Thread: Why take the Raptors seriously? i don't think the Raptors take us(the fans) seriously

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why take the Raptors seriously? i don't think the Raptors take us(the fans) seriously

That's all i have to say.

Put a competitive team on the court year in year out and i might start watching again. Not sure when that will happen. This season is over. They're not getting Wiggins in 2014. So how would they do it?

This team right now LACKS talent. They're poorly assembled. They're poorly coached, the GM talks a lot of bullshit. And the whole team plays like they don't care.

So why take them seriously?
    Last edited by TRex; Sat Dec 8th, 2012 at 11:50 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry is a decent PG but not what we need. He wants to win now; we need a PG that wants to learn and grow.

Bargs is a good talent but not what we need. He has worn out his welcome and hasn't endeared himself to the fan base over the years.

DeMar must have a really good agent. No way he earns that contract. Too soft and too feeble. A guy from Compton should be more fierce going to the rim.

B.C was suppose to be a talented and coveted GM that would make the Raptors into a constant playoff team. I think we are worse off than when he arrived.

As a multi sport fan who always cheers for my home team, I can't wait till spring training. At least A.A knows how to put together a team.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would watch if bargnani wasn't starting, no joke.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I would watch if bargnani wasn't starting, no joke.
    If Bargnani wasn't playing I'd be more concerned. It would mean the team was considering keeping him long term. He will be traded this season.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care anymore, it is too taxing to get excited about the prospect of him leaving, and to a greater extent depressing to even consider the notion of him staying for the long haul.

forget all that for a second, I will watch if I hear he isn't playing.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I can stand watching a young team lose. I can stand watching a veteran team lose. I can't stand watching a NBA team get blown out by 32 points at the hands of a .500 club. I can't stand watching grown men sulk. WTF Raptors. All the years of support I gave you, and this is how you show your appreciation. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry is better then decent. the problem is lack of talent on the team. Lowry shouldn't be the best player on the team. especially if were trying to be a playoff team. i agree with your Demar comment. Compton guys are suppose to be harder then this.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani needs to go. Personally i really doubt he's even italian. I've never seen an italian so quiet and calm. He's never had a technical called. No emotion, no passion, no desire, no eye of the tiger when you look at him, doesn't speak with his hands, or speak period. Not a leader. I wouldn't even put him as the best italian player in the league. This guy is definitely from country and not from the city. No swag, no personality. When you watch real italian athlete's. I see the big difference. What a joke. Send him back home packing.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote otiswolf wrote: View Post
    Bargnani needs to go. Personally i really doubt he's even italian. I've never seen an italian so quiet and calm. He's never had a technical called. No emotion, no passion, no desire, no eye of the tiger when you look at him, doesn't speak with his hands, or speak period. Not a leader. I wouldn't even put him as the best italian player in the league. This guy is definitely from country and not from the city. No swag, no personality. When you watch real italian athlete's. I see the big difference. What a joke. Send him back home packing.
    Fans should bring trade AB signs to home games ...maybe he'll wake up.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for the stereotype thread. Have I found it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Profile wrote: View Post
    If Bargnani wasn't playing I'd be more concerned. It would mean the team was considering keeping him long term. He will be traded this season.
    Hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

Put a competitive team on the court year in year out and i might start watching again. Not sure when that will happen. This season is over. They're not getting Wiggins in 2014. So how would they do it?

This team right now LACKS talent. They're poorly assembled. They're poorly coached, the GM talks a lot of bullshit. And the whole team plays like they don't care.

Good point.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't take it seriously.... just look at it as entertainment, even a train wreck turns heads.

I could admire the Clippers today, that ass kicking in the fourth is going to leave some serious bruises.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

Did not watch one game last year. Haven't this year. Don't plan on it next year.

Probably not the year after that.

Maybe, the year after.

How far ahead am i?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I'm looking for the stereotype thread. Have I found it?
    No,but, your post is pretty bland and generic.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    No,but, your post is pretty bland and generic.
    Haha; ok, maybe bland, but I think it's pretty specific.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

While I am not happy at all with the direction the Raptors took starting last Summer, I am not a season ticket holder and thus acknowledge my watching or not watching the Raptors may have no financial consequences to the Raptors bottom line.

Just curious, when is the next television contract negotiated?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote otiswolf wrote: View Post
    I know this is rich coming from me, but that's a bit stereotypical innit?

Thread Information