Coaching is the problem, period!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching is the problem, period!

so LK playing well. zone defence got us back in the game and what does casey do? take LK out the game, go away from zone and get trashed in the fourth. My marriage with the raps is not working out.

*one of the many problems

Comment

It doesn't even make sense that Kleiza wasn't in the game during the 4th quarter... why play Ross when he was obviously struggling. Kleiza comes in with 1 minute left and then drills a three... almost like a statement.

Comment

its beyond ridiculous. Watching these games are just dumb. It just doesnt make any sense. Am i missing something???? We play 3 quarters and thats it.

Comment

I don't know what to say. If people think that us beating a healthy Clipper team with our squad is simply a matter of coaching, then they are being ignorant of the fact that his coaching kept up with the clippers for over 3 quarters.

I just think we have a lot of sub par starters that are not top tier talent. The 4th is when guys like Blake and Paul shine, and guys like Derozan fade. We are a poorly constructed team (for competition, we are instead constructed for development, we need to pick one or the other, we don't have the squad/luxury to do both).
          Last edited by BasketballCrush; Sun Dec 9, 2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

This team is bad. Thats the problem, period!

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
              so LK playing well. zone defence got us back in the game and what does casey do? take LK out the game, go away from zone and get trashed in the fourth. My marriage with the raps is not working out.
              LK is finished.. he is clearly all kneed up.. he sucks. The problems run way deeper then going away from zone..
              I see zone as a strategy used by teams who suck and have no talent.

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                I don't know what to say. If people think that us beating a healthy Clipper team with our squad is simply a matter of coaching, then they are being ignorant of the fact that his coaching kept up with the clippers for over 3 quarters.

I just think we have a lot of sub par starters that are not top tier talent. The 4th is when guys like Blake and Paul shine, and guys like Derozan fade. We are a poorly constructed team (for competition, we are instead constructed for development, we need to pick one or the other, we don't have the squad/luxury to do both).
                Griffin and Paul weren't in the game, DeRozan was the only starter in untill the game was as good as over (11 or 13 points behind). This year Crawford is their 4th quarter mvp.

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
                  It doesn't even make sense that Kleiza wasn't in the game during the 4th quarter... why play Ross when he was obviously struggling. Kleiza comes in with 1 minute left and then drills a three... almost like a statement.
                  Not almost, I think it was a statement. We barely had a fieldgoald in the 4th and Kleiza was kept on the bench in favor of Lucas and Ross.

Comment

I'm not interested in playing Kleiza at all. Not even for half a minute.

Comment

Well, losing by 19 instead of 31 is a step in the right direction. My beloved Raptors are making progress. Soon we'll only be losing by 10 and then by 1 and who knows maybe we'll squeak of a victory some time soon. Go Raptors Go.

Comment

also, no one is drooling over val or ross today

the anger is focused, elsewhere

Comment

I just hate the clippers. Dancing like a bunch of idiots whenever they get a chance. It's like they try to one up each other's reaction to get camera time. Pathetic. And yes coaching in the 4th was an issue. So was not making any open looks.

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
                            LK is finished.. he is clearly all kneed up.. he sucks. The problems run way deeper then going away from zone..
                            I see zone as a strategy used by teams who suck and have no talent.
                            Excellent point. You generally only use a zone when you simply don't have athletes who can stay with their man in a man on man defence. That's the Raptors. Unless there is a talent upgrade, no coach is going to be able to fix this.

Comment

His coaching was good enough in the 3OT against pops, it was good for 3 quarters against the clippers, but suddenly its casey alone that losses it. (with a team whose starters are questionable if they were competing for jobs on the clippers)

I see threads on how dumb casey is for benching val and tross, and today how dumb he is for not playing kleiza... I don't think he can win. With this squad you are bound to fail in a given quarter. Frankly, I am surprised we have been as close as we have with so many quality opponents. (maybe that is a credit to his coaching considering our team has no sparkly assets)
                              Last edited by BasketballCrush; Sun Dec 9, 2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X