No announcement yet.

Hoopshype says we are in the lead for Pau Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't get your dick hard over something that's likely not gonna happen. That's my theory.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
      don't get your dick hard over something that's likely not gonna happen.
      You certainly do have a way with words akash.
      Said like a true poet .... although you could try being a little less crass.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        It's on ESPN too, in one of the articles that somebody else posted in this thread. It mentioned that the Raptors had made Bargnani, Calderon and Kleiza available.

I think it's a matter of 3 things from the Lakers' perspective:
        1. it seems they want to be sure that Gasol won't work with the team once Nash is back
        2. they want to make absolutely sure that Anderson (NO) is not available, as he appears to be their #1 preference as a PF who spreads the floor (unlikely and nearly impossible, IMO)
        3. they want to drive up the price on Gasol by starting a bidding war between real (Raptors & Minny?) and imaginary (NO and possibly Houston & Atlanta?) potential trade partners

Personally, I want nothing to do with Gasol. I think his game is in huge decline and his knees scare me, if he really does have tendonitis in both knees. A multi-team trade is the only way I'd even consider it. I'd rather take a gamble on Bargnani coming around than on a 32/33 year old with 2 chronic knees who makes double the money.
        I don't think his game is in decline at all. He's just being asked to play out of position. He's a low post player with an ok, but not great, midrange game. Plus his game is fundamentally sound and isn't predicated on athletisicm and he isn't a big, heavy banger. Guys like Pau live a long life in the NBA.

Besides, you did see him dominate the US team down on the block this past August didn't you? He was a beast.
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

FYI - if you're hoping for draft picks from LA, you're going to be targetting someone who might still be in grade 7 right now. That's how far down the line they've got in terms of remaining 1st round draft picks.

The only way we can get draft picks out of a Bargnani deal is if a 3rd team enters the fray.

I'm fine with getting Gasol. We might win a bit more, sure, but I'd much rather we give this years' draft pick to OKC because the draft class sucks. Much worse would be if we made the top 3 and then we had to give away a 2014 draft pick instead which is a much stronger draft class.

Also, Gasol's contract is huge I mean HUGE. Couple years down the road that is a massive expiring contract.
          Last edited by ebrian; Thu Dec 6, 2012, 03:32 PM.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

Things I love: honesty.

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball

Things I love: the Lakers clearly and transparently leaked that they're considering trading Pau, then leaked they're rejecting offers.

That is the twitter feed of Matt Moore at CBSSports.com.

Comment

Not so far fetched..

In reading the non Raptors message boards regarding this trade I've been surprised how supportive Laker's fans are of a Bargniani, Calderon and Kleiza swap for Gasol. Lakers fans seem nearly as fed up with Pau as we are with Bargniani and the general impression is that they are similar players in terms of being offense oriented. If Kupchak feels the same, we need to exploit this misconception ASAP. Only Raptors fans can truly appreciate how baby shit soft Bargniani is. Gasol is tough as nails by comparison.

Comment

I'm all for it

Comment

Do it BC! don't be a fucking dumbass!

Comment

I'm fearing a JO situation again.. Gasol is a 5 time all-star, and a legitimate talent, but he is now showing injury concerns, and could pout on a bad team.

I'd prefer to flip him to a 3rd team that might be more of a contender (Boston, Chicago, Denver, Philly, Indiana, Houston, OKC).. I hope Bryan seriously explores that because this decision could be costly for his career and the Raptors overall outlook in the next couple of years.

On the other hand if we do this trade, the 2014 free agent class looks really good. That is when Gasol's contract would expire. That's also when Lowry's contract expires - so it could be an opportune time to start fresh if things still look bad in two years. Although we have had a horrible track record with free agents, so I'm not sure that's a good strategy either.

Comment

uuggggghhhh, BC, just do the damn thing! #nomorebargnani

Comment

I don't really see any other way to turn this season around. It's out there and public now. All the players have seen it. Does anyone really think that will get anything better than Pau Gasol for Andrea?
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I love the idea of involving a 3rd team, but I would do Bargnani/Calderon/Kleiza for Gasol yesterday. I'd love to keep Calderon if we can, but a $20 mil expiring contract next year is an awesome chip, and I think Gasol would be a good fit with the rest of the front line for the time that he's here.

I just don't know who the Raps' second PG is for the rest of the year, or next year even.

Comment

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
                            I love the idea of involving a 3rd team, but I would do Bargnani/Calderon/Kleiza for Gasol yesterday. I'd love to keep Calderon if we can, but a $20 mil expiring contract next year is an awesome chip, and I think Gasol would be a good fit with the rest of the front line for the time that he's here.

I just don't know who the Raps' second PG is for the rest of the year, or next year even.
                            I'm guessing the would send back Darius Morris
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I want Andrea gone too but, I think everybody has to be prepared of how well Bargnani is going to thrive south of the border. 1.His the first, second or even third option. 2.He has a 3 time defensive champ covering his back. 3. He has a coach that just want him to stay out there and shoot 3s and not play D! 4. A point guard that Channing Frey(can't even spell his name right) relevant. People that think that with Andrea going down there his going to continue his poor play are sorely wrong. As I hard as it is to say Andrea might just be the missing pieces to this championship team ala Pau a few years ago. I just want everybody here to be ready for that reality.

If trade goes down this weekend I could see Bargani in Houston in February(3 point contest of course)
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                I want Andrea gone too but, I think everybody has to be prepared of how well Bargnani is going to thrive south of the border. 1.His the first, second or even third option. 2.He has a 3 time defensive champ covering his back. 3. He has a coach that just want him to stay out there and shoot 3s and not play D! 4. A point guard that Channing Frey(can't even spell his name right) relevant. People that think that with Andrea going down there his going to continue his poor play are sorely wrong. As I hard as it is to say Andrea might just be the missing pieces to this championship team ala Pau a few years ago. I just want everybody here to be ready for that reality.

If trade goes down this weekend I could see Bargani in Houston in February(3 point contest of course)
                                check my posts man. l.a. is Andreas best fit. it is exactly the teammates and play style that Andrea needs to reach his potential. it can't happen here but I hope it happens some place else not Miami or new york I hate those guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X