Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoopshype says we are in the lead for Pau Gasol

Post Thanks / Like

Hoopshype also said Bargnani was going to have a breakout year... I don't listen to Hoopshype anymore.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Hoopshype also said Bargnani was going to have a breakout year... I don't listen to Hoopshype anymore.
    That was HoopsWorld!

lol
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

hoopshype also says this morning that the Lakers have rebuffed trade offers from 2 teams, Toronto & minni have already made offers for gasol...Toronto's offer is said to be Bargs+Jose+Linas..Looks like BC is finally listening! but it seems Mitch Kupchak isnt!

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    This is such a random trade though. As much as it would be an upgrade, Gasol is not what we need. It's too late to make the playoffs this year. And we better be getting a ball handler back, because by the looks of things John Lucas III is not equipped to ride shotgun this year.
    But at least we will sell tickets, build a "winning culture" and have a mentor for 2 of our young bigs. Im sure Gasol can teach Davis and Valnciunas a lot.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Lakers wont pull the trigger until Nash is back, so the news that the Lakers has re-buffed proposals isn't a surprise at this point. When Nash is back and things are still where they are, then the Lakers will be much more open to trade proposals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That was HoopsWorld!

lol
    Really? Hahah whoops ... fair enough. Perhaps this is slightly more credible than I took it for. Still ... If Kobe is coming out and telling Pau to put on his Big Boy pants, what do you think he'll be saying to Bargs?!
    Although, Kobe does speak Italian, so perhaps it wouldn't be a terrible partnership.

Imagine Bargs goes on to flourish and win championship after championship with Dwight? Haha Makes me giggle just thinking about it.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

@MySportsLegion: Lakers have received trade offers from Raptors & T-Wolves for Pau Gasol but have declined, for now. LA wants to see Pau play with Nash first

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the link: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ries-pau-gasol

Kleiza is also in the mix.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we can trade both Kleiza and Bargnani, I would do it regardless of who we get back (talent wise, no bad contracts). Free up Ed Davis is a win without a player in return.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If there is any deal we can make that brings in a guy like Pau Gasol and doesn't involve trading Valanciunas, I say pull the trigger. Pau is just about the best guy for Jonas to practice with and learn from: A multi time champion and all star with a sweet midrange game who also went through the change from Euro to the NBA. We instantly get better and get a true leader in the locker room. I hope we can keep Jose too.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Really? Hahah whoops ... fair enough. Perhaps this is slightly more credible than I took it for. Still ... If Kobe is coming out and telling Pau to put on his Big Boy pants, what do you think he'll be saying to Bargs?!
    Although, Kobe does speak Italian, so perhaps it wouldn't be a terrible partnership.

Imagine Bargs goes on to flourish and win championship after championship with Dwight? Haha Makes me giggle just thinking about it.

I think where ever Bargnani goes he is going to do well.

Both Bargnani and Toronto need to go separate ways to get better.

Raptor fans are going to freak out when he finally lives up to his 'potential' and is not the leading man.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be intrigued about a 3-way trade with LA and MINN. Gasol to MINN, with Derrick Williams + coming to TO. If there was a way to pry Shved from MINN, that would be nice. Gasol is a good piece, but I don't think he will take the Raptors very far before his effectiveness wanes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    If we can trade both Kleiza and Bargnani, I would do it regardless of who we get back (talent wise, no bad contracts). Free up Ed Davis is a win without a player in return.
    yeah, and then you could amnesty amir and suddenly actually have cash to throw at someone this summer.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    yeah, and then you could amnesty amir and suddenly actually have cash to throw at someone this summer.
    Sure, but who would you throw the money at? The 2013 free agent group doesn't look too promising.

Post Thanks / Like

anyways, i hear the lakers are waiting to see how gasol works with nash before they trade him but that's pure BS. we've seen. it does somewhat work, but you're paying a dude 30 mil or whatever to stretch the floor and that's about it.

they're trying to wait out the hornets (PELICANS) for Anderson like the dickhead lakers always do with players they want
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    Sure, but who would you throw the money at? The 2013 free agent group doesn't look too promising.
    true, but have you seen OUR team? a player here and there would make a heck of a difference. colangelo needs to stop meddling with Casey and get the coach the players HE wants not who BC personally likes. Casey wants a jackhammer but BC keeps sending him parts for a sawzall.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    Josh Smith (unrestricted)
    Rodrigue Beaubois (restricted)
    Elton Brand (unrestricted)
    OJ Mayo (player option)
    Andre Iguodala (early termination option)
    David West (unrestricted)
    Chris Paul (unrestricted)
    Dwight Howard (unrestricted)
    Monta Ellis (early termination option)
    Andrei Kirilendo (player option)
    JJ Reddick (unrestricted)
    JJ Hickson (unrestricted)
    DeJuan Blair (restricted)
    Al Jefferson (unrestricted)
    Paul Milsap (unrestricted)
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Gasol is actually available, Houston is already getting a package ready for them.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    If Gasol is actually available, Houston is already getting a package ready for them.
    In the ESPN article, "sources" say that Houston is no longer interested in Gasol.

Sources told Broussard that Atlanta and the Houston Rockets, two clubs long linked to Gasol, no longer have interest in acquiring him. The same, sources told Broussard, holds for the Denver Nuggets, who possess multiple players who would appear to fit D'Antoni's system well.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ries-pau-gasol
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    anyways, i hear the lakers are waiting to see how gasol works with nash before they trade him but that's pure BS. we've seen. it does somewhat work, but you're paying a dude 30 mil or whatever to stretch the floor and that's about it.

they're trying to wait out the hornets (PELICANS) for Anderson like the dickhead lakers always do with players they want
    id take anything the Lakers say with a grain of salt...They also gave M.Brown a vote of support the night before they fired him! Kupchak doesnt have the final say..he wants to wait for Nash but will Jim Buss wait for Nash??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information