Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At least we are not called the Pelicans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least we are not called the Pelicans!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/87...cording-report

I would love Toronto to be renamed to the huskies or I always loved 'Toronto North' but I at least we are not the lamest team name in the league..

The name is weak, but it's the state bird... this is the whole 'cool' name VS 'meaningful' name debate.

Comment

Worst team name ever!!!
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

The "Raptors" may not be the greatest team name, but like Pelicans, there are far worse ones currently (Magic, Nets, Cavaliers, Wizards, Spurs, Nuggets, Jazz).

At least Raptors is somewhat fear-inducing.
        Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Dec 5, 2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Toronto Tanks

Nuggets, Jazz, Spurs are great imo. Good associations.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

honestly, i love it. and its still not even in the bottom 5 names.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              Toronto Tanks

Nuggets, Jazz, Spurs are great imo. Good associations.
              Jazz made sense for New Orleans originally, but not so much for Utah. "Mormons" maybe?

Also, "Tanks" would only legitimatize our awful camo uniforms. We can't have that

Comment

Nilanka, it was sarcasm, hehe
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

yeah but it's widely known the "Raptors" were named because of all the hype after the jurassic park film. It is extremely gimmicky and does not have the rich history that the "Toronto Huskies" would have.

Comment

Its a cool sounding name.

Also they are the only bird that can swallow a whole bird as a whole so that's kinda badass.

Comment

Everyone will be dying to be a raptor soon enough as Jurassic Park 3D 20th anniversary is set to come out at IMAX.

Whooooo!

Raptors!

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                        yeah but it's widely known the "Raptors" were named because of all the hype after the jurassic park film. It is extremely gimmicky and does not have the rich history that the "Toronto Huskies" would have.
                        It's not as gimmicky as the Mighty Ducks

Comment

I don't mind the Pelicans. Better than Hornets IMO. Speaking of team names, are there any leagues with stranger ones than the NBA? I always thought the Nuggets were hilarious when I was a kid because I generally associated them with boogers. And of course, what 6-year-old doesn't like the word "Knickerbocker"?

Comment

I was hoping they were transitioning into bird of prey "raptors" when they came out with the claw logo that kinda looks bird-like but, alas, they have not. Toronto has a ton of raptors for anyone wondering; Peregrines all the way to sharp shinned hawks.
                            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Toronto Mounties

Comment

Working...
                              X