Teammates heavily criticized Bargnani in team meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel wrote: View Post
    I didnt know where to post this but, thought you guys might like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rQlc0T5UbU
    Hahaha... The best part is then a guy complains about schedule and improved Bobcats
    (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

This is the best second post of all time.... like ever. It deserves to be easily clicked and watched. I hope you don't mind the embedding.

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
        Hahaha... The best part is then a guy complains about schedule and improved Bobcats
        I nearly pissed myself...that was some funny shit
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

My God, are people still complaining about the Bargnani draft selection? Come on people, he was absolutely the number 1 prospect in that draft.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Not to divert the attention away from Bargnani but do you get the feeling that the part about Calderon is less investigative journalism of breaking news and more a concept just rehashed from the off season (ie they don't really give a time line for this thought)

"The Lakers have been reported as a possible destination for Bargnani as part of a possible deal involving forward Pau Gasol, but the big man is up for discussion in any and all trade talks so long as the potential pieces coming Toronto's are good enough that they could help right this ship. Point guard Jose Calderon has made it clear that he would like to be traded, and Colangelo continues to explore the possibilities there as well. A Raptors trade of some significance, more than likely, is on the horizon."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-seat/1759593/
            Or the Lakers may try to keep Gasol, and just trade for Calderon whom Pau is very familiar with playing for their national team. Calderon would work well with the Lakers while Nash is healing and is already use to coming off the bench once Nash is healthy. Wouldn't mind a first round pick as part of a package from the Lakers for JC...especially the way they've been playing so far.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              Or the Lakers may try to keep Gasol, and just trade for Calderon whom Pau is very familiar with playing for their national team. Calderon would work well with the Lakers while Nash is healing and is already use to coming off the bench once Nash is healthy. Wouldn't mind a first round pick as part of a package from the Lakers for JC...especially the way they've been playing so far.
              Problem is the Lakers have nothing that should interest Toronto - not even draft picks.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                Perhaps the Bobcats would be interested? They start Byron Mullens, who is basically a crappier version of Bargnani, so why not get the real thing. The Bobcats also have 3 first round picks in the upcoming draft, and some contracts that match up well.
                Best deal would be Bargs for the expiring Diop and Williams + a first round pick.
                Another more realistic possibility is Bargs + Kleiza for Ben Gordon + Reggie Williams + 1st round pick.

The 3 picks Charlotte has are the Pistons (top 14 protected), Blazers (top 12 protected), and their own. I'm not expecting a lotto pick for Bargs, and Charlotte has already traded away their non-lotto pick to Miami, so the trade would be between the Pistons and Blazers pick. The Blazers pick has more protection (top 12 through 2015), so Charlotte may be willing to part with it.

I know I know, wishful thinking. That's all we have right now though.
                But why would a team whose defense is ranked 26th in the league want to trade for Bargnani? Nobody wants to do us any favours.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Problem is the Lakers have nothing that should interest Toronto - not even draft picks.
                  Good point

Comment

But why would a team whose defense is ranked 26th in the league want to trade for Bargnani? Nobody wants to do us any favours.
                    The key is to sell Bargnani on his offense, and use last year's 20 game mark as what he could bring to the table. Bryan is very good at cleaning up his mistakes. Turk was traded and he played much worse than Bargnani and had a worse contract.

Teams that rely on their offense more than their defense may want a guy like Bargnani on their team. Lakers, Rockets, Warriors, Nuggets, Mavericks, Suns are all teams that like offensive players in their system. These are the teams that I would be trying to contact for a potential trade.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      The key is to sell Bargnani on his offense, and use last year's 20 game mark as what he could bring to the table. Bryan is very good at cleaning up his mistakes. Turk was traded and he played much worse than Bargnani and had a worse contract.

Teams that rely on their offense more than their defense may want a guy like Bargnani on their team. Lakers, Rockets, Warriors, Nuggets, Mavericks, Suns are all teams that like offensive players in their system. These are the teams that I would be trying to contact for a potential trade.
                      I'm sure BC would try and use any stategy at his disposal to get as much as possible in a trade for AB. However teams that try to win by by way of focusing only on their offense, aka the Phoenix way, are all shifting back to the traditional defensive style of basketball. Phoenix doesn't have Nash or D'Antoni, Goldens State has changed their philosphy completely, Mav's are in flux and only interested in good contracts for a big move in the summer, Lakers are loaded as is.....maybe the Rockets because Morey seems to have a unique methodology to the way he constructs his team. But in general that "run and gun" style of play isn't used very much these days. If you take a look at the teams with the best offensive ratings in the league this season, it's teams like the Knicks, San Antonio, Miami...whom are all defensive savy teams. Bottom line is that BC is going to have a tough time trading Bargnani and it might be best to ride it out with him this season and them amnesty him, imo.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Poor Bargnani I dont hate him personally but for theis team to get better it has to 1. Trade Bargnani for whatever and have a more solid defensive line up that can go back to grinding Ball, Ed Davis and JV give us good post presence should cut down some of those silly points in the paint. 2. This fires up Bargnani to give a shit of all players he has the worst work ethic honestly if Bargs worked on his game he would be amazing dominant nobody could touch him a 7 footer that can shoot grab boards and easily score in the paint with a polished box and post game? He would truly be incredible if he cared to develop himself imagine Bargnani with DeRozans work ethic? Sam Mitch brought that up recently and I agree.

To this day I still dont fault BC for drafting Bargs, based on his raw skillset and athleticism for a 7 footer he could have been a monster.
                        Not to nit-pick here. But JV is one of the major reasons the defence has regressed so much this season. Temper expectations a little bit about the post play post-Bargs.
                        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Ed Davis and JV have been the costliest defensive pairing. (thus far)

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                            It is not at all true that Bargnani is not hard working, has no work ethic etc. What Bargnani does not have at this time is Confidence. It's diminishing day by day because of all the critisism and bashing he's receiving.
                            He hasn't had confidence for 7 years? Who knew?

I thought the Calipre test thingy said nothing bothered the guy? I thought that was one of his big assets? Oh well, goalposts have now moved so far on this guy they are somewhere in the middle of ocean anyway....

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
                              I don't care who they trade him for as long as he's a tough ass. I honest think they need a person that will really lead this team by pounding them on bad play. A guy like Kevin Love (won't likely get him). They need A) A tough ass B) A top 10 draft pick for the 2013 draft ... What do you guys think about this?
                              Pass on the 2013 draft pick. Would love to get a 2014 pick though. Sure, throw a "tough ass" in there too. but the trade is set up for the 2014 pick.
                              Welp, that sucked.

Comment

I'm sure BC would try and use any stategy at his disposal to get as much as possible in a trade for AB. However teams that try to win by by way of focusing only on their offense, aka the Phoenix way, are all shifting back to the traditional defensive style of basketball. Phoenix doesn't have Nash or D'Antoni, Goldens State has changed their philosphy completely, Mav's are in flux and only interested in good contracts for a big move in the summer, Lakers are loaded as is.....maybe the Rockets because Morey seems to have a unique methodology to the way he constructs his team. But in general that "run and gun" style of play isn't used very much these days. If you take a look at the teams with the best offensive ratings in the league this season, it's teams like the Knicks, San Antonio, Miami...whom are all defensive savy teams. Bottom line is that BC is going to have a tough time trading Bargnani and it might be best to ride it out with him this season and them amnesty him, imo.
                                **sobs**

But, but....

**sobs**

Med.....

**sobs**

OH DAMMIT YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!

**total breakdown**

Comment

Working...
                                X