Dec 6th, 2012 at 01:04 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I really dont think its Casey I think its his boss telling him Bargs has to play cause hes our guy, Casey isnt an idiot.
    If that's the case, BC's fault for saying it, Casey's fault for listening, and Bargs's fault for...being Bargs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Bargnani 3-14 FG 8 pts 3 reb 26:42 min ****minus 18
    Ed 5-10 13 pts 11 reb 22:46 min ****plus 9
    He's our guy. Gotta ride with him come hell or high water.

The only thing funnier than this joke of a team is Casey's post game scrums. Comedy gold. Excuse after excuse.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry has looked much better these last 2 games, he's being much more aggressive but the 11 assists were great. Pietrus won't get 20+ points every game either, but it's nice to know he can provide some offensive punch.

Just looking at the positives

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Lowry has looked much better these last 2 games, he's being much more aggressive but the 11 assists were great. Pietrus won't get 20+ points every game either, but it's nice to know he can provide some offensive punch.

Love looking at the positives! But as good as Lowry is, you gotta think that he's probably not liking being a Raptor so far.. I really hope he stays

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Missed the game. Can someone tell me why they lost to the freakin Kings?

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Missed the game. Can someone tell me why they lost to the freakin Kings?
    bargs came in at the end of the fourth. no defending him tonight for me

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't catch the game either, Derozan looked like he had a nice defensive stat-line, and apparently he's getting the same non-call treatment?

Also, Lowry, Davis, and Pietrus' lines looked nice!

Watching the highlights now, and wow, the defense looked so inconsistent.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, i just read doug smith's article on todays game and I almost threw up. Although he did mention that "Andrea Bargnani was a miserable 3-for-14 from the field" but heres his reason as to why we lost this game...

"A combination of inexperience and an unwillingness to hit people allowed the Kings to do almost whatever they wanted. And if the guards were broken down on the perimeter, the inside help wasn’t there.

And, again, the Raptors got very little spark from the backup bigs. Amir Johnson and Davis are usually good at offering weak side help on clear drives, they were a bit slow getting over at times."

im sorry, but did he mention ed davis in there?

anyways im thinking smith is a BC's mistress.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The self proclaimed best player on the team at his best again

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy was I ever off on my pre game prediction about DCuz not using his size advantage. Awful loss. Would love to see some, what do they call it? Dee... Def... defense? Yeah that's it PLAY SOME FRIGGIN DEFENCE YOU DOUCHE BAGS!!!!!
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post

Lowry is probably getting healthier (ankle) and getting back in to game shape. He did not have much of a preseason and then injured 3rd (or 4th?) game in.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

My 2cents on the game to the Raptors:

Toronto Raptors ‏@Raptors

#Raptors drop another heartbreaker 107-100 to the Kings. Lowry w/ 34 pts, 11 asts, 5 rebs. Post Up streams here: http://on.nba.com/QmqLgr #RTZ

@Raptors @RaptorsMR it is clear the team is in a case of serious denial. "Heartbreaker" that happens in a loss to MIA not SAC #tradeBargnani

That loss is not heartbreaking. Stomach-turning is a much better bodily response.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was only able to catch the first half of yesterdays game and the first few minutes of the third, so this might have been discussed already, but...

At the start of the 3rd quarter, Lowry gathered the troops into a huddle and were giving them what sounded like a rallying speech. He looked like he was trying to pump the guys up, but just seemed like nobody else in the starting 5 whom were in that huddle shared that same intensity. They just sort of listened with blank expressions on their faces. Are we dealing with a broken team here? Have seasons of losing and the awful start to this season already taken it's toll on the team?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That loss is not heartbreaking. Stomach-turning is a much better bodily response.
    Nailed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I was only able to catch the first half of yesterdays game and the first few minutes of the third, so this might have been discussed already, but...

At the start of the 3rd quarter, Lowry gathered the troops into a huddle and were giving them what sounded like a rallying speech. He looked like he was trying to pump the guys up, but just seemed like nobody else in the starting 5 whom were in that huddle shared that same intensity. They just sort of listened with blank expressions on their faces. Are we dealing with a broken team here? Have seasons of losing and the awful start to this season already taken it's toll on the team?
    i don't think the team's given up/quit on casey yet, otherwise they wouldn't have almost come back against denver the other night, i think its just more the personalities. bargs is practically a statue and guys like demar, ed, pietrus and amir are very even keeled which can be a good thing, but at the same time id like to see them add a player or two with a little fire. Lowry certainly has it, but i think it could really be infectious with the rest of the team.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

JV benched @ 15min/3 fouls

fuck you casey

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This team has to realize it needs to play grind out style basketball. When we slow the pace down, our defense get much better. We were shooting 58% and then bam! Our offense stalled and we went down in a hole. Team needs to reform it's identity on the defensive end if it wants to do something worthwhile this season.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote wtfraps wrote: View Post
    Guys, i just read doug smith's article on todays game and I almost threw up. Although he did mention that "Andrea Bargnani was a miserable 3-for-14 from the field" but heres his reason as to why we lost this game...

"A combination of inexperience and an unwillingness to hit people allowed the Kings to do almost whatever they wanted. And if the guards were broken down on the perimeter, the inside help wasn’t there.

And, again, the Raptors got very little spark from the backup bigs. Amir Johnson and Davis are usually good at offering weak side help on clear drives, they were a bit slow getting over at times."

im sorry, but did he mention ed davis in there?

anyways im thinking smith is a BC's mistress.
    Doug Smith is not a reliable source of information. He is BC's lap dog.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad I only stayed awake for the 1st quarter.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information