Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Ed gets double double. Bargnani comes in all goes to hell. What gives Casey?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ed gets double double. Bargnani comes in all goes to hell. What gives Casey?

    So Bargnani can't even commit a foul when needed. I blame this loss on Casey. Why take ed out the game and put Bargnani in? even though he was bringing nothing to the table, he gets to stay in. 4 fouls with less than two minutes left in my opinion is not the time to take someone playing well out. Crazy! Is there a everything Casey thread?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's our guy.

    *checks standings...tied for last...

    We live and die by our guy

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I really thinks BC telling Casey he has to play Bargnani as the teams centerpiece... its the only way I see it making sense give up Bargs isnt a guy you want in the 4th move him already.

    great game from Pietrus Lowry and Ed WASTED!

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Get rid of AB, Casey will play Davis all game guaranteed. ...but Andrea is where Bryan's dreams reside

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I really thinks BC telling Casey he has to play Bargnani as the teams centerpiece... its the only way I see it making sense give up Bargs isnt a guy you want in the 4th move him already.

    great game from Pietrus Lowry and Ed WASTED!
    I like Lowreys' game but he needs to know when to pass more. just saying.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    I like Lowreys' game but he needs to know when to pass more. just saying.
    He was the only guy making a shot at the end of the game.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    He was the only guy making a shot at the end of the game.
    i agree, but before that he was not. 0 points in one quarter. pass the ball if it is not working. glad it picked up though so guess i can't hate on him. or barg for that matter. he is what he is. casey needs to stick with the hot hands.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,916
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    i agree, but before that he was not. 0 points in one quarter. pass the ball if it is not working. glad it picked up though so guess i can't hate on him. or barg for that matter. he is what he is. casey needs to stick with the hot hands.
    shooters have to shoot out of it. hard to the hole and get those free throws. lowry did exactly the right thing tonight

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,730
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lowry also had 11 assists, so it's hard to say he isn't passing.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter Pill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    According to Doug Smith it was Amir Johnson, JV and Ed Davis' fault we lost this game. I am not linking the article because that guy is a hack and I dont want anyone else going there giving him hits.

    "And, again, the Raptors got very little spark from the backup bigs. Amir Johnson and Davis are usually good at offering weak side help on clear drives, they were a bit slow getting over at times."

    "And it’s a tactic that rookie Jonas Valanciunas has yet to master, which is part of the reason the Raptors have taken a step back defensively this season."

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    casey also benched jonas after just 15 minutes/3 fouls

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phez wrote: View Post
    casey also benched jonas after just 15 minutes/3 fouls
    That was appropriate. JV could not guard Cousins or Thompson and was no threat to score on offense.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "Come hell or high water". Nuff said.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Exposed

    BC, AB and Casey are being exposed right now...... "He's our guy" to me means..... "We're a bunch of f**king losers"

    Do they realize that they have the 2nd worst record in the ENTIRE Nba???

    Definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result

    Note to Casey - try something new or sent off with AB and BC

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Note to Casey - try something new or GET sent off with AB and BC

    #FireBC, #FireDwaneCasey (Hell or high water has come - time to go down with your ship!), #TradeBargnani, #TradeCalderon, #FreeEDDavis, #PlayJV, #PlayTRoss

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Like others here have mentioned, Im also beginning to think that the main reason Bargnani was kept on the court regardless of his performance was Casey trying to prove to Colangelo that Bargnani doesn't have what it takes. DC pretty much shoved Bargnani in Brians face forcing him to make a decision on him. Surprise , surprise ... The next day we discover that Brian is looking at trading Bargnani and Jose for Gasol.

    Well played Dwayne, well played.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    Like others here have mentioned, Im also beginning to think that the main reason Bargnani was kept on the court regardless of his performance was Casey trying to prove to Colangelo that Bargnani doesn't have what it takes. DC pretty much shoved Bargnani in Brians face forcing him to make a decision on him. Surprise , surprise ... The next day we discover that Brian is looking at trading Bargnani and Jose for Gasol.

    Well played Dwayne, well played.
    I've got Gasol on my fantasy team. According to Yahoo!, the Lakers made a verbal commitment to Nash that they wouldn't deal Gasol. If they stay true to their word, it doesn't seem likely that Gasol is moved before Nash has a chance to play with him.

    With Nash not expected back for another 3-4 weeks, plus another 1-2 weeks for him to get up to game speed, we could be in mid-late January by the time Lakers even decide to pull the trigger. By then, the Raptors could be so far out of it, that acquiring Gasol would no longer serve any purpose.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I've got Gasol on my fantasy team. According to Yahoo!, the Lakers made a verbal commitment to Nash that they wouldn't deal Gasol. If they stay true to their word, it doesn't seem likely that Gasol is moved before Nash has a chance to play with him.

    With Nash not expected back for another 3-4 weeks, plus another 1-2 weeks for him to get up to game speed, we could be in mid-late January by the time Lakers even decide to pull the trigger. By then, the Raptors could be so far out of it, that acquiring Gasol would no longer serve any purpose.
    this is why if the Lakers want Bargs they better make up there minds fast because i dont see BC waiting it out till then...if Gasol Dont get moved soon Find another trade partner!!!

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    this is why if the Lakers want Bargs they better make up there minds fast because i dont see BC waiting it out till then...if Gasol Dont get moved soon Find another trade partner!!!
    But who else would want a steaming pile of dung?

    What other team has the best centre in the world to compensate for Bargnani's inability to rebound and defend? What other team has the best SG in a generation to take attention away from Bargnani?

    If it's not the Lakers, we're looking at trading Bargnani for a new set of Sharpies for the locker room white board.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Dec 6th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,730
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    But who else would want a steaming pile of dung?

    What other team has the best centre in the world to compensate for Bargnani's inability to rebound and defend? What other team has the best SG in a generation to take attention away from Bargnani?

    If it's not the Lakers, we're looking at trading Bargnani for a new set of Sharpies for the locker room white board.
    Exactly. Best option we are going to get for Bargnani at this point. Otherwise, we might only get used Sharpies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •