Default TOR-MIN-LAL Sweetened Blockbuster Deal

Toronto out: Bargs, Calderon, Ross, Amir
    Toronto in: Gasol, Odom-Morris, Ridnour, D-Will

Min out: Pekovic, Ridnour, D-Will
    Min in: Amir, Ross, Artest

LA out: Gasol, Odom Morris, Artest
    LA in: Bargs, Calderon, Pekovic

Raps Lineups
    Lowry/Ridnour/Odom-Morris (Lucas is waived)
    DeRozan/Fields/Anderson
    D-Will/Pietrus/Kleiza
    Gasol/Davis/Acy
    Val/Gray

-If I'm BC. i would pry these players and run like bandit and maybe avoid getting fired
    -Getting Gasol would benefit the Raps (a playoff contender, maybe next year unless we win 20 in a row)
    -Getting D-Will, perhaps a change of scenery, he may be our 3 of the future, a former 2nd pick of the 2011 nba draft, he has lost his touch with the Wolves, in exchange of Ross (who could be their starting 2), D-Will can solidify our lineup, he won't hurt and possibly flourish under Casey's system beside he's real tight with DeMar
    -Ridnour is a much better backup than Calderon, better contract nonetheless
    -We waive Lucas and in return get a young prospect PG in Odom-Morris.
    -We clear a lot of cap for next year by getting rid of Bargs + Calderon and Gasol has a player option next year, we can trade him for a young PF with upsides + backup C (Oden, Varejao, Jason Thompsons, or Perkins)

Post Thanks / Like

This whole thing breaks down with the mention of Ross being traded.

Post Thanks / Like

An alternate TOR/LAL/MIN trade could be:

LAL: Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza
    MIN: Gasol
    TOR: Pekovic, Williams, Shved, Cunningham*, Clark*

* just included to match salaries. The trade works in the ESPN Trade Machine if you sub Ridnour & Rubio instead of Williams & Shved (both sets combine for $7.7M salary)

I think Shved instead of Ridnour makes the trade a little better for Toronto, giving them 3 good young prospects. Cunningham could be flipped for a 2nd round pick (or whatever) and Clark could be waived (expiring).

Minnesota would be in more of a win-now mode after acquiring Gasol, so it makes sense for them to keep a more veteran backup PG (Ridnour).

LA gets a spread-4 in the starting lineup, a veteran Nash-duplicate backup PG and a backup forward who can post-up or spread the floor.

Toronto could throw is some/all of their 4 2nd round picks (13, 14, 14-Sac, 15) to sweeten the pot, or to ideally land a 1st round pick from Minnesota (but that might be pushing it).

I personally want nothing to do with Gasol and his potentially chronic 32-year-old knee tendonitis. The Raps are suppoed to be in [re]building mode, so I'd much rather flip Gasol for a combination of young talent and draft picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    An alternate TOR/LAL/MIN trade could be:

LAL: Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza
    MIN: Gasol
    TOR: Pekovic, Williams, Shved, Cunningham*, Clark*

* just included to match salaries. The trade works in the ESPN Trade Machine if you sub Ridnour & Rubio instead of Williams & Shved (both sets combine for $7.7M salary)

I think Shved instead of Ridnour makes the trade a little better for Toronto, giving them 3 good young prospects. Cunningham could be flipped for a 2nd round pick (or whatever) and Clark could be waived (expiring).

Minnesota would be in more of a win-now mode after acquiring Gasol, so it makes sense for them to keep a more veteran backup PG (Ridnour).

LA gets a spread-4 in the starting lineup, a veteran Nash-duplicate backup PG and a backup forward who can post-up or spread the floor.

Toronto could throw is some/all of their 4 2nd round picks (13, 14, 14-Sac, 15) to sweeten the pot, or to ideally land a 1st round pick from Minnesota (but that might be pushing it).

I personally want nothing to do with Gasol and his potentially chronic 32-year-old knee tendonitis. The Raps are suppoed to be in [re]building mode, so I'd much rather flip Gasol for a combination of young talent and draft picks.
    Toronto could take on Blake instead of Clark, if the Lakers want to dump more salary/PG. I'd expect Toronto to turn around and shop Cunningham & Blake for picks, instead of having to cut anybody.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

hahaha. fuck minny. williams ridnour and pekovic out being replaced with artest and the hope ross pans out.

this one is good

Thread Information