Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Hoopshype says we are in the lead for Pau Gasol

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I actually wont mind, in fact, id prefer it if they're already out of the playoff picture after acquiring these guys.

One, plenty of rest for these old timers, hehehe, address health issues, conditioning, etc.
    Two, more time to assess the situation, what other pieces are needed
    But the question is, would you get an accurate assessment if these old timers aren't playing at 100% intensity knowing that the playoffs are a pipe dream?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We go 30 - 12 and make the playoffs then the league bows at our feet. Then we sweep Miami on a game winning 4 point play by Rudy gay

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    We go 30 - 12 and make the playoffs then the league bows at our feet. Then we sweep Miami on a game winning 4 point play by Rudy gay
    Can we beat them by 40 points instead so that we can watch Bosh cry into a towel again?

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    But the question is, would you get an accurate assessment if these old timers aren't playing at 100% intensity knowing that the playoffs are a pipe dream?
    True. But i think where theyre at at this stage of their careers, you pretty much know what and what not youre going to get out of them, although it would help if they play with goal and purpose, i think one would be able to gauge if this 5 would work, or if certain pieces need to be alternated, or do they need to acquire more strength on this position, etc etc even if your stars are not playing balls out.

By assessing the situation, i meant was which positions need more help/depth, which groupings would statistically work better, etc etc.

I think it also lessens the pressure on not just the two acquisitions but the whole team as well. No scrambling to make things fit at the moment to make the playoffs but rather worry about working on chemistry and defining roles for the coming season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I actually wont mind, in fact, id prefer it if they're already out of the playoff picture after acquiring these guys.

One, plenty of rest for these old timers, hehehe, address health issues, conditioning, etc.
    Two, more time to assess the situation, what other pieces are needed
    I saw Chad Ford's Big Board today. Muhammed was #3. I had a flash of the Raptors getting #3 with Muhammed there.

Lowry
    Muhammed
    Gay
    Gasol
    JV

6th: man Ross
    1st big off bench: Amir

I then proceeded to wet myself.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I saw Chad Ford's Big Board today. Muhammed was #3. I had a flash of the Raptors getting #3 with Muhammed there.

Lowry
    Muhammed
    Gay
    Gasol
    JV

6th: man Ross
    1st big off bench: Amir

I then proceeded to wet myself.

Fields Bargnani and DeRozan would net us Gasol and Blake

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information