Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollinger: Raptors' issues start with Bargnani (ESPN Insider)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jamiemaca wrote: View Post
    Not being the man you were last year doesn't make you scum, otherwise we'd all fall into that bracket. Sex criminals, fraudsters, they might be rightfully labelled 'scum'. Under-performing athletes, no. He's nowhere near the worst player on the team, he just falls massively short of everyone's expectations. He is what he is, a poor defender and decent scorer who's having a bad season, and for him to get thrown under the bus by the fans night after night and called 'scum' is frankly wrong. Again, as many people here have said, if Bargnani is your number one option then your team is doomed. To blame him for that is to overlook the fundamental causes.
    you obviously took it too literally, that's your problem. While he obviously isn't in the same category as a rapist, it is dissapointing to say the least, that someone who is supposed to be in the prime of his career regressed so badly.

Imo, it is sad that you can cheer for someone (as you stated in your first post) who looks like he lacks the motivation when the cards were stacked in his favor to be good. (basically a loser's mentality)
    Last edited by akashsingh; Mon Dec 10, 2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

This article feels good, because our local raptor media would never do this sort of indepth analysis.

they would be too worried that they would piss off the raptors, holinger does not give a fuck, if it quacks like a duck its a duck
      Last edited by BasketballCrush; Mon Dec 10, 2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
        Imo, it is sad that you can cheer for someone (as you stated in your first post) who looks like he lacks the motivation when the cards were stacked in his favor to be good.
        Then you think its sad that I will be rooting for him as well? If he's wearing a Raptors Jersey, then I'm cheering for him. Period.

And while I may desire more from him, he's still a Raptor, and I support and root for my team, good times and bad.
        Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 10, 2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Then you think its sad that I will be rooting for him as well? If he's wearing a Raptors Jersey, then I'm cheering for him. Period.

And while I may desire more from him, he's still a Raptor, and I support and root for my team, good times and bad.
          I support players that I trust on this team, and it really doesn't take that much for me. Derozan, davis, val, lowry, ross, are all players I will support.

Sorry Im not a mindless zombie, supporting players I couldn't give a toss about just because they wear a raptors jersey.

Comment

jamiemaca wrote: View Post
            Andrea Bargnani is not 'scum'. He's a decent player on a poor team, who as many people have mentioned is being treated as a cornerstone when he'll never reach that level. To blame him for that is hugely misguided, and to call him 'scum' is offensive. I know Toronto fans are famously fickle, but Jesus wept, the players are hardly to blame for woeful mismanagement. He may be a symbol of everything that's gone wrong with the Colangelo era, but I'll still cheer Bargnani on in every game he plays.
            1+

Comment

Although I agree that perhaps Bargs needs a change of scenery, he is not the only problem with how our team is performing.

Lowry is not, so far at least, proving to be the "saviour" everyone thought he was (Jose should be starting...at least for now IMHO), Fields has not contributed (no real surprise there) and Jonas is going to need time (although he looks to be a special player).

On the other hand, I have been impressed with DD's work and attitude this year and Ed Davis has been terrific (he definitely deserves more burn, maybe not starting...but more PT).

Alan Anderson has been solid as has Amir. The rest of the team, especially AB, have been disappointing.

So long story short, should Bargs go? Probably, but there are more players than him needing a reality check.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                you obviously took it too literally, that's your problem. While he obviously isn't in the same category as a rapist, it is dissapointing to say the least, that someone who is supposed to be in the prime of his career regressed so badly.

Imo, it is sad that you can cheer for someone (as you stated in your first post) who looks like he lacks the motivation when the cards were stacked in his favor to be good. (basically a loser's mentality)
                Its sad that you post anything. Ever. He is cheering for the fucking team you dumbfounded dipshit. A loser could more closely be defined as someone who is a fairweather fan who piles on to someone and a team and one player. "thats your problem.". Fucking troll. Maybe you could start looking at the macro and not the micro.

Comment

Thornbury wrote: View Post
                  Its sad that you post anything. Ever. He is cheering for the fucking team you dumbfounded dipshit. A loser could more closely be defined as someone who is a fairweather fan who piles on to someone and a team and one player. "thats your problem.". Fucking troll. Maybe you could start looking at the macro and not the micro.
                  While I don't condone name-calling of any kind, or the vulgar language ... this is awesome.

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
                    Damn! I dont get this teams' love affair with Bargnani!? The man is struggling big time! If BC doesnt wanna trade him, make Casey bench the guy for f@cks sake! 7 years of "hoping" is too damn long. Make him the 6th - 7th man, if he's hot, ride him if not, go back to the bench. Theres other players that DESERVE the playing time like Ed. The whole organization knows what the problem, why are they too damn proud to admit it.
                    Because they believe he is their golden boy. He should be benched.....that's on DC.

Comment

Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
                      Although I agree that perhaps Bargs needs a change of scenery, he is not the only problem with how our team is performing.

Lowry is not, so far at least, proving to be the "saviour" everyone thought he was (Jose should be starting...at least for now IMHO), Fields has not contributed (no real surprise there) and Jonas is going to need time (although he looks to be a special player).

On the other hand, I have been impressed with DD's work and attitude this year and Ed Davis has been terrific (he definitely deserves more burn, maybe not starting...but more PT).

Alan Anderson has been solid as has Amir. The rest of the team, especially AB, have been disappointing.

So long story short, should Bargs go? Probably, but there are more players than him needing a reality check.
                      Jose should not be starting. He cannot defend period. He needs to go. It will not surprise me if he is not in the nba next year.

Comment

akasingh - By the way, its called RAPTORS Republic, not "who-i-think-is-performing-well-from-the-last-game- i-watched-republic.". Be a man you 12 year old. And stop wearing your Kobe #8 jersey. Drink scotch for god sakes.
                        Last edited by Thornbury; Mon Dec 10, 2012, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Thornbury wrote: View Post
                          lol someone had a bitch-fit. Did it make you cry when I called bargnani trash? get help seriously.

Comment

and fyi I haven't watched the last 2 games. just read the quick reaction.

Comment

See my last post numb nuts. Also, quit posting on any basketball site if you think Bargs is our worst player. He's probably like our third to worst player, maybe forth. Everyone in the world but akashsingh disregard everything in parenteses (Sarcasm fuckhead)

Comment

It's pretty clear BC is looking for a trade partner for Bargs. He's not going to say ANYTHING bad about Bargs when he's trying to sell him to another GM at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X