Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players that could be traded this season - Poll Added: Do we have any Keepers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I selected JV and Ross.. only because they are our new bloods and can turn into Marc Gasol 2.0 and Ray Allen 2.0. Still not convinced DeMar is good enough to keep long term, and I have soured on Lowry. Lowry reminds me of Deron Williams. Looks like a great player, but when he plays/played for a bad team he becomes awful.

Lowry is our best asset. If we blow this up then he could net us a nice pick or could be used in a package to help remove some of our dead weight for a decent return.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      I selected JV and Ross.. only because they are our new bloods and can turn into Marc Gasol 2.0 and Ray Allen 2.0.
      Ray Allen?! Lol TRoss is shooting 26% from 3-point range. And while I'm sure he's a much better shooter than is evidenced, I'm thinking Jason Richardson is about as good as he gets, in terms of shooting. Which is still pretty good.

Comment

So I assume everyone voted for JV, Davis, DeRozan, Ross and Lowry right? lol seriously thats our core right there. This off season we can probably sign Pietrus for longer and shed Klieza and Anderson or just Klieza, Anderson and Pietrus have personality and IQ will work hard in the minutes given plus they are vets Klieza is well... Klieza.

Comment

I voted for Val and Davis. Val because I think he can be a very solid center for years to come. I voted Ed not because he had a great game last night and that I think he is the answer at the 4 spot, but I think we can sign him to an affordable deal and have him in the big-man rotaion....could turn into a nice glue guy.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Didn't vote for anyone. Love some of the guys, but if the right trade came along for a franchise talent then I'd say anyone on the roster if fair game. JV is the one guy that may turn into something resembling a franchise talent at some point, but he isn't having a Blake Griffin type rookie season either.

Comment

Demar, Ross, JV, Davis. We have 3-4 positions filled for the future, and in my opinion, we should try to go in the direction Cleveland is going in. 5 young players, all positions filled, surrounding them with more young players for future role positions, and veterans like Varejao.

Derozan has easily been our best player this year, most consistent as well. Davis has been the biggest expectation liver-upper (made that term up! ) Jonas and Ross have shown their potential, and definitely with their work ethic, and how hard they do everything, they will get better.

I love Lowry, but, unless he starts to realize this is a team game, and starts using his aggressiveness for something other than throwing random shit at the basket, he's a trade chip. When he came back from the injury, he was playing like a back-up point guard trying to prove something.... Sound similar to anyone? *cough* Bayless *cough*.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Ray Allen?! Lol TRoss is shooting 26% from 3-point range. And while I'm sure he's a much better shooter than is evidenced, I'm thinking Jason Richardson is about as good as he gets, in terms of shooting. Which is still pretty good.
                Agreed, Jason Richardson, but he reminds me quite a bit of J.R Smith as well. Sixth man role would best fit for Ross, or a starter playing 15-20 minutes as a 3-&-D guy.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  but he isn't having a Blake Griffin type rookie season either.
                  Blake Griffin isn't even having a 'Blake Griffin Rookie' type season. Lol
                  And he hasn't since .. he was a Rookie. Haha

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/blake_...eer_stats.html

Griffins Points, Rebounds and Assists numbers have all fallen year-over-year since his Rookie season.
                  As a rookie, he averaged 22 and 12. Last year, it was 20 and 10. This year? 18 and 9.
                  Still great numbers, but I don't care what kind of rookie season a guy has if he can't maintain it.

On top of that, Griffin was ranked in Sports Illustrated "Top 15 Rookies of All-Time".
                  Thats a pretty lofty comparison for our boy JV. Haha
                  Last edited by Joey; Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Blake Griffin isn't even having a 'Blake Griffin Rookie' type season. Lol
                    And he hasn't since .. he was a Rookie. Haha

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/blake_...eer_stats.html

Griffins Points, Rebounds and Assists numbers have all fallen year-over-year since his Rookie season.
                    As a rookie, he averaged 22 and 12. Last year, it was 20 and 10. This year? 18 and 9.
                    Still great numbers, but I don't care what kind of rookie season a guy has if he can't maintain it.

On top of that, Griffin was ranked in Sports Illustrated "Top 15 Rookies of All-Time".
                    Thats a pretty lofty comparison for our boy JV. Haha
                    LOL, wow didn't realize Griffin posted those kind of number in his rookie year. I guess I should have been more specific, but I was referring to players like Griffin, Irving and this year Lillard that come into the league as rookies and seem to have a special feel for the game alomost like they have been in the NBA for several years. I was surprised how NBA ready JV was, but having said that he doesn't have that type of basketball IQ which those guys exhibited in their rookie seasons. Not saying that he can't be a great player and maybe a franchise talent one day, but he's far from putting the NBA on notice that he's arrived.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      I was referring to players like Griffin, Irving and this year Lillard that come into the league as rookies and seem to have a special feel for the game alomost like they have been in the NBA for several years.
                      Tyreke Evans played like that in his rookie year too ... Haha

But ya, I see what you're saying.
                      And I guess, as a Center, I have to assume its just the steeper learning curve involved.

If he can finish the season with similar numbers to what Greg Monroe posted as a rookie (9.5pts, 7.5rpg, 1.2blk), then I will be satisfied.
                      He's already almost there in terms of scoring (8.5ppg) and blocks (1.3) just needs to be more consistent with his rebounding (5.5).

Comment

Untouchable - JV
                        Look, we're hanging up right now unless you're offering... : Ross
                        Preferably keep unless you're offering a young stud/lotto pick: Lowry
                        Ed
                        DD

The rest, get rid of 'em.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote:
                          Well, maybe n
                          Well maybe not Acy unless its to make a trade work or something. Everyone needs a guy to sit on the bench and cheer at dunks.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Really need a edit button on the mobile version
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Really need a edit button on the mobile version
                              Haha Deleted your typo post.

Comment

None of the above, not attached to anyone on this roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X