No announcement yet.

Biggest problem = Casey and Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They over help on the strong side which leaves the weakside open. They always play the pick and roll with the big hedging, which is good, except our bigs are slow footed. When they hedge on a screen, it's basically 4 on 5, because they woudn't be able to recover.

Another thing, James Johnson was big last year on the defensive side. He covered our weakness with that scheme because he would be the one rotating on the roll. He's big enough to cover the paint and blocks a lot from the help side. No wing player right now provides that. Not to mention, he rebounds well in traffic.

Other teams don't always hedge hard on the screen. They have their bigs show but remain within arms reach of the roll man. How many times did Utah run that play which left us scrambling on defense? I saw at least 3 in a row in the first quarter alone. That's when adjustments come in. Sad to say, Casey hasn't done that.

That's not even mentioning the offense. Look at the stats last night alone. Utah had over 30 assists and we had 10. There's no ball movement. It's just running plays to iso someone whether it's Derozan or Bargnani or Lowry. News flash. They're not that good to play iso ball. New York was criticized last year for running too much isolation. And that's with CARMELO ANTHONY.

You watch the Heat play on the road versus at home. Completely different teams. At home, it's like the ball never stops. On the road, it's stuck with LeBron on Wade playing pick and roll, running half ass plays to iso someone. And the record shows it. They have the star power to afford playing that way, but even then, they are beatable. There's no beating around the bush. Teams who tend to do well in the regular season either have superstars, or, they know how to share the basketball. We got nothing.

San Antonio plays machine like because they've mastered a system that entails moving the ball around, capitalizing on rotations. Watch their guards without the ball. They have positions to fill when Parker gets into a certain area. They capitalize on defenders' reactions and shift around the 3 point line to have continuous spacing. It's beautiful to watch. They managed to almost beat Miami without any of their usual starters.

If you're gonna lose games, at least give us something to be entertained about. I'd honesty rather have us score 120 and lose 130 than play no defense and no offense.

/The end.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Working...
    X