Biggest problem = Casey and Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest problem = Casey and Bargnani

This team right now is so bad defensively AND offensively. They're a mess really. Defensively, just like Matt and Jack said tonight. They overhelped too much. Not just tonight but pretty much EVERY GAME this year. I can't wait to see them play the Knicks or the Warriors. Those two teams would probably hit 20 three's against this team.

Offensively, they're very predictable. It's either pick and rolls(when Jose's on the floor) or just go one on one whenever Lowry's on the floor. There's no ball movement whatsover. Speaking of Lowry, the guy just takes way too many unnecessary shot. His shot selection is BRUTAL. Bargnani on the other hand is the same thing. Whenever he gets the ball he just shoots. No awareness whatsover.

Where's the accountability that Casey was talking about when he got hired? And he's supposed to be a great defensive coach right? looks like last year was nothing more than a mirage. This team right now defensively is just as bad or maybe even worse than the Jay Triano coached team.
    Mamba Mentality

I dont blame Casey at all its just he has players that dont buy into his system. Lowry plays hero ball cause he literally has to score, whats he going to do? pass to DeRozan who is either doubled or not going to get his call or 2 pass to Bargs who is going to make a poor shot?

The team has no post presence and a big man that actually boxs out well, every team is out rebounding us half of the 3s came from second shot ops tonight, the defense was passable in the first 10 mins but it would have been where its supposed to be if we boxed out and cleared the glass. Casey can only work with what he has.

Comment

What about the team's defence? what about his substitution patterns earlier in the season where it looks like he has no idea what he's doing? and i still don't think he knows what he's doing. What about Bargnani? why is he still getting this much minutes?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        What about Bargnani? why is he still getting this much minutes?
        When you buy a ford focus for quadruple the price, you treat that ride like it's a ferrari. Bargnani is Colangelo's focus.
        Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

What do you mean Casey has to work with what he has ????? As a Coach you must play the players who give effort and follow your methods. I don't care if you make $10MM per year or $400K, NO EFFORT = BENCH. If you are going to lose, at least lose with the guys listening/trying. Defense requires the least amount of physical talent. it requires a head that thinks, feet that move and a heart that cares. I don't care if the RAPS score 80 points/ game. Show me defensive effort PERIOD

Comment

Hero ball has no place in the game. MAKE THE RIGHT BB PLAY PERIOD. IF IT IS A PASS - MAKE IT! THEN IT IS UP TO YOUR TEAM MATE TO DO THE SAME. THAT IS HOW YOU FIND OUT WHO CAN PLAY AND WHO CAN'T.

Comment

At this point I can't properly assess Bargs because the coaching is really bad. Why aren't they running a different defense? Why are there no offensive sets? Why are they going so deep into the bench -- especially during the first quarter? Why do they never use time outs to break up runs for the other team? Why is it that when Bargs was struggling Casey didn't let him come off the bench, and gain confidence against second units? What's with the timing of substitutes? Why does he run 2 pgs when it hasn't worked all season? Why does Casey continue to make the same mistakes and expect different results?

Until these issues are resolved, assessing Andrea properly is impossible.

Comment

Defensively, it looks like they're focused on protecting the paint but they need to focus more on preventing penetration into the paint at the point of attack. Most of the teams they've played this year just drive right by the initial defender, then everyone collapses into the middle, they kick it out for an easy or wide open three as we don't have the athletes to close out quickly. On offence, they just look completely lost. There's no flow to what they're doing as they come up court. It's almost as if it's every person for themselves. At this stage, it just looks like they've lost their spirit. When you keep trying and trying and don't get any results, you eventually give up.

Comment

You can't asses Bargs? The past 6 seasons haven't you shown you enough?

Sorry, but this is just laughable. There are many problems with this team, I get that. But needing more time to asses Bargs? Really?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    You can't asses Bargs? The past 6 seasons haven't you shown you enough?

Sorry, but this is just laughable. There are many problems with this team, I get that. But needing more time to asses Bargs? Really?
                    Yeah that made me chuckle to.

Comment

Looks like Bargs is going to get another coach fired. Perhaps even the GM, too bad, I like Casey, I just don't think he can fix a warped wheel spoke for spoke.

The construction of the team is flawed, we keep being handed rosters, that look like they were in the dogs mouth the night before.

Comment

kuzzybear wrote: View Post
                        What do you mean Casey has to work with what he has ????? As a Coach you must play the players who give effort and follow your methods. I don't care if you make $10MM per year or $400K, NO EFFORT = BENCH. If you are going to lose, at least lose with the guys listening/trying. Defense requires the least amount of physical talent. it requires a head that thinks, feet that move and a heart that cares. I don't care if the RAPS score 80 points/ game. Show me defensive effort PERIOD
                        call me stupid but this is why I thought Acy should've had more of a chance before being sent down
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          This team right now is so bad defensively AND offensively. They're a mess really. Defensively, just like Matt and Jack said tonight. They overhelped too much. Not just tonight but pretty much EVERY GAME this year. I can't wait to see them play the Knicks or the Warriors. Those two teams would probably hit 20 three's against this team.

Offensively, they're very predictable. It's either pick and rolls(when Jose's on the floor) or just go one on one whenever Lowry's on the floor. There's no ball movement whatsover. Speaking of Lowry, the guy just takes way too many unnecessary shot. His shot selection is BRUTAL. Bargnani on the other hand is the same thing. Whenever he gets the ball he just shoots. No awareness whatsover.

Where's the accountability that Casey was talking about when he got hired? And he's supposed to be a great defensive coach right? looks like last year was nothing more than a mirage. This team right now defensively is just as bad or maybe even worse than the Jay Triano coached team.
                          Both should go. I would love to see SVG become are next coach.

Comment

There are only 3 constants in Toronto the last 7 seasons:

Colangelo
                            Bargnani
                            Calderon

Good bye to all.

Comment

jd4 wrote: View Post
                              Defensively, it looks like they're focused on protecting the paint but they need to focus more on preventing penetration into the paint at the point of attack. Most of the teams they've played this year just drive right by the initial defender, then everyone collapses into the middle, they kick it out for an easy or wide open three as we don't have the athletes to close out quickly. On offence, they just look completely lost. There's no flow to what they're doing as they come up court. It's almost as if it's every person for themselves. At this stage, it just looks like they've lost their spirit. When you keep trying and trying and don't get any results, you eventually give up.
                              Bingo!
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X