Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Big V headed to the bench! Are you kidding me????

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

People up in arms over this move have lost their minds, most specifically ones who've been saying we need to see JV and ED working together. Guess what? This move does that!! AND it puts them both on the floor more with Jose, who will feed them the ball more. I can't think of a better scenario for their development in working together at both ends.

This move is no diss on JV, but is very likely a good move to make FOR HIM at this time. The last 2 games indicate he may be hitting a bit of a rookie wall while constantly playing against the opponent's #1 C, while he still has lots to work on. This relieves much of the pressure from him and allows for an easier route to adapting to the NBA schedule and lifestyle. It doesn't mean he'll play less minutes (maybe even more), nor does it mean he won't find his way back to the starting unit as the season wears on.

Some people need to chill from criticizing every single move, especially those that wanted ED and JV working together to start with. Sheeesh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    I actually think Amir is stronger than JV in this stage of their careers. Prob won't stay that way. Also, last year Bargs guarded the 5 a bunch and Amir would guard the 4 (like K-Love for example). It was match up related.
    We've seen the Amir/Bargs frontcourt for the last 2 years. It worked to the tune of two ~20-win teams. It's pointless.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

val looks exhausted. bargnani play's better with amir it's true. optimistic me is excited to finally see a davis valanciunas front court for extended minutes (even if calderon will be at the point instead of lowry) b/c I'd like to believe that is our future.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    People up in arms over this move have lost their minds, most specifically ones who've been saying we need to see JV and ED working together. Guess what? This move does that!! AND it puts them both on the floor more with Jose, who will feed them the ball more. I can't think of a better scenario for their development in working together at both ends.

This move is no diss on JV, but is very likely a good move to make FOR HIM at this time. The last 2 games indicate he may be hitting a bit of a rookie wall while constantly playing against the opponent's #1 C, while he still has lots to work on. This relieves much of the pressure from him and allows for an easier route to adapting to the NBA schedule and lifestyle. It doesn't mean he'll play less minutes (maybe even more), nor does it mean he won't find his way back to the starting unit as the season wears on.

Some people need to chill from criticizing every single move, especially those that wanted ED and JV working together to start with. Sheeesh.
    I just posted but +1. I see jose as a negative, b/c they need to build chemistry with lowry, the point guard who they will be working once we get rid of jose and bargs.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Spot on. JV has hit the rookie wall, or rather it has hit him in the form of very large men pushing him around night after night.

JV is very raw and is clearly overmatched by most starting 5s at this point in his career. I don't see how continually throwing him into the fire is going to result in anything but burnout and injury. It's not like we'll lose more games in his absence.

Let the kid develop at a medium pace. Best way to do that is to bring him off the bench.

Raptors Republic Rookie Ed Davis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as Val still gets good minutes then I'm fine with this. I've been very pleased with Amir's recent play and Val has looked tired out there so this could be a good move. Wouldn't mind seeing Davis gets some starts as well!!!

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    I actually think Amir is stronger than JV in this stage of their careers. Prob won't stay that way. Also, last year Bargs guarded the 5 a bunch and Amir would guard the 4 (like K-Love for example). It was match up related.
    I agree and yeah Amir is stronger than JV Demarcus Cousins got whatever he wanted against him in SAC, but a lot of that is from inexperience + he isn't strong enough yet. It really isnt a big deal guy Jonas will still get his minutes and grow I dont get what everyone is so up in arm about..

Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MLSE is like a virus of the brain. When respected sports people come here they lose their mind, and start making stupid decisions. What is wrong with this team and everyone with a position of power involved with it?
    Deadallus

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The one plus I see from this, and I believe it may have been touched on earlier, is that AB can once again play the post, where he did a fairly decent job last year. This year he seems lost on the perimiter, a spot that is obviously being help for JV.

I guess we'll see tonight!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    After 7 years, I don't think any GM can be tricked into thinking Bargnani is someone he isn't. IMO, his playing time is irrelevant to his trade value. Every knowledgeable basketball mind knows who Bargnani is. The next 10-20 games can't change that.
    BryCo is still eating that Primo pasta and sauce.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Val will be starting tonight..http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2..._jazz_preview/

glad to see..Val hasnt been our prob. PRIMO PASTA is!

Post Thanks / Like

After 7 years, I don't think any GM can be tricked into thinking Bargnani is someone he isn't. IMO, his playing time is irrelevant to his trade value. Every knowledgeable basketball mind knows who Bargnani is. The next 10-20 games can't change that.
    +1

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Val will be starting tonight..http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2..._jazz_preview/

glad to see..Val hasnt been our prob. PRIMO PASTA is!
    So, pretty much a wasted thread.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Alright, I understand he does not deserve starting spot yet, although putting blame on him, when hes literally the only guy who defends the paint... What do you expect, how many times he got dunked because Bargnani lost his player? I'm starting to hate Caseys system, because he is the one who puts Andrea near 3pt line and commands him to play Brickani. He's is not DIRK, come on, all basketball world knows that and they are still repeating same crap. Frustrating.
    DC thinks that our version of Dirk is AB. I am beginning to believe that DC is in fact BC's lap dog as others on this forum have stated. If so both need to go.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Trade AB now amd get it over with already.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully he stays out of early foul trouble...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey:
    "You have to go protect the paint and he's about a half second off of that, being where he has to be," Casey said. "It's experience and being there numerous times, he's getting better at it but he's still not there yet. Recognizing that situation and it's a split moment."

Raptors are 4-15. Go blame Valanciunas. If it is even true, it is too late. Let them (future people) fucking play and look forward to the next season. Idiots (sorry for the word), who makes these decisions.

Raptors Republic Starter b2kelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate the raptors now. The way the organization is treating its players is honestly worse than how the Leafs treat Kadri. Honestly no wonder why nobody wants to play for these clowns! If the city sucks, the least the organization could do is treat its players with some respect to attempt to create a better culture around the club, holy ass barf.
    Last edited by b2kelly; Fri Dec 7th, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/06...g-to-the-bench

some Casey quotes in there recanting his earlier thoughts, saying he's gonna leave JV in the starting 5. I'm becoming indifferent because I don't think it matters with this current lineup. Something's gotta give sooner than later.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, well I'll reply to this I guess... Val and Davis are our best frontcourt. Which in theory means they shouldn't be getting 15 mpg and/or getting demoted out of the starting lineup.

People are frustrated because players who put out effort and get results aren't getting rewarded, while players who put out no effort and clearly don't get results do get rewarded with minutes.

I really feel like you are the one who needs to chill out. Sheesh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information