No announcement yet.

Hoopshype says we are in the lead for Pau Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been saying this would be the best potential trade for AB/Jose out there for months

For L Jose shores up their traditionally terrible PG play while giveing them Nash and poor mans Nash. GREAT for offensive continuity, especially given Nashs age and growing minutes cap. AB gives them the midrange jump shooter at PF they need, especially in a D'Antoni system where Howard will get the STAT role, not the PF. In whatever kind of revised ssol system he's implementing AB will fill out the Diaw style role. This trade also helps them smooth out their cap and age issues a bit.

What it doesn't help LAL do anything about is defend the point of attack. Westbrook, Parker, Lillard, Curry etc are gonna continue to rip the Lakers up but that isn't getting solved in any other available trade rumoured out there anyway. I think Lakers win this. Hell, even a 2 pg situational lineup would be kinda nuts, putting Kobe at the 3, Andrea at the 4 and D12 at the pivot? Straight buckets.

Toronto however... I mean it's a talent upgrade but it doesn't fit age-wise or rebuild wise. Gasol gets played out of position in LA. He's really more of a centre and we've got one of those so he'll likely be slotted in with JV but I like him better at 5 with Ed or Amir. Maybe he'd help JV grow, specially on offence, and be a valuable chip next year. Toronto's only real hope is a high draft pick in '14 (looking like a fairly studded lotto, but Wiggins makes me drool) or a miracle trade. Gasol may help the Raps this year a bit. Hopefully not enough to save BCs job but just enough to shut up some of the calls for DCs head. I agree to some extent that this is addition by subtraction but it's not like Pau is done. I think he's pretty unappreciated by some folks. Gasol is a great player and can really ball, even in his old age.

What the REAL issue for TO would then be is the backup PG. JL3? C'mon now. KLow isn't exactly an iron man and "Just Launching 3s" isn't a real option for a long term fill-in. Steve Blake for Linas? works cap wise but I really hate SB.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

BC is right, we need more than Pau for Bargs and Calderon. What is the expectation for our PGs this season? Is it possible Calderon can net us something better? I don't think this trade works unless there is a third team involved.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        BC is right, we need more than Pau for Bargs and Calderon. What is the expectation for our PGs this season? Is it possible Calderon can net us something better? I don't think this trade works unless there is a third team involved.
        Doubt it. Calderon has been on and off the block his whole time as a raptor and other than Tyson BEFORE the Mavs that was the best deal and that was 2 years ago.

Pau is the best player in this trade scenario by a country mile.
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Just get Pau.... I cannot stand it anymore : |
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
            been saying this would be the best potential trade for AB/Jose out there for months

For L Jose shores up their traditionally terrible PG play while giveing them Nash and poor mans Nash. GREAT for offensive continuity, especially given Nashs age and growing minutes cap. AB gives them the midrange jump shooter at PF they need, especially in a D'Antoni system where Howard will get the STAT role, not the PF. In whatever kind of revised ssol system he's implementing AB will fill out the Diaw style role. This trade also helps them smooth out their cap and age issues a bit.

What it doesn't help LAL do anything about is defend the point of attack. Westbrook, Parker, Lillard, Curry etc are gonna continue to rip the Lakers up but that isn't getting solved in any other available trade rumoured out there anyway. I think Lakers win this. Hell, even a 2 pg situational lineup would be kinda nuts, putting Kobe at the 3, Andrea at the 4 and D12 at the pivot? Straight buckets.

Toronto however... I mean it's a talent upgrade but it doesn't fit age-wise or rebuild wise. Gasol gets played out of position in LA. He's really more of a centre and we've got one of those so he'll likely be slotted in with JV but I like him better at 5 with Ed or Amir. Maybe he'd help JV grow, specially on offence, and be a valuable chip next year. Toronto's only real hope is a high draft pick in '14 (looking like a fairly studded lotto, but Wiggins makes me drool) or a miracle trade. Gasol may help the Raps this year a bit. Hopefully not enough to save BCs job but just enough to shut up some of the calls for DCs head. I agree to some extent that this is addition by subtraction but it's not like Pau is done. I think he's pretty unappreciated by some folks. Gasol is a great player and can really ball, even in his old age.

What the REAL issue for TO would then be is the backup PG. JL3? C'mon now. KLow isn't exactly an iron man and "Just Launching 3s" isn't a real option for a long term fill-in. Steve Blake for Linas? works cap wise but I really hate SB.
            i cant remember if i posted it or not but i added morris in this trade. i also think blake is a good to really good back up.

i think i remember pau playing the 4 for the grizz but not sure.

my favourite part of your post is it might be enough for bc to keep his job and hoping it isn't. haha

Comment

I think you have to pull the trigger. Gasol's trade value might be at an all-time low but so is Bargnani.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Usually, I'm skeptical of fans wanting certain player(s) out. However in this instance, I agree with everyone's assessments. Pau's hefty contract and weak knees don't personally phase me. I believe that his veteran leadership and tutelage can help this team. He's tougher the Bargs and should have a drastically positive influence on JV. If anything, I just want AB out for this reason. You really want his lethargic presence to rub off on big Val. What exactly is he learning from the team's "best player"?
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  There's blood on the water for both teams. Pressure on the Lakers because "Pau's not adjusting" = pressure on the Raps for the poor record. That makes them a sensible partner. Why bank on Andrea's future potential when his ceiling is already here. Haven't the franchise given him enough time to develop / flourish? We need grit and sandpaper. Andrea and Jose are not those.

PS> It could be argued that Pau is hardly the sandpaper-type player. Heard that too, but compared to Jose and Andrea, Carlton Banks has more sandpaper in his game.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Even if he is hurt we should just move Bargs, Pau could arrive injured and not play a game for a while which would make us start Ed and finally move forward not to mention close gaps in our defense for longer periods in the game. Casey will never have the team he has envisioned while Bargs is a Raptor trade him! Also Pau should be able to teach our bigs quite a few things not to mention be looked up to as he is a multi champion.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      i cant remember if i posted it or not but i added morris in this trade. i also think blake is a good to really good back up.

i think i remember pau playing the 4 for the grizz but not sure.

my favourite part of your post is it might be enough for bc to keep his job and hoping it isn't. haha
                      Lol, Gotta keep smiling in tough times!

As for Pau, with the Grizz he played where he was most comfortable: In the low post. The only other centre options they ran with were Jake Tsakalidas and Lorenzen Wright. When LA won they had Pau play with Bynum but their best lineups were when Odom was at the 4 and Pau was at the 5.
                      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Hoopshype also said Bargnani was going to have a breakout year... I don't listen to Hoopshype anymore.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Hoopshype also said Bargnani was going to have a breakout year... I don't listen to Hoopshype anymore.
                          That was HoopsWorld!

lol

Comment

hoopshype also says this morning that the Lakers have rebuffed trade offers from 2 teams, Toronto & minni have already made offers for gasol...Toronto's offer is said to be Bargs+Jose+Linas..Looks like BC is finally listening! but it seems Mitch Kupchak isnt!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              This is such a random trade though. As much as it would be an upgrade, Gasol is not what we need. It's too late to make the playoffs this year. And we better be getting a ball handler back, because by the looks of things John Lucas III is not equipped to ride shotgun this year.
                              But at least we will sell tickets, build a "winning culture" and have a mentor for 2 of our young bigs. Im sure Gasol can teach Davis and Valnciunas a lot.

Comment

The Lakers wont pull the trigger until Nash is back, so the news that the Lakers has re-buffed proposals isn't a surprise at this point. When Nash is back and things are still where they are, then the Lakers will be much more open to trade proposals.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X