Do the Raptors have a good culture? How do we fix this mess FFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Raptors have a good culture? How do we fix this mess FFS

I have no hope for this franchise anymore. This culture of losing is unacceptable. I do not feel the Raps will ever be good ever.. The entire organization is infected with an unbelievable tolerance and acceptance for losing. I think the Raptors actually need to shut down shop for good in Toronto. There is literally so much work to do, literally the only way to right this ship is to fire everyone on the Raps payroll and start fresh in a new city. The damage done here is so severe that the Raps have absolutely no hope for ever winning a fan base back ever.

I think Canada could still support a team but by no means in Toronto, the fans there and city have been so scorn that there is no hope left. Vancouver is the only city in Canada that is really truly amazing and would have the ability to attract high level names. I have lived in both cities and if I was an NBA player I'd hate to live in Toronto, but I would def consider Vancouver.

No hope left for this setup.

The city will support this team, corporations will buy season tickets, still a family-friendly outing.

My main issue is the ownership doesn't care too much about winning by keeping BC around. As long as the attendance is ok, I don't think they worry too much, I mean look at the Leafs.

Comment

I also would have to blame coach casey. Wheres the D? What the hell is going on with the subs? Why the F*** are you still starting and playing Bargs?

Straight forward. If a player is detrimental to the team, sit him or let him come of the bench. Look at Ilysova and the Bucks. Gortat and the Suns. Pau and the Lakers (Though i understand thats more of D'antoni's system). If Bargs doesnt work, sit him and start Ed or Amir. Please dont sit JV. He at least shows consistent effort and ability to box out his man and go after every rebound. Bargs does shit all. Watching todays game, there are so many times where Bargs is just shiiting the bed, not boxing out, no help d, doesnt fight through screens, and does shit all on offense. Seriously....why do you stand on the 3 pt line and wait for the ball. Set off-ball screens. DO something.

Thank god im moving to Phili in the new year. I cant stand the added stress

Comment

Raptors have had bad times and if not the worst, this(now) is one of the worst times. Everything is going against the Raptors. I mean I wish we'd started and finished like this last season 'cause if we had, we'd be in line for a very good pick. It SEEMS hopeless,'SEEMS' being the key word. To feel discouraged is natural but to give in to discouragement is not. Let's believe it is possible 'cause IT IS.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

You raze it to the ground. From the gm on down. You fire everyone. And you start over. Mayb you keep Val and Ross on he theory they havent been tainted yet. Nuke it.

Comment

i dont see how this can be fixed anywhere in the near future. everything about the team is broken. i know i would never want to play for this team knowing your setting yourself up for failure night in a night out theres just nothing to play for anymore. its gotta be hard for a guy like demar to not completely check out knowing he just dug his own grave with that contract

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              Raptors have had bad times and if not the worst, this(now) is one of the worst times. Everything is going against the Raptors. I mean I wish we'd started and finished like this last season 'cause if we had, we'd be in line for a very good pick. It SEEMS hopeless,'SEEMS' being the key word. To feel discouraged is natural but to give in to discouragement is not. Let's believe it is possible 'cause IT IS.
              Always appreciate some positive thoughts, but now isn't the time.

We've been played. To be a fan of this franchise is to know abject and consistent failure. Scott Carefoot nailed it a couple of weeks ago, and he's %100 right.

I can't stomach the prescribed rhetoric that is the Toronto media (with the exception of Koreen, he's ok). spouting off the same boring and uninspired 'fix it, or don't fix it, Bryco is great/isn't great'.

Too long have we pushed the same wheel up the same hill, just to have it roll back on us everytime. The outcome has become too contrived, and I'm no longer interested. Good luck to the rest of you.
              i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Whats happening with this team is a culmination of long term team building.

Over emphasis on offense, lack of leadership, using small or limited samples of play and predicting what will happen long term and not only a lack of accountability but also inconsistently rewarding play.

For those who claimed this team could become the former Clippers or Sacramento or whoever, (ie. teams that seem(ed) to be perennial losers, if they didn't start making an attempt to win, this is how those teams existed.

They didn't keep losing because their was some 'culture of losing'. They lost because they did a terrible job identifying talent and spent inefficiently. Management did a terrible job building a team. There was no focus, but rather a hodge podge of 'potential', with well spoken words rather than well received actions.

While I agree with Slaw to some degree that this team may need to be nuked - this team isn't going anywhere if it doesn't fix management. No team is going anywhere without good management. The teams 'culture' isn't going to change if management is doing the same things, the same ways over and over.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                  Always appreciate some positive thoughts, but now isn't the time.

We've been played. To be a fan of this franchise is to know abject and consistent failure. Scott Carefoot nailed it a couple of weeks ago, and he's %100 right.

I can't stomach the prescribed rhetoric that is the Toronto media (with the exception of Koreen, he's ok). spouting off the same boring and uninspired 'fix it, or don't fix it, Bryco is great/isn't great'.

Too long have we pushed the same wheel up the same hill, just to have it roll back on us everytime. The outcome has become too contrived, and I'm no longer interested. Good luck to the rest of you.
                  This. Especially the bolded part. The last couple games have been painful.

I refuse to watch/support this team until things change. I will not go to anymore games.

Comment

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
                      I have no hope for this franchise anymore. This culture of losing is unacceptable. I do not feel the Raps will ever be good ever.. The entire organization is infected with an unbelievable tolerance and acceptance for losing. I think the Raptors actually need to shut down shop for good in Toronto. There is literally so much work to do, literally the only way to right this ship is to fire everyone on the Raps payroll and start fresh in a new city. The damage done here is so severe that the Raps have absolutely no hope for ever winning a fan base back ever.

I think Canada could still support a team but by no means in Toronto, the fans there and city have been so scorn that there is no hope left. Vancouver is the only city in Canada that is really truly amazing and would have the ability to attract high level names. I have lived in both cities and if I was an NBA player I'd hate to live in Toronto, but I would def consider Vancouver.

No hope left for this setup.
                      Toronto fans continue to support team despite continual losing. The problem is the owners (Bell and Rogers and previous Teachers Pension/MLSE) have no clue how to run a sports franchise. They follow what they are told by the 'experts'.

Comment

Working...
                      X