Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JV could potentially work with Hakeem the Dream!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JV could potentially work with Hakeem the Dream!

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...romising-start

The most impressive aspect of Valanciunas’s play of late has been his offence. He’s shown a shooting range of up to 15 feet and is far more comfortable handling the ball around the perimeter.

“He’s probably further along on that than his back-to-the basket right now,” said Casey. “I know Bryan has talked about him working with (Hakeem) Olajuwon next summer; we haven’t talked to Olajuwon about that yet but that’s one thing we’ve talked about.
    I think this could be potentially quite beneficial for Jonas. I know that dwight worked with Hakeem a few summers ago, so this cant be a bad thing right?

I'd like to see them go after Patrick Ewing as an Assistant. I think he'd be perfect to work with JV.
    Him or bring in Sabonis! Sabonis is still surprisingly spry for his age!

But no, you're right. Working with Hakeem can NEVER be a bad thing.

Comment

Wow, who doesn't work with Hakeem these days?

But yeah, it definitely can't be a bad thing, I agree. This is good news.

Comment

He should learn the dream shake lol

Comment

Good, I needed something like this to hate Colangelo less

Comment

look at those first 2 baskets, jonas could be hakeem lite if he works hard.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              I'd like to see them go after Patrick Ewing as an Assistant. I think he'd be perfect to work with JV.
              Him or bring in Sabonis! Sabonis is still surprisingly spry for his age!

But no, you're right. Working with Hakeem can NEVER be a bad thing.
              Never thought about Ewing as an assistant but that would be a good hire. He player the game the right way and having a big helping bigs makes a lot of sense. Not only for Jonas but also Ed, Amir and Dre

Comment

That would be awesome! Hakeem would do wonders for this kid. Main thing that they should work on in my opinion is JV's footwork and back to the basket move. Hakeem knows all the trick. He's the greatest center that i've ever seen play.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Just a thought, what if, instead of Hakeem, they JV train with Kareem?? Right? JV already does a little skyhook thing. What better way than to get THE master to teach him that skyhook. It'll prolly never happen, but, what else we gonna talk about? The 4-16 record?

Comment

*let JV train...

Comment

Hakeem owes us
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                        Never thought about Ewing as an assistant but that would be a good hire. He player the game the right way and having a big helping bigs makes a lot of sense. Not only for Jonas but also Ed, Amir and Dre
                        Lol did u just say dre? Its been 7 years and he has no post game whatsoever, outside of a turnaround jumper

Comment

Hate to brake it to you guys, but next summer JV along with Motiejunas will be cornerstones of Lithuanian national team in Euro Championship

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                            Hate to brake it to you guys, but next summer JV along with Motiejunas will be cornerstones of Lithuanian national team in Euro Championship
                            Not to mention he will work out with some guy named Sabonis.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Not to mention he will work out with some guy named Sabonis.
                              Yep, who else to have as a mentor than an all-around center HOF'er

Regarding the Hakeem training, I don't think it's a bad idea at all, but people need to understand that Olajuwon was a freak of nature and that was a big part that helped him develop that footwork and other aspects of his game. Still, I guess it wouldn't hurt right?

Comment

Working...
                              X