Coaching is the problem, period!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colangelo Joins Broadcast - Dec. 9,...

I am not sure it is the coaching at all. I think that BC loves the run and gun offense, and told Casey that he needs more offense and that should be done at the expense of the defense that was taking hold. Take a look at the video of him on Raptors.com with Devlin and Armstrong.

Derozen misses a steal leading to an easy open shot, then at the other end Lowry dribbles himself into a jam and throws the ball away for a Clippers slam. Sound a bit like the season. And then blame the troubles on the fact you have a 20 year old centre? Whose fault is it that he is not coming off the bench. Maybe if he would have not kept trying to get new point guards, and actually tried to get a centre, we would be better off.

Comment

I think we should hire some offensive coordinator, because while Casey's a good coach, the coach I think should coach this team, but it's obvious that he doesn't exactly know how to run an offence. I suggest we hire an offensive coordinator or something, seriously. I also suggest we fire BC, because it seems he still likes the run 'n' gun offence he used in Phoenix, that's not happenin' with this team.

Comment

The coaching is bad but I would more commas in the statement, not a period. And I would add another sentence to follow.

The coaching, management, talent, and composition of the team is bad. The team has no identity. Period.

Comment

In his defense (lol, the irony of the word defense when referring to him), no coach can really win with this team.

I find this team lacks serious leadership and character though, and this has been a major problem in this organization for a decade now. We need players who know how to win and have experience winning and BC fails in that category and has serious issues cutting the cord on Bargnani who is clearly not a good fit here.

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
            I don't know what to say. If people think that us beating a healthy Clipper team with our squad is simply a matter of coaching, then they are being ignorant of the fact that his coaching kept up with the clippers for over 3 quarters.

I just think we have a lot of sub par starters that are not top tier talent. The 4th is when guys like Blake and Paul shine, and guys like Derozan fade. We are a poorly constructed team (for competition, we are instead constructed for development, we need to pick one or the other, we don't have the squad/luxury to do both).
            What an ignorant statement. At least have 'some' facts before you post anything. It was the bench that was beating us in the fourth, not the clipper starters. And Casey didnt even put back in the starters until we were down 19.

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
              It was the bench that was beating us in the fourth, not the clipper starters.
              Exactly. The clippers bench is basically as good as our starting five. They're a deep team, and a good team. We have no business beating them on the road, no matter who's coaching.

DaveKim wrote: View Post
              And Casey didnt even put back in the starters until we were down 19.
              Pretty sure that DD and AB, and maybe Lowry, were put back in when they were ten down.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I don't even know why I opened this thread.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

It could be more or maybe not but there is no doubt that coaching is a problem. His concentration on offence has exposed his(Casey) coaching defects and there will be no harm in making a coaching change. If problems persist, then other changes could be made. IMO if a coaching change is made, problems will continue but to a much lesser degree.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Stan Van Gundy is unemployed,
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      The coaching is bad but I would more commas in the statement, not a period. And I would add another sentence to follow.

The coaching, management, talent, and composition of the team is bad. The team has no identity. Period.
                      i agree with you Matt.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        I don't even know why I opened this thread.
                        wow lol, i thought i opened this thread. my bad. lol

Comment

It's hard to know how independent of BC a Toronto coach is. Observing both Triano and Casey leads one to believe that BC does manage the lineups from behind the scenes to some degree, but how can we know? Why should BC even have this power, assuming he does? It would seem the team owners are stupid for allowing a businessman to be given coaching authority over an experienced coaches that have played the game themselves. It should be the opposite with coaches having sway over BC's moves. No wonder players don't want to come to this organization.

If Casey does indeed have free reign then a lot of his coaching moves are fairly questioned: Why did he stick with Rasual Butler for so long? Why does he sub cold guys in the 4th over hot guys? Why does Bargnani get praise ("our guy" etc.) despite being one of the most ineffective starters in the league this year?

The owners need to figure out if BC is the problem or if DC and JT before him are the problem. I think it must be one of these, maybe both.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                            so LK playing well. zone defence got us back in the game and what does casey do? take LK out the game, go away from zone and get trashed in the fourth. My marriage with the raps is not working out.

Ed Davis wrote: View Post
                            *one of the many problems
                            Yeah. I'd point out that the one thing I'v always respected about Casey has been that he's able to get a consistent effort out of his team. I'm almost willing to look past the mysterious subs and in-game decisions, as long as the team gives the effort and competes. But that's not happening any more which leaves me scratching my head as to what Casey is bringing.

I'm not advocating getting rid of him, he needs a real chance and time. I do think he needs complete autonomy and freedom as to how he runs this team. BC dictating playing time for Ross, Bargnani, Valanciunas etc. is not the way to go and will only hamper Casey, and ultimately the team. Basically, BC needs to stop making the mistakes he made with Mitchell and Triano and back-off.

Comment

The question which keeps coming to my mind is why would any team start a rookie Centre next to a PF whom is known as a poor defender and rebounder?

The only reason which makes sense to me is that that team would like to get that Centre up to speed and NBA ready as soon as possible, and sacrificing the season in order to do that is not a problem. This isn't meant as a knock on JV, dude busts his ass every game, but it doesn't change the fact that he is a rookie Centre (that makes mistakes like all rookies do) and to win JV would have to compensate for his own game as well as the PF he's trying to pick up the slack for. I'm actually fine with this.

But, the only thing I don't understand is if you were going to sacrifice the season to get your Centre up to speed then why not do a better job of securing your draft pick? That is what really is ticking me off right now. You have an opportunity to get a high pick and that pick is likely going to another team.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                                Yeah. I'd point out that the one thing I'v always respected about Casey has been that he's able to get a consistent effort out of his team. I'm almost willing to look past the mysterious subs and in-game decisions, as long as the team gives the effort and competes. But that's not happening any more which leaves me scratching my head as to what Casey is bringing.

I'm not advocating getting rid of him, he needs a real chance and time. I do think he needs complete autonomy and freedom as to how he runs this team. BC dictating playing time for Ross, Bargnani, Valanciunas etc. is not the way to go and will only hamper Casey, and ultimately the team. Basically, BC needs to stop making the mistakes he made with Mitchell and Triano and back-off.
                                Is there any evidence that BC is dictating playing time, or is this mob feeding opinion?

Comment

Working...
                                X