Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Bryan Colangelo is fired, who would you like to see as his replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short answer - I don't know.

That's the main reason I'm not following peoples twitter accounts and websites calling for BC's head because I can't think of at least 2 suitable replacements for his position.

What I do think will happen is MSLE will ride out Colangelo contract until the end of the season and let him walk in June (as per Tom Chisholm article). Then they will had over the reins to Ed Stefanski.

As mentioned in earlier posts, any "descendant" from the Spurs Organization will do. They seem to understand what the term competitive means.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      prichard please
      He is Indiana's GM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        He is Indiana's GM.
        Unfortunate that he (and Lindsey) were a real possibility for this team a few years ago. Instead Colangelo picks Ed who really seems to have been nothing more than a yes man. In fairness I couldn't say the others wouldn't be for sure either though. But it really seemed like Ed was the bottom of the barrel pick for Colangelo (hires his staff like he does his players - for need. And he needed someone who wouldn't threaten his job)

I believe Bower is still out there though.

Too bad Grunwald has taken over as full time GM of New York. That guy is a problem solver and shown his worth (yet again) with the Knicks.

Comment

Charles Barkley

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
            Charles Barkley
            Man'ats Turrible.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              Man'ats Turrible.
              As strange as it may sound, I don't think Barkley would be all that turrible as a GM. He'd be a no bullsh*t guy and would've traded Bargs much sooner than Bryan.
              Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Sun Dec 9, 2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                I think its going to be Stefanski unfortunately.

What about Gar Forman? He was the former GM of the Chicago Bulls and was fired just this year. Guy got an EOY in 2010-2011, and was able to turn the Bulls into the best team in the regular season (yes he had help with Derrick Rose, but still).

I'd personally want a Buford protege, but I'm not sure who's left that would be available. I think Lindsey (who we interviewed) went to Utah which sucks.
                Stefanski built current Sixers roster which is much better than ours.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                  As strange as it may sound, I don't think Barkley would be all that turrible as a GM. He'd be a no bullsh*t guy and would've traded Bargs much sooner than Bryan.
                  Agreed.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                    I heard him say recently: ''How do you call a Power forward who gets 6 rebounds? A small forward.'' So yeah Bargnani would have been gone the first day of the reign of GM Chuck

Comment

that step back three from andrea was nasty

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        Stefanski built current Sixers roster which is much better than ours.
                        They may be better but are 1st round exit fodder. Probably the worst place you can be in the nba is a team that almost makes the dance or goes out in the first round.

As for Ed, he overpaid Brand and Iggy (and tried to get out from under it not so quietly nor successfully for years). In NJ he went nowhere with Vince/Kidd/RJ after drafting KMart #1. Evan Turner has disappointed so far and Doug Collins is due to wear out his welcome pretty soon but has done a great job so far. Thing is he wasn't ES' hire. Eddie Jordan was. Doug Collins threw his hat in but never got a call. To make Jordans job all the better he refused to pay Andre Miller and they had Lou Williams at pg until they drafted Holiday who is just coming into his own the past season and a half.

If he does become GM then he better pay us back for lubelessly raping us on the Vince trade.
                        Last edited by minks77; Sun Dec 9, 2012, 07:32 PM.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I'd like to see a Dangle Berry from my ass hair as GM.. at least it wouldn't make as many stupid moves as BC.. My Dangle Berry would also work for a much more reasonable contract and would be more accountable then our current GM.

Comment

Charles Oakley, only half kidding.... have a feeling he could attract some top talent here, otoh not sure if he actually has a head for the job.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                              Evan Turner has disappointed so far
                              Not true this year. Maybe true last year, but Turner has been very good this year.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X