No announcement yet.

Hollinger's Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well 23rd isn't as bad as what our record indicates. But being 23rd means we miss the playoffs and we give OKC the 8th pick next year = negative on every level.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
      23rd with their record is pretty impressive IMO
      There is always a silver lining

Comment

Lark,

Raptors are not 9th. Wish you would edit your original post. They are listed 9th due to the strength of schedule (out of their control - and irrespective of their success/failure).

I admit this team is better then their record, but there is no silver lining here, you can easily sort their rating which puts them 23rd.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I believe Hollinger's rankings take +/- point differential, schedule and strength of opponents into account. So the fact that the Raptors have lost sooooo many close games (2 by 1 point, 1 by 2 points, 1 by 3 points and 2 overtime losses) to mostly really good teams (playoff teams last year and projected to be playoff teams this year) makes the Raptors a lot better than their record otherwise suggests.

I think his rankings reflect the same sort of optimism that so few of us RR Raptors fans seem to have these days. Contrary to popular belief in many threads, the sky isn't falling... yet.
          Exactly.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Aaaaaaand, boom here comes reality.

That is 9th based on strength of schedule. Do you really think the Raptors are better than the Thunder?

Good teams win more often than they lose regardless of opponent. Period.

I will repeat a comment from numerous forums: this is a bad team tied for the 2nd worst record in the NBA. Numerous people, myself included, have been saying, "We'll be just fine.... hopefully" for 5 years now. I think the Raptors will be fine..... eventually, but not without meaningful change. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If that is true then a lot of Raptor fans and its management are freaking insane.
            So what you're saying matt is that all the people for the past 5 years calling for bargs to he traded are actually insane and you've fallen through the rabbit hole? Haha

Comment

Those rankings were sorted by strength of schedule, I got there via a link in one of ESPN's Insider articles where Hollinger talks about strength of schedule. I just wanted to be a shit and see if people would overreact to it. Kudos to you RR forums, you didn't take the bait as badly as I thought you might. But also shame on you for failing to entertain me.

Comment

Working...
              X