Is this team a lottery team again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this team a lottery team again?

I mean, before tonight's game i was pretty optimistic that they could turn this thing around. But losing to the Sacramento Kings? not just that, the way they lost was embarassing. Kings could do anything they want offensively.

So i ask the question, is this Raps team really this bad? like top 3 pick bad? i'm starting to think that they are. Pretty sad because it's only December but it might be time to talk about next year's draft already.
    Mamba Mentality

TRex wrote: View Post
    I mean, before tonight's game i was pretty optimistic that they could turn this thing around. But losing to the Sacramento Kings? not just that, the way they lost was embarassing. Kings could do anything they want offensively.

So i ask the question, is this Raps team really this bad? like top 3 pick bad? i'm starting to think that they are. Pretty sad because it's only December but it might be time to talk about next year's draft already.
    No, they are not top 3 bad.

Yes, they are bad.

Comment

To me now they better be a Top 3 bad. What's the point to land on 4-9th spot once again, giving pick away. We need some serious talent. Be the worse, imo. Nobody cares about reputation and dignity anymore, it is unavailable to restore it, it can only be fixed by long term success or franchise name change. Just play the way you are playing guys. Keep commander Macaroni a.k.a the best player in the team and get us No1 pick. Checking results every morning when you know that it is a loss anyways without even seeing it is meaningless.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        To me now they better be a Top 3 bad. What's the point to land on 4-9th spot once again, giving pick away. We need some serious talent. Be the worse, imo. Nobody cares about reputation and dignity anymore, it is unavailable to restore it, it can only be fixed by long term success or franchise name change. Just play the way you are playing guys. Keep commander Macaroni a.k.a the best player in the team and get us No1 pick. Checking results every morning when you know that it is a loss anyways without even seeing it is meaningless.
        This appears to be an absolutely horrendous draft..... still trying to find the silver lining!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          This appears to be an absolutely horrendous draft..... still trying to find the silver lining!
          I'm not sure if there is a silver lining. This is simply bad. With the team hustling and playing better as a team without Andrea, I think that the rest of the guys are trying to send a message that the big banana needs to go (IMO). I just can't see Lowry pairing with Andrea to work long-term (Kobe stare from Lowry). As for the draft, now I think they're top 3. I really do (not speaking from the heart, but from the brain).

Just about the only thing positive this year are their turnover ratio. Other than that, they don't move the ball well, don't score efficiently and worse, cannot defend pylons.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Yes, they are bad.
            I agree .. probably not top 3 bad. But I dont know how anyone can say we arent looking like top 5-7 bad. It really comes down to AB being historically bad. If he keeps playing like last night, we may well be top 3 bad.

I hate to keep saying it .. but doing what we are doing has landed us with the 2nd worst record in the league! Can we please play Ed, T Ross and J Val for 25-30+ mins per game and see what happens? Either we will lose more (not really possible .. but) or hopefuly get a bit of a young nucleus. Either way, extended minutes for AB (unless hes on fire), JC, MP (sorry dude, great game last night .. but you arent part of the future), AA etc do this team no good whatsoever!

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
              I agree .. probably not top 3 bad. But I dont know how anyone can say we arent looking like top 5-7 bad. It really comes down to AB being historically bad. If he keeps playing like last night, we may well be top 3 bad.

I hate to keep saying it .. but doing what we are doing has landed us with the 2nd worst record in the league! Can we please play Ed, T Ross and J Val for 25-30+ mins per game and see what happens? Either we will lose more (not really possible .. but) or hopefuly get a bit of a young nucleus. Either way, extended minutes for AB (unless hes on fire), JC, MP (sorry dude, great game last night .. but you arent part of the future), AA etc do this team no good whatsoever!
              This +++

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post

I agree on this as well.

I would be thrilled with adding Derrick Williams to the mix as well assuming rumours are correct about Minnesota wanting Gasol. He has shown great flashes in Minnesota. He is still just 21 years of age. We are talking about the #2 pick in the draft 2 years ago.

This is a core I could get excited about:

PG: Lowry
                SG: DD
                SF: Williams
                PF: Davis
                C: JV

6th man: Ross
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Tanking without even planning it.....LOL Soo Sad

I agree on this as well.

I would be thrilled with adding Derrick Williams to the mix as well assuming rumours are correct about Minnesota wanting Gasol. He has shown great flashes in Minnesota. He is still just 21 years of age. We are talking about the #2 pick in the draft 2 years ago.

+1

I wouldnt mind seeing this core at all!

#FireBC, #TradeBargnani, #TradeCalderon, #PlayJV, #FreeEDDavis, #PlayTRoss, #FireDwaneCasey (Hell and high water has come - time to go down with your ship!)

Comment

we have the second worst record in the nba. so the answer is yes. i get the "we're better than the record indicates!" argument somewhat, but the fact is you are what your record is. and for us, its a unlucky shitty team.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The way this season is unfolding, ridding ourselves of Bargnani and adding Derrick Williams would be a dream come true (even if we lose our pick to OKC). The future would look [somewhat] brighter.

Comment

I agree on this as well.

Williams, Pekovic, Ridnour and a 1st round pick would be a pretty decent haul for Bargnani/Calderon/Kleiza. Similar to what Houston did in the preseason, loading up on young talent and 1st round picks, it would give BC more assets to work with (either to develop as Raptors or to facilitate additional trades).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Williams, Pekovic, Ridnour and a 1st round pick would be a pretty decent haul for Bargnani/Calderon/Kleiza. Similar to what Houston did in the preseason, loading up on young talent and 1st round picks, it would give BC more assets to work with (either to develop as Raptors or to facilitate additional trades).
                          Something makes me think that there's no way Minnesota is giving us Williams/Pekovic/Ridnour/1stRounder for AB/JC/LK...

Comment

Yes, they are bad.
                            I don't know. I mean they've got losses to Detroit, Sactown and Charlotte in the books. Despite all the gnashing of teeth and rending of garments about the tough schedule, they have played a whole bunch of the dregs of the league and have little to show for it. Then, you look at last night and they got a terrific game from Lowry, production from the SF spot for the first time since dirt was invented, and they still lost rather convincingly to the worst team in the WC. They might be top-3 bad.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                              Something makes me think that there's no way Minnesota is giving us Williams/Pekovic/Ridnour/1stRounder for AB/JC/LK...
                              My assumption was that AB/JC/LK would go to the Lakers, with Gasol going to Minnesota, while Toronto got the young players from Minny. Even without a 1st round pick coming back, it would be a pretty decent trade for the Raps.

Comment

Working...
                              X