View Poll Results: IF it get's blown up, who would you KEEP?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jonas Valanciunas

26 86.67%
  • Demar Derozan

17 56.67%
  • Kyle Lowry

10 33.33%
  • Ed Davis

16 53.33%
  • Jose Calderon (see Bargnani, Andrea)

3 10.00%
  • Andrea Bargnani (it's only fair I include him with all the others)

3 10.00%
  • Amir Johnson

5 16.67%
  • Terrence Ross

17 56.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Players that could be traded this season - Poll Added: Do we have any Keepers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I only made a new one so I could add a poll.
    Shoot ... and a Poll would make sense for this too ... let me ask the other mods if there's anyway to add the Poll to this thread.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

A poll can be added, but it might be cleaner to close this thread and start a new one, to allow the discussion to focus on the poll results.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    You are not a true fan if you think that DD & Ed should be traded for the efforts they are putting up. But to each his/her own opinion right?
    Alan Anderson plays hard too, and if you cheer for him being a Raptor, then you, sir, are not a true Toronto Raptors fan.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poll Added: Who's a Keeper?

I voted Jonas and Demar. Two nice pieces to build around.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

none of them. i would like to say lowry,ross, derozan,davis, and val because i like the guys but there is no elite talent there and that core isnt going to amount to anything. the enitre thing needs to be blown up if we have any chance at being relevant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote d749 wrote: View Post
    none of them. i would like to say lowry,ross, derozan,davis, and val because i like the guys but there is no elite talent there and that core isnt going to amount to anything. the enitre thing needs to be blown up if we have any chance at being relevant
    Not every single guy on the team needs to be "elite" though ... You need some "just really good" guys too sometimes .. I could be wrong on that though. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Valanciunas. He's the only player I would 100% want to keep.

Ross
    - probably the next closest to 'untouchable', given his contract, age and potential
    - hasn't shown enough to wow me, so he'd definitely be on the block for the right offer

Lowry
    - until/unless he gets extended, there's always a risk that he simply walks after his contract, which automatically makes him a tradeable asset
    - why would you shell out huge money to a guy who's going to be 27 in March, if the team is starting over and won't be ready to contend for playoffs for at least 2-3 seasons?
    - I've been getting frustrated with him and I am starting to see him as little more than a more skilled Bayless (too much hero ball, poor shot selection, not good facilitator for teammates, overrated defender)

Davis
    - I love the improvement he's shown this year, especially after arguing to keep him over Amir each of the past two offseasons
    - solid backup PF, but easily replaced

DeRozan
    - despite offensive improvement, he's still a defensive liability and he has no outside shot
    - if Toronto does decide to start a complete 3-5 year rebuild, I would think that if a team offered a top-10 pick in a loaded draft class (ie: 2014) and allowed the franchise to get out from under DeRozan's huge new contract, you'd have to strongly consider it
    - also, if Ross is kept, I don't see the point of keeping 2 SG (and no, I don't think either is big enough to be full time SF)

I don't think anybody else is even worth mentioning... which really speaks to the overall talent level of this current Raptors team, despite what BC says!
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 06:16 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie Ed Davis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar, Val and Davis.

I like Lowry, but I'm starting to wonder if he's not the best fit as our PG long-term.

Didn't vote for Ross. I hope he makes me look like an idiot for not doing so. For what it's worth I think he can become a solid player that comes off the bench to give a team an offensive boost. I think he will be a pretty streaky player.
    Last edited by Ed Davis; Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ed Davis wrote: View Post
    I like Lowry, but I'm starting to wonder if he's not the best fit as our PG long-term.
    I remember warning people that if they didn't like Bayless' game, they're probably not going to like Lowry very much either.

ADD Now I have to find that post, though. Ugh. Haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Not every single guy on the team needs to be "elite" though ... You need some "just really good" guys too sometimes .. I could be wrong on that though. Lol
    Jerry Colangelo disagrees.

"You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I selected JV and Ross.. only because they are our new bloods and can turn into Marc Gasol 2.0 and Ray Allen 2.0. Still not convinced DeMar is good enough to keep long term, and I have soured on Lowry. Lowry reminds me of Deron Williams. Looks like a great player, but when he plays/played for a bad team he becomes awful.

Lowry is our best asset. If we blow this up then he could net us a nice pick or could be used in a package to help remove some of our dead weight for a decent return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I selected JV and Ross.. only because they are our new bloods and can turn into Marc Gasol 2.0 and Ray Allen 2.0.
    Ray Allen?! Lol TRoss is shooting 26% from 3-point range. And while I'm sure he's a much better shooter than is evidenced, I'm thinking Jason Richardson is about as good as he gets, in terms of shooting. Which is still pretty good.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So I assume everyone voted for JV, Davis, DeRozan, Ross and Lowry right? lol seriously thats our core right there. This off season we can probably sign Pietrus for longer and shed Klieza and Anderson or just Klieza, Anderson and Pietrus have personality and IQ will work hard in the minutes given plus they are vets Klieza is well... Klieza.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Val and Davis. Val because I think he can be a very solid center for years to come. I voted Ed not because he had a great game last night and that I think he is the answer at the 4 spot, but I think we can sign him to an affordable deal and have him in the big-man rotaion....could turn into a nice glue guy.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't vote for anyone. Love some of the guys, but if the right trade came along for a franchise talent then I'd say anyone on the roster if fair game. JV is the one guy that may turn into something resembling a franchise talent at some point, but he isn't having a Blake Griffin type rookie season either.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar, Ross, JV, Davis. We have 3-4 positions filled for the future, and in my opinion, we should try to go in the direction Cleveland is going in. 5 young players, all positions filled, surrounding them with more young players for future role positions, and veterans like Varejao.

Derozan has easily been our best player this year, most consistent as well. Davis has been the biggest expectation liver-upper (made that term up! ) Jonas and Ross have shown their potential, and definitely with their work ethic, and how hard they do everything, they will get better.

I love Lowry, but, unless he starts to realize this is a team game, and starts using his aggressiveness for something other than throwing random shit at the basket, he's a trade chip. When he came back from the injury, he was playing like a back-up point guard trying to prove something.... Sound similar to anyone? *cough* Bayless *cough*.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ray Allen?! Lol TRoss is shooting 26% from 3-point range. And while I'm sure he's a much better shooter than is evidenced, I'm thinking Jason Richardson is about as good as he gets, in terms of shooting. Which is still pretty good.
    Agreed, Jason Richardson, but he reminds me quite a bit of J.R Smith as well. Sixth man role would best fit for Ross, or a starter playing 15-20 minutes as a 3-&-D guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    but he isn't having a Blake Griffin type rookie season either.
    Blake Griffin isn't even having a 'Blake Griffin Rookie' type season. Lol
    And he hasn't since .. he was a Rookie. Haha

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/blake_...eer_stats.html

Griffins Points, Rebounds and Assists numbers have all fallen year-over-year since his Rookie season.
    As a rookie, he averaged 22 and 12. Last year, it was 20 and 10. This year? 18 and 9.
    Still great numbers, but I don't care what kind of rookie season a guy has if he can't maintain it.

On top of that, Griffin was ranked in Sports Illustrated "Top 15 Rookies of All-Time".
    Thats a pretty lofty comparison for our boy JV. Haha
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Dec 13th, 2012 at 12:48 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Blake Griffin isn't even having a 'Blake Griffin Rookie' type season. Lol
    And he hasn't since .. he was a Rookie. Haha

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/blake_...eer_stats.html

Griffins Points, Rebounds and Assists numbers have all fallen year-over-year since his Rookie season.
    As a rookie, he averaged 22 and 12. Last year, it was 20 and 10. This year? 18 and 9.
    Still great numbers, but I don't care what kind of rookie season a guy has if he can't maintain it.

On top of that, Griffin was ranked in Sports Illustrated "Top 15 Rookies of All-Time".
    Thats a pretty lofty comparison for our boy JV. Haha
    LOL, wow didn't realize Griffin posted those kind of number in his rookie year. I guess I should have been more specific, but I was referring to players like Griffin, Irving and this year Lillard that come into the league as rookies and seem to have a special feel for the game alomost like they have been in the NBA for several years. I was surprised how NBA ready JV was, but having said that he doesn't have that type of basketball IQ which those guys exhibited in their rookie seasons. Not saying that he can't be a great player and maybe a franchise talent one day, but he's far from putting the NBA on notice that he's arrived.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I was referring to players like Griffin, Irving and this year Lillard that come into the league as rookies and seem to have a special feel for the game alomost like they have been in the NBA for several years.
    Tyreke Evans played like that in his rookie year too ... Haha

But ya, I see what you're saying.
    And I guess, as a Center, I have to assume its just the steeper learning curve involved.

If he can finish the season with similar numbers to what Greg Monroe posted as a rookie (9.5pts, 7.5rpg, 1.2blk), then I will be satisfied.
    He's already almost there in terms of scoring (8.5ppg) and blocks (1.3) just needs to be more consistent with his rebounding (5.5).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information