Thread: Welp, that's it

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welp, that's it

Not going to watch anymore until a significant change is made. I can't handle it anymore and there's no way I can support it. Hopefully I can holla @ u all later.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though they are awful at the moment I gotta watch and support them, its my team, Im a Rap fan, through the good and the bad....I hope things get positive soon though..

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ill keep watching.. Im a Loyal Raps Fan but im also a HUGE B-Ball fan soo even if the raps get blown out i still get enjoyment out of watching good Ball being played even if its against us...it was quite a nice sight seeing how the ball moved for that Utah team last night...We NEED that kind of movement
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sat Dec 8th, 2012 at 12:06 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Ill keep watching.. Im a Loyal Raps Fan but im also a HUGE B-Ball fan soo even if the raps get blown out i still get enjoyment out of watching good Ball being played even if its against us...it was quite a nice sight seeing how the ball moved for that Utah team last night...We NEED that kind of movement
    +1

I play basketball every day...I like watching even if it's the other team playing well, just to get some pointers
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So many loosing seasons ain't easy to watch

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll tune in just to see if the Raps are competing. Can't blame ppl for not wanting to watch anymore

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Other than JV and KL there is no hope.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I left Canada at the start of last season, when bargs was playing well, and haven't watched a raps game since. I'm flying into Toronto on 13th and my dad is going to get a couple of tickets to either the Mavs or Rockets game (and maybe the OKC game since I fly out of Toronto on Jan. 6th) I plan on watching every game over the three weeks I'm home. Hopefully my presence in the country will help right the ship!

I haven't seen this much negativity on this website ever. It'll be interesting for me to see what I think of how they play. I cashed in my raptors fan club id card for the last 2-3 seasons of the Carter era... (didn't watch a single game or follow the NBA) Not sure if I'm ready to do it again, but I think it's safe to say it's time for Bargnani to GTFO. Also, if we continue to be THIS bad I can't see the new owners keeping Coangelo.

Despite, the crap the raps have been shitting out lately, I am honestly, SUPER EXCITED to watch them play again. We'll see how many games my enthusiasm lasts.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Not going to watch anymore until a significant change is made. I can't handle it anymore and there's no way I can support it. Hopefully I can holla @ u all later.
    I'm with you man. I'll still read about them online, but won't do anything that will help them make money until the ship is righted, or, at least no longer obviously sinking. And I won't argue when everyone tells me I'm an idiot for being a Raptors fan....

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear you all. I'm a huge basketball fan and Raptors fan. I'm in Toronto for two weeks, and would really love to see a game, but I'm not paying money to watch them play right now. I fundamentally believe, if you pay to watch then you are just encouraging what the club is doing. I watched every game last year, minus maybe 2 or 3, and I find this season more unbearable. The onlhy reason I watch is to see JV and Ross. I'm pleasantly surprised with DeMar, and Lowry is a good addition. I like the hustle that Ed and Amir bring, and I respect Calderon. The rest of the team, including those three can be shipped out and I would even flinch,

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

meh... ive stuck through worse shows than this... even way further past the expiration..

i've been to jilly's for two hours straight...

i'll survive

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still watch, and I have tickets (stupid me purchased tickets for that 4 game pack in the early season) to the Mavs and Lakers game... at least those are two good teams, and I won't pass up the chance to boo VC or watch the Lakers.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Rookie Ed Davis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been multiple games this season where I have been absolutely disgusted while watching, but then when it was over I was bummed and excited for the next game. Pumped for tomorrow even though I'm fully expecting a big loss.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its all a matter of effort and accountability. With that being said Bargnani needs to be gone, i really don't care what its for. Ed Davis has been busting his tail on both ends and he rarely gets time. One Of BC or Bargnani have to go
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Its all a matter of effort and accountability. With that being said Bargnani needs to be gone, i really don't care what its for. Ed Davis has been busting his tail on both ends and he rarely gets time. One Of BC or Bargnani have to go
    Only one?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote AJ360 wrote: View Post
    Only one?
    Both would be even better
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way man. Minutes into the third of that Utah game last night I just turned off the TV and said "fuggit"! It's just painful to watch. I'm a pretty loyal fan, I still support them and follow them and read them....and, let's face, I'm gonna watch bits of games. But I'm just wanna not watch another game till the new year...but I know I will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I haven't seen this much negativity on this website ever.
    I hope the management has noticed. Expectations were increased this season, and with the encouragement of management. It's still a business. The suits need to be on full alarm. Basketball doesn't need to be relevant in Toronto sports. They might need to, um, invest in the future to hold on to their original investment.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, message boards are more fun when your team is shittin' the bed. Could you imagine if we were actually good? We'd have nothing to piss and moan about.

See ya on the flipside though ceez.

Thread Information