Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Bryan Colangelo is fired, who would you like to see as his replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Bryan Colangelo is fired, who would you like to see as his replacement?

I really have no idea who is looking for a job right now, and who would be considered a good candidate so I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Ed stanfanski, SVG or Nate Macmillan

Comment

Ed Stefanski would prob get the job. id be OK with that..

who id want is Phil Jackson

Comment

Stafanski would ship out bargs asap

Comment

Not Stefanski
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

This is a tough question.

There are a lot of really good executives out there within really well run teams.

Orlando's GM was ridiculed this summer but is looking pretty smart now - and he is only 30 years old.

Lindsey left SA for Utah.

Honestly, I would look for another disciple of San Antonio as cliched as that sounds. The Spurs disciples - Presti, Cho, Hennigan, Ferry - are off to great starts w/ Cho having turned around 2 franchises in 2 years (Lillard in Portland is his handiwork due to Wallace trade; 2 first round picks accumulated in Charlotte along with drafting MKG and Taylor). Presti, you might have heard, runs OKC. Henningan as mentioned. Ferry botched Cleveland but after a year back in SA appears to have retaken a few courses and has ATL looking promising moving forward.

Anyways, short answer: I don't know.

Comment

http://firebc.comspread the word firebc.com

Comment

Pat Gillick.

Comment

Aw man..

Probably Stefanski (shudders), atleast interim. I wish Embry would consider taking the job full time but he's apparently too smart for that.... In my dreams though, we trade BC and two 1st rounders for Sam Presti... If only.

Comment

prichard please

Comment

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...As_Embarassing

Comment

How about Kevin O'Conner former GM of the Utah Jazz?
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I think its going to be Stefanski unfortunately.

What about Gar Forman? He was the former GM of the Chicago Bulls and was fired just this year. Guy got an EOY in 2010-2011, and was able to turn the Bulls into the best team in the regular season (yes he had help with Derrick Rose, but still).

I'd personally want a Buford protege, but I'm not sure who's left that would be available. I think Lindsey (who we interviewed) went to Utah which sucks.

Comment

Can someone tell me the low info on Stefanski? Wasn't he the one that drafted Iguodala or something in Philly? I thought the Philly team assembled in those couple of years was pretty good. I might be mistaken though.

Anyways, I really don't know. I'm thinking they should start flowing with a newer, more younger GM with a more new-school fashion thinking to the table. Younger GM's may have a better look of the game today, and also have a bit of a shorter leash than B.C has, although hoping it's not to short to the point the team gets lost. Just my opinion, these younger GM's could be establishing good relationships with players (for the fact they are barely older), and may have a bit of an impatience (could be good or bad) for no results.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                              How about Kevin O'Conner former GM of the Utah Jazz?
                              He gave up GM title to Lindsey but remains president of basketball ops.

Comment

Working...
                              X