Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Pro's and Con's of a rumour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Minny could be giving up too much, but maybe if they acquire Kleiza and Gasol, it could help them. They become a better team, and in win-now situation as well.
    I don't see it happening, Pekovic is a lot more valuable than some of you think. Minnesota could definitely get a better deal somewhere else

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    I don't see it happening, Pekovic is a lot more valuable than some of you think. Minnesota could definitely get a better deal somewhere else
    I guess, but can't deny the fact Minnesota is running hard for Gasol. Quite frankly, they've been trying hard to acquire him since the off-season.

Post Thanks / Like

If the Lakers can land Calderon that would be huge for them. When he was last the primary backup he was hands down the best second string PG in the league. With Nash getting old it also give them a guy who can start in times of injury and run Mike's offense with mistake free basketball.

That said, if this thread was about Marc then I'd say sign me up...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with the Wolves in trading is that they don't have a lot of salary to work with if they plan to acquire Gasol (Hence, the Raptors getting a ton of players). Packing Kleiza would be nice, but it wouldn't work financially.

Anderson probably fits in terms of money though. Looking forward to the 15th though, when signed players can be traded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Zewo wrote: View Post
    The problem with the Wolves in trading is that they don't have a lot of salary to work with if they plan to acquire Gasol (Hence, the Raptors getting a ton of players). Packing Kleiza would be nice, but it wouldn't work financially.

Anderson probably fits in terms of money though. Looking forward to the 15th though, when signed players can be traded.
    Never knew that rule! Can't trade a signed player in their first year until December 15th?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive read a lot of the rumors and a three team deal seems most likely. With rumors swirling about derrick willams being unhappy, this seems more possible.

Lakers get Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza
    Minnisota gets Pau Gasol
    Toronto gets Derrick Williams and possibly Pekovic

I don't think Bryan has too much interest in Pau at this point in his career. Thus, the Raptors can send him to Minnisota for Williams and Pekovic. I like Pekovic but he would probably be shipped for additional pieces. If Steve Blake is not added, the Raps can sign Mike Bibby who i think can serve as a decent back up PG. Overall, i like the idea of the Raptors shedding some salary in the form of Calderon, Kleiza and Bargnani.

Edit: I know the salaries dont match but i think this is appropriate framework.
    Last edited by EuroBaller; Fri Dec 7th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

A Pau trade is adding Spanish deck chairs to the Titanic. We instantly get slightly better. But then what? We become a legitimate 8th seed in 2013-14 (LOL!) and build on that 'success' to get a firm lock on the 7th spot in 2014-15?

A maturing JV then replaces Pau and we are....the same?

Pau is a great player, world-class, but he's on the downslope of his career and we're not going to be contenders (or even good) with him in the lineup carrying heavy minutes. We don't even know that he can carry heavy minutes.

We are short on overall talent - no all-star calibre players, one dimensional at almost every position, a weak bench, and we've seen the ceiling for everyone but JV (yes, ED has played well lately, but that is not evidence that he's a legit starter). Trading for anything but draft picks or young projects is just a band-aid to placate fans and possibly save BC's job.

Trading for a 30+ former all-star with many international miles on his body is not a long-term solution. It is the move you'd expect from a team that's on the cusp of a deep playoff run. This stinks of Colangelo looking to save his job.

No es bueno.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Never knew that rule! Can't trade a signed player in their first year until December 15th?
    ya signed players cant be traded till dec.15 or 3 months after contract signed, whichever is later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    When you pluralize something, for example, "pros" and "cons", meaning more than one of the thing, you don't use an apostrophe.

You do use an apostrophe when you're contracting two words, like "it is" becoming "it's" -- to get rid of the vowel -- or when possessive situations occur, like "commenter's grammar" -- the grammar belongs to the commenter, so you use the possessive apostrophe to distinguish it from the pluralized form, which does not have an apostrophe.
    Sorry professor.

Post Thanks / Like

When you pluralize something, for example, "pros" and "cons", meaning more than one of the thing, you don't use an apostrophe.

You do use an apostrophe when you're contracting two words, like "it is" becoming "it's" -- to get rid of the vowel -- or when possessive situations occur, like "commenter's grammar" -- the grammar belongs to the commenter, so you use the possessive apostrophe to distinguish it from the pluralized form, which does not have an apostrophe.
    Lol. Hey you're that sarcasm guy in the comment section, love your work.

Post Thanks / Like

anybody feel like tanking and go 3 way with the Lakers and Wolves? framework: Lakers get AB and Calderon, Wolves get Gasol, Raps get Derrick Williams and Luke Ridnour

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's time for Raps to land an all star, no matter Pau or gay or something else. I understand its very important to keep our pick, however the only way to get the useful rookie is keep lose game until OKC can't get it.

Think about it, even a useful rookie still unable to turn things around. So, if you r Lowry, would you like to re-sign and stay in Toronto? If there is some good FA on the market, u think they will consider a suck team like toronto beside super overpay? "IF" we got an all star and get a happy ending, then we still have chance to attract some good FA and become a ok or good team. Otherwise, there is no reason a good player wanna stay in a suck team and high tax city even you have some talent like Demar. IF the time is running out, Demar, Davis may request a trade or run away after they got the big money.

For these years, Raptors lose enough, and I don't have any hope on our pick, unless you tell me there is the other LBJ waiting for us end of the year.

Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frynoodle wrote: View Post
    Think about it, even a useful rookie still unable to turn things around. So, if you r Lowry, would you like to re-sign and stay in Toronto? If there is some good FA on the market, u think they will consider a suck team like toronto beside super overpay? "IF" we got an all star and get a happy ending, then we still have chance to attract some good FA and become a ok or good team. Otherwise, there is no reason a good player wanna stay in a suck team and high tax city even you have some talent like Demar. IF the time is running out, Demar, Davis may request a trade or run away after they got the big money.
    Ah, so if we give out happy endings we will attract more FA.

It's funny how most people are saying trade Bargs for a sack of potatoes but then nobody likes this deal. I think it kinda sucks to lose Jose just as we get his country man though. Back when Spain won at the olympics I was wondering how feasible it would be to get them all on one nba team.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Theres no need to apologize.

Am I mistaken or is an apostrophe missing between there and s. Two words are contracted right?
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information