The Pro's and Con's of a rumour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zewo wrote: View Post
    Raptors would have to waive some players, but how about this?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aedzjf4

Raptors:
    PG: Lowry / Barea / Lucas
    SG: Derozan / Ross / Fields / Anderson
    SF: Pietrus / Budinger / Kleiza
    PF: Davis / Williams / Johnson
    C: Pekovic / Valanciunas / Gray

Wolves
    Rubio / Ridnour
    Roy / Shved / Lee
    Kirelenko / Howard
    Love / Cunningham / Amundson
    Gasol /Stiesma

Lakers get their mercurial floor spacer and steady backup.
    I like it, but I think it would be better if we included Kleiza or Anderson to go to Minnesota, we can't have 16 players, and they probably aren't looking to have only 11-12 players.

My opinion though on the lineup:

PG: Lowry/Barea/Lucas
    SG: Derozan/Fields/Ross
    SF: Pietrus/Bundinger (Kleiza & Anderson sent to Minnesota/Los Angeles)
    PF: Pekovic/Davis/Johnson/Acy
    C: Valanciunas/Gray
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Fri Dec 7, 2012, 03:46 PM.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

BC doesn't want to get younger. His in win now mode.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Raptors would have to waive some players, but how about this?
        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aedzjf4

Raptors:
        PG: Lowry / Barea / Lucas
        SG: Derozan / Ross / Fields / Anderson
        SF: Pietrus / Budinger / Kleiza
        PF: Davis / Williams / Johnson
        C: Pekovic / Valanciunas / Gray

Wolves
        Rubio / Ridnour
        Roy / Shved / Lee
        Kirelenko / Howard
        Love / Cunningham / Amundson
        Gasol /Stiesma

Lakers get their mercurial floor spacer and steady backup.
        A little optimistic...

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          BC doesn't want to get younger. His in win now mode.
          Agreed.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
            A little optimistic...
            Minny could be giving up too much, but maybe if they acquire Kleiza and Gasol, it could help them. They become a better team, and in win-now situation as well.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              Minny could be giving up too much, but maybe if they acquire Kleiza and Gasol, it could help them. They become a better team, and in win-now situation as well.
              I don't see it happening, Pekovic is a lot more valuable than some of you think. Minnesota could definitely get a better deal somewhere else

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                I don't see it happening, Pekovic is a lot more valuable than some of you think. Minnesota could definitely get a better deal somewhere else
                I guess, but can't deny the fact Minnesota is running hard for Gasol. Quite frankly, they've been trying hard to acquire him since the off-season.

Comment

If the Lakers can land Calderon that would be huge for them. When he was last the primary backup he was hands down the best second string PG in the league. With Nash getting old it also give them a guy who can start in times of injury and run Mike's offense with mistake free basketball.

That said, if this thread was about Marc then I'd say sign me up...

Comment

The problem with the Wolves in trading is that they don't have a lot of salary to work with if they plan to acquire Gasol (Hence, the Raptors getting a ton of players). Packing Kleiza would be nice, but it wouldn't work financially.

Anderson probably fits in terms of money though. Looking forward to the 15th though, when signed players can be traded.

Comment

The problem with the Wolves in trading is that they don't have a lot of salary to work with if they plan to acquire Gasol (Hence, the Raptors getting a ton of players). Packing Kleiza would be nice, but it wouldn't work financially.

Anderson probably fits in terms of money though. Looking forward to the 15th though, when signed players can be traded.
                      Never knew that rule! Can't trade a signed player in their first year until December 15th?

Comment

Ive read a lot of the rumors and a three team deal seems most likely. With rumors swirling about derrick willams being unhappy, this seems more possible.

Lakers get Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza
                        Minnisota gets Pau Gasol
                        Toronto gets Derrick Williams and possibly Pekovic

I don't think Bryan has too much interest in Pau at this point in his career. Thus, the Raptors can send him to Minnisota for Williams and Pekovic. I like Pekovic but he would probably be shipped for additional pieces. If Steve Blake is not added, the Raps can sign Mike Bibby who i think can serve as a decent back up PG. Overall, i like the idea of the Raptors shedding some salary in the form of Calderon, Kleiza and Bargnani.

Edit: I know the salaries dont match but i think this is appropriate framework.
                        Last edited by EuroBaller; Fri Dec 7, 2012, 06:29 PM.

Comment

A Pau trade is adding Spanish deck chairs to the Titanic. We instantly get slightly better. But then what? We become a legitimate 8th seed in 2013-14 (LOL!) and build on that 'success' to get a firm lock on the 7th spot in 2014-15?

A maturing JV then replaces Pau and we are....the same?

Pau is a great player, world-class, but he's on the downslope of his career and we're not going to be contenders (or even good) with him in the lineup carrying heavy minutes. We don't even know that he can carry heavy minutes.

We are short on overall talent - no all-star calibre players, one dimensional at almost every position, a weak bench, and we've seen the ceiling for everyone but JV (yes, ED has played well lately, but that is not evidence that he's a legit starter). Trading for anything but draft picks or young projects is just a band-aid to placate fans and possibly save BC's job.

Trading for a 30+ former all-star with many international miles on his body is not a long-term solution. It is the move you'd expect from a team that's on the cusp of a deep playoff run. This stinks of Colangelo looking to save his job.

No es bueno.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            Never knew that rule! Can't trade a signed player in their first year until December 15th?
                            ya signed players cant be traded till dec.15 or 3 months after contract signed, whichever is later.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                              When you pluralize something, for example, "pros" and "cons", meaning more than one of the thing, you don't use an apostrophe.

You do use an apostrophe when you're contracting two words, like "it is" becoming "it's" -- to get rid of the vowel -- or when possessive situations occur, like "commenter's grammar" -- the grammar belongs to the commenter, so you use the possessive apostrophe to distinguish it from the pluralized form, which does not have an apostrophe.
                              Sorry professor.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                                When you pluralize something, for example, "pros" and "cons", meaning more than one of the thing, you don't use an apostrophe.

You do use an apostrophe when you're contracting two words, like "it is" becoming "it's" -- to get rid of the vowel -- or when possessive situations occur, like "commenter's grammar" -- the grammar belongs to the commenter, so you use the possessive apostrophe to distinguish it from the pluralized form, which does not have an apostrophe.
                                Lol. Hey you're that sarcasm guy in the comment section, love your work.

Comment

Working...
                                X