Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Amnesty Bargnani

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Amnesty Bargnani

    place this in whichever thread merits it. But I was playing around with the trade machine, and although many combinations and salaries work...who in the fuck would take Andrea Bargnani?

    I came up with four teams that would be interested for different reasons.

    Minnesota: Love doesn't like them. Kirilenko, Peckovic, and Rubio can hide him on defense and Adelmans system suits his strengths.

    Houston: With Lin and Harden penetrating and able to keep their man in front of them and Asik manning the middle perhaps there is an opportunity for Bargs there. Perhaps we could land Royce White since we only show up for home games anyway.

    Indiana: With Hibbert packing the paint, Bargnani could be well suited to a role their. We could finally pick up an above average 3

    Lakers: It has been much discussed.

    If we can't land a deal with any of these teams....we need to consider busting out the Amnesty

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    man id rather a 2nd rounder than to amnesty!

    Besides id rather amnesty a TRULY untradeable, like Kleiza, who if not gone in a package, will likely net us zero.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bad contracts BC has handed out: Hedo, Amir, Lenis, Andre, Landry. I say we amnesty BC for the rest of this year. No one should trust BC with a franchise ever again.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,789
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Profile wrote: View Post
    Bad contracts BC has handed out: Hedo, Amir, Lenis, Andre, Landry. I say we amnesty BC for the rest of this year. No one should trust BC with a franchise ever again.
    Amir is not on a bad contract. He's making a pretty acceptable amount for a decent rotation big, a guy who is capable of starting in case of injuries, but otherwise is a good 3rd big. He almost always plays with good energy, and he's making less of the mistakes that were a concern in his early years.
    I agree with the rest though, and would even like to add at least a couple more: Jason Kapono (how was this not second on your list after Hedo? =P though Fields has the potential to take that spot), and Jarrett Jack. Jack wasn't really a bad contract, but such a useless signing in the end, because he basically didn't give us anything we hoped for and he made enough that it could've netted us a better fitting player. BC wastes money on guys for the wrong reasons. Lets give Jack a near mid-level to try and keep Bosh happy because they're friends. Lets sign Fields because it will screw NY...right, how's that working out Bryan?

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Obviously, the sooner BC can rid this team of some of the problems (Kleiza, Bargs, Calderon) the better. I really think it will be addition by subtraction. However, I also think due diligence needs to happen. The earliest BC should amnesty is AFTER the trade deadline. He's has to see if he can get ANY assets for those guys. Even a second rounder is an asset rather than giving away free money. If after the trade deadline they're still there, well, Calderon expires and Bargs can be shopped again after the season. I think Kleiza, unless packaged with someone else, is really the only untradeable asset. He's the best amnesty candidate.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,794
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Profile wrote: View Post
    Bad contracts BC has handed out: Hedo, Amir, Lenis, Andre, Landry. I say we amnesty BC for the rest of this year. No one should trust BC with a franchise ever again.
    Maybe we could trade AB and BC to Orlando for Nicholson.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why is Landry in that list? We traded for him, no? Is there an extension i don't know about?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Why is Landry in that list? We traded for him, no? Is there an extension i don't know about?
    Landry Fields. Maybe I'm spelling his name wrong. No trade. BC put up a overpriced offer sheet on this second rounder who had a poor 2nd year. Someone call Trump cause our GM needs to here two words right now "You're Fired."

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think anyone wants to pay $10 mil a year for the next 2 years in exchange for a player that will weaken every single team in the NBA's defense. Amnesty AB at the end of the year and with Jose's contract expiring they will have roughly $20 mil that comes of the books. BC will then proceed to smile in front of the media and talk about how much money he has in the off season to sign some major talent, but will likely end up with an aging veteran well past his prime.

    Hopefully he can use some of that $$ to load up on draft picks for 2014.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I don't think anyone wants to pay $10 mil a year for the next 2 years in exchange for a player that will weaken every single team in the NBA's defense. Amnesty AB at the end of the year and with Jose's contract expiring they will have roughly $20 mil that comes of the books. BC will then proceed to smile in front of the media and talk about how much money he has in the off season to sign some major talent, but will likely end up with an aging veteran well past his prime.

    Hopefully he can use some of that $$ to load up on draft picks for 2014.
    The only hope is things get so bad in LA they too fall victim to the potential Bargnani has in their system with D12 backing him up.

    Sadly, where ever Bargnani ends up he is likely to return to his near all-star status of last year.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sadly, where ever Bargnani ends up he is likely to return to his near all-star status of last year.
    Momentarily, that is.

    The novelty of his new surroundings will surely motivate him initially. But doing the "complicated stuff" (i.e. rebounding, rotating and boxing out) will soon get too taxing for Bargnani, and no other coach/GM would be willing to put up with such nonsense from a non-core player. Eventually, his minutes will be reduced (like they should've been in Toronto), and his numbers will suffer.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sad, but true. Bargnani may finally be in the right situation to flourish.

    The more likely scenario though is that the Lakers may want to trade for Jose instead, as he is already quite familiar with Gasol already from their national team. Jose would fill in for Nash, nicely and when Nash gets back would come of the bench which he is quite comfortable with as well. Also, his contract is coming off the books, so L.A. wouldn't be taking much of a risk with him. For this reason I hope BC can get back something of true value to which ever team he trades JC to.

    Jose should be able to up huge assist numbers in L.A.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The only hope is things get so bad in LA they too fall victim to the potential Bargnani has in their system with D12 backing him up.

    Sadly, where ever Bargnani ends up he is likely to return to his near all-star status of last year.
    I wholeheartedly disagree with the All-Star status. He simply is too one-dimensional to EVER be considered to be an all-star. With the Lakers, he's option 3 at best (4 realistically). Bargnani makes me forget about Vince (where he got us to the playoffs) and Bosh (where he got us to the playoffs). He's the one player I will never forget for all the wrong reasons.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The only hope is things get so bad in LA they too fall victim to the potential Bargnani has in their system with D12 backing him up.

    Sadly, where ever Bargnani ends up he is likely to return to his near all-star status of last year.
    Don't bank on that. This would not be like VC being tarded and then killing it for NJ.

    Let's see Andrea actually make an all-star game before we assume he's going to play like one, in any uniform.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargnani currently is better suited t be on a legit contender knocking down shots rather than be the center piece of a struggling team where when he isnt hitting his Jumpers the team is dead in the water. We dont have to get much for Bargs we just got to move out of this era.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    828
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I really think Bargnani is a trade-able player and for something not great, but pretty good. If amnestying him though makes sense, they should do it.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If its so hard to move Andrea, than include Derozan as a sweetener.


    (that should give us more dancing partners)

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    If its so hard to move Andrea, than include Derozan as a sweetener.


    (that should give us more dancing partners)
    this should get the ball rolling quickly & id be totaly OK with it..if the return is good.. I think Ross is going to be the better Pro..& i really dont like the way Demar constantly complains to the refs..i know he tends to not get calls but he puts his teammates in a tough spot when he doesnt get back on D because hes bitching to the refs
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 12:12 PM.

  19. #19
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i really dont like the way Demar constantly complains to the refs..i know he tends to not get calls but he puts his teammates in a tough spot when he doesnt get back on D because hes bitching to the refs
    This hasn't really happened at all this year though ... Demar has been an absolute pro when it comes to dealing with the refs. From what I've noticed anyway.
    In Masai we Trust.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This hasn't really happened at all this year though ... Demar has been an absolute pro when it comes to dealing with the refs. From what I've noticed anyway.
    its def. happening this year too..hes been T'd up for it..hes always flinging his arms up looking for calls that arnt there or hes not going to get. early on he was finishing strong through contact & would get calls, not so much lately, although he has been producing a fair amount more consistantly of late..i just think the bitching attitude can rub off on team mates, can even rub peeps the wrong way & i think that is happening with some team mates & the ref's
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 04:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •