Brooklyn Nets: The Association.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklyn Nets: The Association.

This is a great segment. I felt really bad for the guys who were the 16-18 players on the team. Had to be let go, didn't know it was really that tough.

Anyways, I was watching the first two episodes, and one of the episodes covered their home-opener.
    The home-opener against us. The Toronto Raptors.

The number 1 thing they wanted to stop, was Andrea Bargnani. Avery Johnson was saying stuff like "Don't let him touch the ball! He's not getting anywhere near the hoop! Don't let him get open on the wing!" That being said, a lot of teams seem to really put Bargnani as the number 1 threat on their scouting report.

Yes I know he's been struggling, and I'm a huge supporter of the movement '#TradeBargnani', but with him being the guy a team keeps an eye on, guys like Derozan and Lowry have the ability to sneak through and take over. And quite frankly, that's what happened that game. Our back-court was tremendous that game.

Now, I think that says something about Bargnani, when he is on the court, it allows others to be better as well. Offensively that is.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

you just figured this out now?

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
      you just figured this out now?
      Nope, known for a long time. Actually, I believe everyone should know it by now. It's just, maybe people don't realize why he is actually still on the court. Coach Casey has some valid reasons for why he's on there.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Nope, known for a long time. Actually, I believe everyone should know it by now. It's just, maybe people don't realize why he is actually still on the court. Coach Casey has some valid reasons for why he's on there.
        +1

some nights his shots don't fall but he's a deadly shooter and the Bargnani Factor never leaves he's always a threat and opens the court for his teamates. I would also like to see Bargnani play a two man game with Derozan more they seem to have good chemistry working together. Also coaches should tell Bargnani to pick and roll more instead of just pick and pop his shooting percentages would increase a lot instead of always taking long range shots.

Comment

+1

some nights his shots don't fall but he's a deadly shooter and the Bargnani Factor never leaves he's always a threat and opens the court for his teamates. I would also like to see Bargnani play a two man game with Derozan more they seem to have good chemistry working together. Also coaches should tell Bargnani to pick and roll more instead of just pick and pop his shooting percentages would increase a lot instead of always taking long range shots.
          Bargnani pulling up at the elbow, or getting something toward the rim would be better for him to start building on good shots. That way, he'll get into rhythm, and the outside looks just come.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            Bargnani pulling up at the elbow, or getting something toward the rim would be better for him to start building on good shots. That way, he'll get into rhythm, and the outside looks just come.
            yea i agree get him the ball at the elbow and let him operate from there kind of like dallas runs the offense through dirk. if he's doubled kick it out if not pump fake dribble drive to rim

Comment

yea i agree get him the ball at the elbow and let him operate from there kind of like dallas runs the offense through dirk. if he's doubled kick it out if not pump fake dribble drive to rim
              Agreed. DC should be able to figure this out you would think.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Watched the first 3 episodes so far and I'm really enjoying it. I like the way Avery Johnson says Bargs' name lol.

Comment

Ed Davis wrote: View Post
                  Thanks for sharing. Watched the first 3 episodes so far and I'm really enjoying it. I like the way Avery Johnson says Bargs' name lol.
                  Agreed! Andrea Barnnnyeeeaaaahhnneeeee!

Comment

This thread is exactly why Bargnani has had the role on this team that he does.

Talk of defense? None

Rebounding? None

Its great that Bargnani helps others to be better offensively through some intangible attraction of attention and spreading the floor. That says nothing about whether he is even worth having on the floor, whether that stays the same while his shot is not falling, whether the money and focus this team puts on him couldn't be better used else where.

This sounds like a poor excuse to support what Casey said regarding Andrea after the Kings game. This occured before the season even started and its what every team is saying against every other teams biggest offensive threat. Do you not think Casey was telling his team soemthing similar about Byron Mullens when they played Charlotte?

Comment

Working...
                    X