Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LOL even Matt and Jack are confused w/ what the Raps are doing offensively

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BallaBalla wrote: View Post
    Unless we make a HUGE change ASAP to shake things up, this season we'll not only miss the playoffs but regress from last season which would be the worst part
    What are you talking about? Dude, this team isn't making the playoffs. They'll be lucky to win 25 games. Regress from last year? That's already happened in a big way. There isn't any change coming that can fix this mess.

This team is going to be bad for 3 more years. At least.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mike, prague wrote: View Post
    Hmm ... You can't really take the age just as a whole you kind of have to express age*importance(playing time) because it kinda makes a difference old not important vets (Gray) shouldn't have such a large weight as lets DD or JV has.
    Yes you are right, but the other three starters (Bargnani/Lowry/Pietrus or Kleiza) are for the most part veterans. That doesn't include Amir or Jose who come off the bench and play significant minutes.

And besides a lot of teams in the league have younger players (even if you consider weighted average). Look at Denver's roster for example. They are a deep playoff threat, have no super stars, yet are as young (maybe even younger) than Toronto.

I just don't like the age excuse. Both Casey and Colangelo bring it up a lot. Outside of DeMar there aren't that many minutes going to the young guys (unless if you count JV but even he's getting only like 24 mpg).

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    armstrong was on prime time last week and said,"I had concerns about the offense the first day of training camp"
    Another funny thing he said last night was something to the effect of "only 5 NBA teams with the same record as the raptors have right now have ever made the playoffs." Way to keep hope alive Jack. Not that I think we'll make the playoffs, but for an announcer to come out and say that a quarter off the way into the season is hilarious.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Way to defend your own player.
    There's no defence for taking out your mouthpiece, throwing it at the ref and hitting him in the head with it. He's going to get two games minimum for that.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"With the first pick in the 2013 Draft , the Toronto Raptors select, Shabazz Muhammad out of UCLA...."

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    "With the first pick in the 2013 Draft , the Toronto Raptors select, Shabazz Muhammad out of UCLA...."
    That does not appear to be much consolation. He is hardly setting the NCAA ablaze despite his hype.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

honestly the only untouchable person is casey get off his case the offense is solid the players are shit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That does not appear to be much consolation. He is hardly setting the NCAA ablaze despite his hype.
    Very true, but from what I've seen in his HS play he has that killer instinct that nobody on the Raptors current squad has except for Lowry but it seems hes losing it.
    Plus top three players in the draft are Zeller, Noel and Shabazz. I'd like to think the Raptors would take the best player available and the pick a SF that has potential to be a pure scorer in the NBA over a big.

But then again its still very early , draft boards could change drastically.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Very true, but from what I've seen in his HS play he has that killer instinct that nobody on the Raptors current squad has except for Lowry but it seems hes losing it.
    Plus top three players in the draft are Zeller, Noel and Shabazz. I'd like to think the Raptors would take the best player available and the pick a SF that has potential to be a pure scorer in the NBA over a big.

But then again its still very early , draft boards could change drastically.
    He is a SG though, isn't he?

It would be hilariously painful to watch the Raps get the top pick in a weak draft and pick a player who they already have 2 guys playing that position.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    You mean playing Bargnani? a lot lol Casey is underrated and the biggest flaw is he doesnt have a player on the roster that is an extension of himself on the floor, and lets face it no defensive mastermind could hide the holes Bargs and Calderon make on D other teams can sit them and play better guys he cant.

I stand by Casey hes a great coach he just needs better pieces to work with.
    According to BC we have plenty of talent we just lack the focus and attention to detail. One of the two is wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He is a SG though, isn't he?
    Swingman, but hes got long arms, 6'6 Iggy type body minus the muscle mass. I'd say hes got enough moves in terms of penetrating the paint to play SF.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    What are you talking about? Dude, this team isn't making the playoffs. They'll be lucky to win 25 games. Regress from last year? That's already happened in a big way. There isn't any change coming that can fix this mess.

This team is going to be bad for 3 more years. At least.
    I never said that they were going to make the playoffs, I was saying that's a given.

And I don't agree that there isn't anything that we can do to improve this year from last year. Believe me, there is beef in the locker room

I believe a lot in historical statistics for each player. It does not make any sense that this team would perform individually so far below where they have historically. You think Jose became one of the worst players on our team offensively because he woke up one day and just sucked? (offesnively, defensively he's always sucked)

Something's going on and when we remove it we will be better you'll see

Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    honestly the only untouchable person is casey get off his case the offense is solid the players are shit.
    The offense is the most god-awful atrocity I've ever seen, and yeah, the players are bad, but the system is equally bad if not worse.

Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
    WTF is there to defend? He threw his damn mouthpiece at the referee...and for a guy thats typically passive, id say temporary insanity is about the only explanation.
    +1,000,000. It's not like he said anything that anyone couldn't see with their own eyes. He did lose his mind. What do you expect him to say?
    Deadallus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information