Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs are statistically unlikely

Post Thanks / Like

Default Playoffs are statistically unlikely

punching up the old numbers on the calculator. Raps will need to go 40 for 20 or roughly 666% for the rest of the season in order to finish around 500 and have a shot at 8th.

having said that we are long overdue for a 60 game win streak

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps need to go 36-27 (.571) to finish with 40 wins.

No small feat given this roster. Through 19 games, we're playing .210 ball, lol.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

its possible, the schedule does get a little easier for us and with Pau Gasol coming over December 15th we are bound to get better

Post Thanks / Like

no shit huh?
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    its possible, the schedule does get a little easier for us and with Pau Gasol coming over December 15th we are bound to get better
    Done deal!

Its heating up pretty good tho.

What i dont understand from Kupchak is why is he saying that he wants to see first how Nash and Gasol will play together when in reality that is not the issue. The issue is the inability of Gasol and Howard to co-exist. Gasol is not a PnR recipient. Howard is.

Gasol gets trade before Xmas be it with the Raps or not. Kupchak is a two-faced liar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Done deal!

What i dont understand from Kupchak is why is he saying that he wants to see first how Nash and Gasol will play together when in reality that is not the issue. The issue is the inability of Gasol and Howard to co-exist. Gasol is not a PnR recipient. Howard is.

Gasol gets trade before Xmas be it with the Raps or not. Kupchak is a two-faced liar.
    And one of the best GM's in the game.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Done deal!

would you have done any differently if you had to choose between Gasol and Howard?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    And one of the best GM's in the game.
    I'm not too sold on that. He has Kobe and the reputation of the city and the Lakers behind him.

If he can manage to turn the Raptors into a Lakers franchise, then I'm sold.

Post Thanks / Like

It's every man for himself time. Again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    would you have done any differently if you had to choose between Gasol and Howard?
    I'd end the experiment as fast as i can. Let Howard work the inside and stop all the experiment nonsense.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too sold on that. He has Kobe and the reputation of the city and the Lakers behind him.

If he can manage to turn the Raptors into a Lakers franchise, then I'm sold.
    I give credit where due and I think Kupchak deserves a lot of credit.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I give credit where due and I think Kupchak deserves a lot of credit.
    No doubt about it. Im not disputing the fact that Kupchak made those trades happen. But his job is definitely a bit easier compared to, say, BCs. Good players are asking to be traded to the Lakers. That is good foundation to make trades happen. No good player has ever requested for a trade to Toronto. Thats the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Kupchak is average. He's no Isiah, but he's not even close to the Popovich / Buford dynamic duo.

He has the most desired market in the league for players, he has ridiculous TV money coming in that allows him to laugh in the face of the CBA, and he's had Kobe Bryant for the past 15 years.

LA is the Manchester City basketball, most of the other teams are stuck trying to be Arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt about it. Im not disputing the fact that Kupchak made those trades happen. But his job is definitely a bit easier compared to, say, BCs. Good players are asking to be traded to the Lakers. That is good foundation to make trades happen. No good player has ever requested for a trade to Toronto. Thats the difference.
    No doubt LA has appeal but that is what winning does for a franchise.

The Clippers also reside in LA and no one wanted to go there for years until CP3 arrived.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Done deal!

IMO the reason They said that is just to keep everything hush hush and not cause a problem between nash and management before a trade happens. SO at this point nash thinks " okay at least we can try things out before we decide". But i think Kupchak already knows gasol is gone. Same thing with the early trade rumour sugguesting Raptors were trying to trade for gasol but no include Bargnani. Thats all just to save face incase a trade for bargnani doesnt actually happen.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Kupchak is average. He's no Isiah, but he's not even close to the Popovich / Buford dynamic duo.

He has the most desired market in the league for players, he has ridiculous TV money coming in that allows him to laugh in the face of the CBA, and he's had Kobe Bryant for the past 15 years.

LA is the Manchester City basketball, most of the other teams are stuck trying to be Arsenal.
    In no way are the Lakers Man City. I remember when City was coming back to the Premiership and their best player was Shawn Goater (m/s?). The Lakers are Man U. If the Nets start winning titles, or even maybe the Mavs are closer to City -- a team that gave us grief and then was sold to a billionare who threw money at a title.

Not that that changes your argument dramatically-- just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    In no way are the Lakers Man City. I remember when City was coming back to the Premiership and their best player was Shawn Goater (m/s?). The Lakers are Man U. If the Nets start winning titles, or even maybe the Mavs are closer to City -- a team that gave us grief and then was sold to a billionare who threw money at a title.

Not that that changes your argument dramatically-- just saying.
    Hmm, fair point. City doesn't have the history like the Lakers do. I was mainly going by the finances.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

the public talk is just price pushing to me. l.a. has one tradeable asset and a bunch of holes to fill. I think the klieza Jose and bargs deal is a good one for them. I don't know what minny offered but it's probably built around Williams.

our deal shores up their bench well. they have No bench scoring and a chucker like klieza would do wonders for them.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pau Gasol and JV would be the best front court in the east if Pau is healthy.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Pau Gasol and JV would be the best front court in the east if Pau is healthy.
    Jonas still has a ways to go before he's a legit "threat". By then, Gasol may not be around.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information