Is Casey stuck in dreamland??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    You'd think he'd have at least one offensive minded assistant that can help him out..
    They should hire SVG.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
      Isn't the big picture here suppose to be "Why did we lose and how can we fix it?" Not trying to give Barg credit for someone else putting up points. For shit sake, he is making $10 mil a year. He is suppose to be able to make others around him good. And he is suppose to pick up the slack.
      Exactly. This is team sport. AB may not realize this.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
        All of these teams had bigs that could shoot, but none of these bigs (Bosh, Nowitzki, Gasol, Garnett) were camped out at the 3 pt line jacking up 3's outside of Nowitzki who I am certain also took many fouls shots that year and has a super midrange game.

I am also fairly certain without having to check the stats that all of them averaged 6+ boards at least and were active defensively for their teams.

A big who shoots from the perimeter shooting under 40% or even his career avg of 44% and not making much other contributions to his team should not be compared to these players that actually helped their teams win a chip.
        I'm not comparing Bargs to these players. My discussion is limited to responding to the concept that having two bigs working in the paint is no problem, and that having a big that draws another outside is of no great value. All of those players, as well as a combined 28 minutes by Horry/Bonner for the Spurs last ship of theirs, may not shoot lot from the 3 pt line, but shot a significant amount from beyond 16 ft, creating the same spacing affect. Sadly, the current Raptors only have 1 big capable of drawing bigs out beyond 16 ft on a regular basis.

NOTE: To repeat, the discussion is about the value of having a big spreading the floor, not a discussion of whether Bargs other attributes, or lack thereof, justify his positioning on the floor, AS DEFINED BY THE COACHING STAFF, not his choosing to play out there against the team's wishes, as some try and spout all the time.

Comment

Our offense is so frustrating to watch, even last year. It's too methodical and slow, usually involving just 2 men in a pick and roll, or the obvious down screen for Derozan. There's no ball movement at all. It's like watching Mike Brown's offense in L.A. except we don't have the talent.

Houston was pretty good last year and I would argue that on paper, our talent level matches theirs. You can say what you want about McHale's personality, but his offense is pretty solid. Even watching them now, it's similar to how they played last year. A lot of ball movement, side top side -- pick and roll on one side, then swing it to get the defense shifting.

We don't have this type of movement. We don't have the talent level nor the experience to be methodical on offense and end up playing one on one anyway. Compound that with our defense, this year has been so frustrating to watch.

That, right there, falls on Dwane Casey.

I don't even know why I keep watching. I guess that's just the curse of being a fan. One thing I know is, it's easier for me to turn that channel when things get embarrassing.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
            Our offense is so frustrating to watch, even last year. It's too methodical and slow, usually involving just 2 men in a pick and roll, or the obvious down screen for Derozan. There's no ball movement at all. It's like watching Mike Brown's offense in L.A. except we don't have the talent.

Houston was pretty good last year and I would argue that on paper, our talent level matches theirs. You can say what you want about McHale's personality, but his offense is pretty solid. Even watching them now, it's similar to how they played last year. A lot of ball movement, side top side -- pick and roll on one side, then swing it to get the defense shifting.

We don't have this type of movement. We don't have the talent level nor the experience to be methodical on offense and end up playing one on one anyway. Compound that with our defense, this year has been so frustrating to watch.

That, right there, falls on Dwane Casey.

I don't even know why I keep watching. I guess that's just the curse of being a fan. One thing I know is, it's easier for me to turn that channel when things get embarrassing.
            First off Torch, I'm going to try and concentrate on responding to your post because you're Avatar is distracting. Second, the ball movement of this team is really bad, especially after watching the Denver game. If it's Lowry, it's shot happy. If it's Calderon, its dribbles. Sigh.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
            X