How good is Kyle Lowry really?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is Kyle Lowry really?!

Is he as good as people percieve him to be as a solid point guard on a bad team or is he the reincarnation ala Mike James and is there just to pad his stats up?!

He is a very good player. But bargnani's shittyness and this teams 180 degree turn in terms of defense has made us lose all these games we're suppose to be winning. I feel sorry for him, he tries his hardest to lead us to a victory.

Comment

ouch.

Comment

It's not an illusion. He is quite good. Talent, skills, and effort.

Comment

He needs more consistency. When he's on, the whole team gets fired up. If he started games the way he ends them (in terms of effort, not scoring), I think the whole team would play with more intensity. I see him trying hard to find teammates and sometimes forcing passes that aren't there, but part of that is chemistry. Once everyone is on the same page, there won't be the same need to force things. He's one of the reasons I don't want the Raptors to tank: I hope he's our long term PG, and I don't think he stays if we spend the next couple years losing 75% of our games.

Comment

He is a good player its just his asissts arent that high cause if you look at our games we spend the first 5 minutes passing to Bargnani to try and get him going before we attempt anything else.

He is a real competitor real gritty I just wish he was miced for games so I could hear what he says in huddles and what Casey says also.

Comment

Lowry's game is a bit selfish overall, but he has the talent to make difficult shots, so you can't complain. Bargs and val struggle to get the ball with him running the offense, but the less efficient bargs needs to make edjustments not the other way around.

Comment

If he had more shooters around him, his assist numbers would be a lot higher. For example, if he was on Philly, he'd be putting up even better numbers. I really do believe he's a borderline all-star, but he'd need to be on a really good team to actually be an allstar

Comment

Lowry is our best player by far. I feel so bad for him playing with a bunch of pylons. Him and Amir Johnson have the most heart on the team.

Comment

Lowry's game may seem selfish but when NOBODY on the team can buy a bucket he def. plays more of a 1on1 type game..cant really blame him in that situation.. he isnt a flashy passer but he def. does make plays for others too.. take last game for example..he had 11assists.. he drove the ball down the paint all second half & when defence would play him solid he dished the ball out..he has tended to force it at times though since hes been back & u can see DC telling him to keep the ball moving

Comment

Top point guard... on this team.

Nah he's actually a top 10 point guard, he's getting back up to speed.

Why do people have to be so negative about even our best player?

Lowry's not the problem. Focus your negativity on the actual problems (Primo pasta boy)
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                        Top point guard... on this team.

Nah he's actually a top 10 point guard, he's getting back up to speed.

Why do people have to be so negative about even our best player?

Lowry's not the problem. Focus your negativity on the actual problems (Primo pasta boy)
                        because they're sad/mad pasta boy sucks. They have to make ridiculous claims, like lowry is mike james to justify his suckiness. 95% of the fanbase is thrilled we have lowry.

either that or they really love jose.
                        Last edited by akashsingh; Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:50 PM.

Comment

The fact that people are even complaining about Lowry's play has me confused.

Statistically he's having a better season compared to last year (which some analysts were calling for an all-star spot) in almost every single category including FG% and 3FG%. The only negatives I could possibly think of are his questionable shots down the stretch, which some say is due to him playing "hero ball". Nonsense.

Kyle is up there with the best in terms of an all-around player that gives you a little bit of everything. Did you know he's averaging more rebounds than Bargnani?
                          Last edited by Sig; Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                            The fact that people are even complaining about Lowry's play has me confused.

Statistically he's having a better season compared to last year (which some analysts were calling for an all-star spot) in almost every single category including FG% and 3FG%. The only negatives I could possibly think of are his questionable shots down the stretch, which some say is due to him playing "hero ball". Nonsense.

Kyle is up there with the best in terms of an all-around player that gives you a little bit of everything. Did you know he's averaging more rebounds than Bargnani?
                            saw he was only one of five players averaging 15 5 and 5 in the league. guy is awesome.

do you remember Mike James? that wasn't even hero ball. that was I got to get paid ball.

Comment

He leads are team in scoring, steals, tied in rebounding with Ed.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                              X