LOL even Matt and Jack are confused w/ what the Raps are doing offensively

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL even Matt and Jack are confused w/ what the Raps are doing offensively

And i completely agree with what they said. Why is DeRozan not geting any touches or set plays, specially in that 3rd quarter. He's the Raps best player this year, he's their most consistent player, he's their best player tonight...i just don't get it.

This team is a MESS offensively and defensively.

By the way, Casey's comment about Amir being ejected: "I don't know what happened with Amir. He kind of lost his mind there for a bit."

Way to defend your own player.
    Mamba Mentality

Casey is a punk ass, who fell into a job that is way over his head. He is scrambling to save his own ass at his teams expense, hence why no one is playing with drive.. I have a feeling there is a serious distrust of the coach here and it is showing. Casey has no class and needs to be curb stomped outta here.

Comment

Getting rid of Casey would be a tremendously awful idea...

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        I wholeheartedly disagree. Think of all the times you said wtf this season in regards to a decision made entirely by the coach himself. It happens every single game we play.

Comment

You mean playing Bargnani? a lot lol Casey is underrated and the biggest flaw is he doesnt have a player on the roster that is an extension of himself on the floor, and lets face it no defensive mastermind could hide the holes Bargs and Calderon make on D other teams can sit them and play better guys he cant.

I stand by Casey hes a great coach he just needs better pieces to work with.

Comment

I stand by Casey hes a great coach he just needs better pieces to work with.
            Agreed. This is BCs meddling. Why would they look to be so run n gun when that isnt DCs style? They haven't slipped defensively, they've fallen off a friggin cliff. Time for BC to get the fuck gone. Let DC run HIS system because this ain't it.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
              Agreed. This is BCs meddling. Why would they look to be so run n gun when that isnt DCs style? They haven't slipped defensively, they've fallen off a friggin cliff. Time for BC to get the fuck gone. Let DC run HIS system because this ain't it.
              Yup.

And after BC is gone if the Raps are still not performing on defense, good bye Dwane. But for now it is absolutely time to let Casey run the team.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

WTF is there to defend? He threw his damn mouthpiece at the referee...and for a guy thats typically passive, id say temporary insanity is about the only explanation.

Comment

True as long as DC steps up and really starts coaching like last year we all know he is a good coach when he coaches (Last year is proof of that) but this year it is hard to say that he's been coaching at a resonible level. Anybody could question he sub-patterns or the lack of them. Him not flowing with the flow of his players, for example sitting ED while he has been playing brilliantly. His BIGGEST problem though is how he calls T's. If he starts calling timeouts like a winning coach I think I could lead to this team plating at a more decent level. Nobody can appreciate it when a coach who has the lead by lets say 7-10 points and finally calls a T when his team is down -10. If I were in his position I'd call it no later than when you are down by max. 4 points. That being said DC needs to get back to his coaching style of last year or go. I am/was/am a fan of his but if he doesn't decide to coach a so far losing team like a winning team you won't see T.O. win many games in the next ... God knows how long.

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
                    I wholeheartedly disagree. Think of all the times you said wtf this season in regards to a decision made entirely by the coach himself. It happens every single game we play.
                    This is a really narrow-minded way of thinking. Not that I agree with everything Casey has done rotation-wise, but all a coach can do is put his players in the right position to be close. It is 80% effort and execution. His decisions just look bad short term because of the funk we are in overall.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                      This is a really narrow-minded way of thinking. Not that I agree with everything Casey has done rotation-wise, but all a coach can do is put his players in the right position to be close. It is 80% effort and execution. His decisions just look bad short term because of the funk we are in overall.
                      Really though, whether Casey stays or goes won't make any difference if there aren't other drastic changes that follow (i.e. roster and management).

Comment

also, i thought it was hilarious to hear jack and matt call the game last night..i have never heard announcers more frustrated in my life. Jack (who I think is going senile) was even talking about what Portland should do to exploit the Raptors and put it away (i.e. "why did stotts take out Alridge??!?!? he has these guys on the ropes in the 3rd?!")

I like to look at this a little bit deeper and say that this is a lot like a married couple and devlin-jack are one part of the couple. Usually in each couple there is one person who cannot hide their emotions as well as the other when they are frustrated or upset, and you can get an idea of what the couple is really feeling. Jack and Matt are on the plane with the team...so I think that they have a good idea of what they feel like right now and were projecting it last night.

At the beginning of the year, i thought it was ok that we were losing close games because it would even out eventually with a couple of bounces here or there. But this has gone way too far and this losing streak has infected every aspect of our team like a disease.

Unless we make a HUGE change ASAP to shake things up, this season we'll not only miss the playoffs but regress from last season which would be the worst part

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Really though, whether Casey stays or goes won't make any difference if there aren't other drastic changes that follow (i.e. roster and management).
                          agree 100%...i would honestly rather be Washington right now...at least they have John Wall returning to look forward to

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            And i completely agree with what they said. Why is DeRozan not geting any touches or set plays, specially in that 3rd quarter. He's the Raps best player this year, he's their most consistent player, he's their best player tonight...i just don't get it.

This team is a MESS offensively and defensively.

By the way, Casey's comment about Amir being ejected: "I don't know what happened with Amir. He kind of lost his mind there for a bit."

LOL. What did you expect Casey to do? He doesn't even have a technical foul (I think) this season and you expect him to defend his own player? He's not going to directly say that the ref was in the wrong because he'll get fined a hefty amount for doing that so of course he'll say Amir Johnson was being stupid even if he doesn't believe that.

Comment

Switching style of play and leadership meaning your coach is very detrimental to a team full of 20-23 year olds we aren't the Lakers with plenty of Vets to quickly adapt to a new system and have plenty of vet superstar talent to fall back on.

When you look at Raptor History we havent held on to a coach for too long and Casey is easily our best coach besides Lenny. BC has been trying forever to turn this team into another fast PHX Suns team of old, if thats what he wanted anyway why hire Casey might as well have kept Triano...

Comment

Working...
                              X