Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hoopshype says we are in the lead for Pau Gasol

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not so far fetched..

In reading the non Raptors message boards regarding this trade I've been surprised how supportive Laker's fans are of a Bargniani, Calderon and Kleiza swap for Gasol. Lakers fans seem nearly as fed up with Pau as we are with Bargniani and the general impression is that they are similar players in terms of being offense oriented. If Kupchak feels the same, we need to exploit this misconception ASAP. Only Raptors fans can truly appreciate how baby shit soft Bargniani is. Gasol is tough as nails by comparison.

Raptors Republic Rookie JackfromNZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for it

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do it BC! don't be a fucking dumbass!
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fearing a JO situation again.. Gasol is a 5 time all-star, and a legitimate talent, but he is now showing injury concerns, and could pout on a bad team.

I'd prefer to flip him to a 3rd team that might be more of a contender (Boston, Chicago, Denver, Philly, Indiana, Houston, OKC).. I hope Bryan seriously explores that because this decision could be costly for his career and the Raptors overall outlook in the next couple of years.

On the other hand if we do this trade, the 2014 free agent class looks really good. That is when Gasol's contract would expire. That's also when Lowry's contract expires - so it could be an opportune time to start fresh if things still look bad in two years. Although we have had a horrible track record with free agents, so I'm not sure that's a good strategy either.

Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

uuggggghhhh, BC, just do the damn thing! #nomorebargnani

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really see any other way to turn this season around. It's out there and public now. All the players have seen it. Does anyone really think that will get anything better than Pau Gasol for Andrea?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea of involving a 3rd team, but I would do Bargnani/Calderon/Kleiza for Gasol yesterday. I'd love to keep Calderon if we can, but a $20 mil expiring contract next year is an awesome chip, and I think Gasol would be a good fit with the rest of the front line for the time that he's here.

I just don't know who the Raps' second PG is for the rest of the year, or next year even.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DonCarlos wrote: View Post
    I love the idea of involving a 3rd team, but I would do Bargnani/Calderon/Kleiza for Gasol yesterday. I'd love to keep Calderon if we can, but a $20 mil expiring contract next year is an awesome chip, and I think Gasol would be a good fit with the rest of the front line for the time that he's here.

I just don't know who the Raps' second PG is for the rest of the year, or next year even.
    I'm guessing the would send back Darius Morris

Post Thanks / Like

I want Andrea gone too but, I think everybody has to be prepared of how well Bargnani is going to thrive south of the border. 1.His the first, second or even third option. 2.He has a 3 time defensive champ covering his back. 3. He has a coach that just want him to stay out there and shoot 3s and not play D! 4. A point guard that Channing Frey(can't even spell his name right) relevant. People that think that with Andrea going down there his going to continue his poor play are sorely wrong. As I hard as it is to say Andrea might just be the missing pieces to this championship team ala Pau a few years ago. I just want everybody here to be ready for that reality.

If trade goes down this weekend I could see Bargani in Houston in February(3 point contest of course)

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I want Andrea gone too but, I think everybody has to be prepared of how well Bargnani is going to thrive south of the border. 1.His the first, second or even third option. 2.He has a 3 time defensive champ covering his back. 3. He has a coach that just want him to stay out there and shoot 3s and not play D! 4. A point guard that Channing Frey(can't even spell his name right) relevant. People that think that with Andrea going down there his going to continue his poor play are sorely wrong. As I hard as it is to say Andrea might just be the missing pieces to this championship team ala Pau a few years ago. I just want everybody here to be ready for that reality.

If trade goes down this weekend I could see Bargani in Houston in February(3 point contest of course)
    check my posts man. l.a. is Andreas best fit. it is exactly the teammates and play style that Andrea needs to reach his potential. it can't happen here but I hope it happens some place else not Miami or new york I hate those guys.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pau is a good fit here. He bring a post presence and veteran leadership. Valanciunas will be on his road to be an elite C with pau gasol giving him pointers and showing him some post moves.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Pau is a good fit here. He bring a post presence and veteran leadership. Valanciunas will be on his road to be an elite C with pau gasol giving him pointers and showing him some post moves.
    agreed.. i remember seeing video of JV during training camp chatting with A.Mck about how hed like to play like Pau & A.Mck saying how he had Pau early in his career with memphis.. If Pau can teach our current bigs some of those post moves just think how scary a E.Davis & JV frontcourt could be in the near future. although im all for this move if Pau's knees are truelly a problem then find another trade partner for Bargs & Jose
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Dec 6th, 2012 at 10:08 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont trust either.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    agreed.. i remember seeing video of JV during training camp chatting with A.Mck about how hed like to play like Pau & A.Mck saying how he had Pau early in his career with memphis.. If Pau can teach our current bigs some of those post moves just think how scary a E.Davis & JV frontcourt could be in the near future. although im all for this move if Pau's knees are truelly a problem then find another trade partner for Bargs & Jose
    "You taught Pau Gasol?" (face lit up)
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Pau Gasol is averaging
    12.6PPG 8.8RPG 3.4ASG +17.2EFF

Even with bad knees these stats would help us right now! Obviously these stats would go up. If his knees are fine this trade is such a no brainer it hurts!

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like his assists. Big-Big play! Bargnani has been the reason we never see our posts make plays together.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

At this point, I really do believe the Raptors' organization could care less on how Bargnani does in LA. They've traded him, and he's gone.

Please make this trade. Gasol brings quite a bit to the table.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This trade is like life saving vest for BC. If he won't grab into it, then Colangelo will set his destiny to one very clear scenario.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This. +1

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This. +1

Thread Information