Amare Stoudemire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amare Stoudemire?

I know its a little far fetched, but the knicks are doing good with out him and he does have a big salary.. What would you guys think about the raps making a push for stoudemire? I think he would do great with Lowry and Derozen, and he would give us that physical strength and athleticism in the post. I dunno just throwing it out there, i personally would love to have him in TO but I just wanted to see what you guys thought?

Comment

JB5 wrote: View Post
      I think he would do great with Lowry and Derozen, and he would give us that physical strength and athleticism in the post. I dunno just throwing it out there, i personally would love to have him in TO but I just wanted to see what you guys thought?
      amare doesn't play in the post. he sits front row and watches for 20 million uninsurable dollars a year.

Comment

god no
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          amare doesn't play in the post. he sits front row and watches for 20 million uninsurable dollars a year.
          Lol!

Comment

With his history of injury and that monster contract I would say pass. However, if it was the only way to get AB off the team I would seriously have to think about it. Amare does bring some great intangibles when healthy.

Comment

Such a bad idea

Comment

Amare is an even worse idea than Gasol. Why a rebuilding/building team would want any extremely high-priced 30+ injury prone vets sucking up playing time is beyond me. Adding Gasol on the heels of Pietrus, while relegating Valanciunas & Ross to the deep bench, stinks of a win-now desperation move by a GM who thinks his job will be saved by additional wins (instead of development of the young talent he assembled during his rebuild/build). I really don't get the mixed messages being spewed by BC & DC these days.
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Dec 7, 2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

this is an awful idea. The contract would cripple us, just like amare's knees did to him.

Comment

We already know all the reasons not to go after Amar'e ie. contract, history of injury, etc., but since this is one of the few threads that doesn't directly have to with Bargnani I'm going to try and play devils advocate and give some reasons why.

1. When healthy he's which was as early as the 10-11 season (78 games played), he averaged 25 points, 8 rebouds, 1.9 blocks and 2.6 assists a game. Those are some serious numbers. MVP type numbers.

2. Toughness. He's not afraid to scrap with anyone and can help give the team some credibility which they've been sorely lacking.

3. JV is one part of a dominant future front court and until he gets a capable running mate (no offense to ED or Amir)the Raptors aren't truly taking advantage of what he could mean to the team. Oakley and Davis, Perkins and Ibaka, Wallace and Sheed, J-Smoove and Horford to name a few examples. JV needs a someone playing next to him that can hold his own in order for the Raptors to have a true edge against other teams.

4. Non-American Stigma. We all no the stigma surrounding the Raptors and the idea of American players are hard to attract through free agency. Lowry is our most significant acquisition in a while and we got him through a trade. An opportunistic trade where Houston was pretty desperate to get rid of him. These sort of opportunities don't come by often for the Raptors to trade for an above average talent. We sure as hell wouldn't have a chance to get Amar'e if he had a say in it. If the Knicks want to get rid of him and we have something they want it might be one of those rare opportunities for the Rap's.

Anyways, just a few non Bargnanni thoughts.

Please create more non Bargnani threads. I die a little bit inside each time one of those stupid threads get started.

Comment

There are three huge redflags when it comes to Amare:

1) His knees
                      2) His contract
                      3) His defense

The Raptors have an awful track record with injuries. Amare is not getting younger, and has no insurance on his knees which can go any moment. He's also prone to suspensions and punching fire extinguishers. Many people believe that he has the worst contract in the league. Let's try to avoid it.

The Raptors need a PF that can play defense. We have been so used to a PF that plays mediocre defense (Bosh) to horrible defense (Bargnani). Let's try to improve that spot with someone who can actually stop the ball.

Comment

I do understand the argument of the knees.. but since this year the last time he's had true issues with his knee was back in 03'. He is a beast to, look when he first came to the knicks with felton, they were a winning team and he was putting up mvp numbers.. Bargs is a bum, realistically i havnt seen anything special from terrence ross to get me excited.. Amare stoudemire could be that player that brings ball back to TO.. Id rather be paying him the big bucks then looking at Jose Calderon and Bargs get 20 mill together, thats just depressing.. I just think Lowry, Derozen and Stoudemire would be sick to watch!

Comment

I Know to that Amare is not the greatest defender but who better to pair him up with then Dwayne Casey? Imagine if casey got amare into a defensive minded player.. I dunno, Its never going to happen but i just like the topic of convo..

Comment

This would make us the absolute joke of the league, forever.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                              This would make us the absolute joke of the league, forever.
                              Too late

Comment

Working...
                              X