What should MLSE do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should MLSE do?

When MLSE extended Colangelo, they did it for two years only. Clearly they were putting him on a short leash. In other words he was given two years to turn the team around. His task was probably to build a play-off caliber team. A fairly reasonable expectation considering it's Bryan Colangelo. People may have their views and opinions but the truth is that the board of directors at MLSE see things strictly from a business perspective.

As the Raptors stand now, has MLSE seen enough or should they wait a little longer?
    Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Thu Dec 6, 2012, 03:20 AM.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

I doubt they are as panicked as a lot of fans right now. I don't think it's playoffs or bust , as you yourself said they see it from a business standpoint only. we are not privy to the numbers bargs jose klieza bigv bring in from overseas. I always figured that if at the end of this year our team had shown growth and bc showed restraint to not "go down swinging" that his option would be picked up and judged mid season next year where he will be extended or replaced by stephanski. his replacement is already here it all depends on whether we need to make the change.

further at midseasons' review I would expect, if he were retained, to be president only with stephanski becoming gm anyway. only a matter of time before someone poaches him. aside from him and pritchard, I can't think of any experienced, successful executives out of work right now.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      I doubt they are as panicked as a lot of fans right now. I don't think it's playoffs or bust , as you yourself said they see it from a business standpoint only. we are not privy to the numbers bargs jose klieza bigv bring in from overseas. I always figured that if at the end of this year our team had shown growth and bc showed restraint to not "go down swinging" that his option would be picked up and judged mid season next year where he will be extended or replaced by stephanski. his replacement is already here it all depends on whether we need to make the change.

further at midseasons' review I would expect, if he were retained, to be president only with stephanski becoming gm anyway. only a matter of time before someone poaches him. aside from him and pritchard, I can't think of any experienced, successful executives out of work right now.
      While the idea of Stephanski becoming GM has occured to me, the idea of Bryan being retained as president hasn't. This is essentially the same management team with different portfolio's.

It's hard to think that inputs of Anselmi(President) and Embry(Advisor) will not play part in the Boards decision.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

shuffles everyone around so they can pour piss at us and tell us it's champagne. only difference is it gives stephanski the leeway to initiate trades and bc becomes a rubber stamper with last say. or so they would tell us. haha

Comment

Charles Barkley for GM!
          (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

The extension was for 2 years plus a team option for a third.

If he doesn't trade Bargnani, don't pick up year 3.

If he does trade Bargnani, see what he returns and see how the team does the rest of the year before a decision is made.

If team option picked up, unless there is SERIOUS improvement, find a new GM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

If he does trade Bargnani, see what he returns and see how the team does the rest of the year before a decision is made.

Live by the sword, die by it. BC will not trade Andrea and it will cost him his job, reputation and everything else basketball-related matter for himself. Why did he fall in love with him so badly. I wish I can read Lowry's mind right now. Following him on Twitter doesn't get me a "peek" of his competitive fire. This road trip will shake things up (trying to be optimistic here).
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I really hate the idea of Bargs and BC still both being here next year but I shudder at the thought of Ed Stephanski as our GM. Thank God it's not as much as a shoe-in as fans think. If BC is gone they'll hopefully go scorched earth. Just like when everyone thought Iavaroni or PJ were only here to replace Jay.
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

yeah, something tells me BC is going to live and die by Bargs. He won't trade him at the deadline (infuriating EVERYBODY) and he's gonna find himself jobless when the team finishes second last in the nba.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

MLSE isn't going to do a damn thing unless they see their money tree withering.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                      MLSE isn't going to do a damn thing unless they see their money tree withering.
                      The owners are brand new and have only been on the job for a couple months. I would suggest that Rogers and Bell are going to be a lot less amenable to losing than Teachers was. Rogers and Bell want the Raptors for content, ad dollars, etc. They are a much less valuable asset if they are a joke.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                        The owners are brand new and have only been on the job for a couple months. I would suggest that Rogers and Bell are going to be a lot less amenable to losing than Teachers was. Rogers and Bell want the Raptors for content, ad dollars, etc. They are a much less valuable asset if they are a joke.
                        This may be the one area where enough fan pressure can influence the course of the franchise going forward. Someone should post the board's contact info and fans should express their concerns to the real bosses.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          This may be the one area where enough fan pressure can influence the course of the franchise going forward. Someone should post the board's contact info and fans should express their concerns to the real bosses.
                          I speak regularly with someone who is pretty well-connected to the MLSE world. I am told that they are well aware of the problems with the various sports teams, including the Raptors. Still, you are right, couldn't hurt.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Agree. See where the team stands at the end of the season and decide on 3rd year option.

Nothing to do with above post but I disagree with the notion that BC hesitates to trade Bargnani because he drafted him. Only my opinion but IMO if the right deal came along BC would definitely pull the trigger.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Personally I would like to see the organization let BC go and take their time finding the right GM. The team to me is just a miss mash of players with limitations and gapping holes in their games. The team is lacking talent, hustle and overall basketball IQ. To me the only guy I wouldn't move is JV and everyone else would be available. Unless there is a team looking to shed salary where we can can a significant upgrade in talent I don't believe in the team currently constructed. Last year Casey missed the boat playing vets over youth

Comment

Working...
                              X