No announcement yet.

Amnesty Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously, the sooner BC can rid this team of some of the problems (Kleiza, Bargs, Calderon) the better. I really think it will be addition by subtraction. However, I also think due diligence needs to happen. The earliest BC should amnesty is AFTER the trade deadline. He's has to see if he can get ANY assets for those guys. Even a second rounder is an asset rather than giving away free money. If after the trade deadline they're still there, well, Calderon expires and Bargs can be shopped again after the season. I think Kleiza, unless packaged with someone else, is really the only untradeable asset. He's the best amnesty candidate.

Comment

If its so hard to move Andrea, than include Derozan as a sweetener.

(that should give us more dancing partners)

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
        If its so hard to move Andrea, than include Derozan as a sweetener.

(that should give us more dancing partners)
        this should get the ball rolling quickly & id be totaly OK with it..if the return is good.. I think Ross is going to be the better Pro..& i really dont like the way Demar constantly complains to the refs..i know he tends to not get calls but he puts his teammates in a tough spot when he doesnt get back on D because hes bitching to the refs
        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Dec 12, 2012, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I am under the impression that amnesty on Bargnani is NOT an option again until this season is over.

Comment

We will not amnesty Bargs, ever.

The sooner you accept that, the better.

Two more possible trade partners are Charlotte and Cleveland. Both have a glut of first round picks (protected so Bargs may actually be worth it) they could trade, and both have worse options than Bargs at PF. Charlotte has crappy-bargs in Mullens, and Cleveland has Tristan Thompson, who can't score to save his life. Both have expirings that much up well with Bargs contract too. Plus charlotte has that awful Ben Gordon contract they'd probably like to move in exchange for Bargs.

Comment

I dont think amnesty Bargs is a good idea at all end of the day he may be soft but he is still a 7 footer that can shoot and stretch the floor, any team will pick him up after we drop him we trade this guy bottom line. I don't know if moving DeRozan should even be mentioned the guy is showing up every game so far and its not like its the usual DeRozan making 20 points after 30 attempts he quietly makes his 18-20 ppg a night nowadays.

Comment

Profile wrote: View Post
                Bad contracts BC has handed out: Hedo, Amir, Lenis, Andre, Landry. I say we amnesty BC for the rest of this year. No one should trust BC with a franchise ever again.
                Maybe we could trade AB and BC to Orlando for Nicholson.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  The only hope is things get so bad in LA they too fall victim to the potential Bargnani has in their system with D12 backing him up.

Sadly, where ever Bargnani ends up he is likely to return to his near all-star status of last year.
                  Don't bank on that. This would not be like VC being tarded and then killing it for NJ.

Let's see Andrea actually make an all-star game before we assume he's going to play like one, in any uniform.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                    Don't bank on that. This would not be like VC being tarded and then killing it for NJ.

Let's see Andrea actually make an all-star game before we assume he's going to play like one, in any uniform.
                    I should have enlarged the font, bold, capitalized, and underlined the NEAR in that sentence.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                      i really dont like the way Demar constantly complains to the refs..i know he tends to not get calls but he puts his teammates in a tough spot when he doesnt get back on D because hes bitching to the refs
                      This hasn't really happened at all this year though ... Demar has been an absolute pro when it comes to dealing with the refs. From what I've noticed anyway.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I should have enlarged the font, bold, capitalized, and underlined the NEAR in that sentence.
                        But you're assuming that he can put up 20 points as a 3rd option, I don't think many people agree with you in that regard. The reason he scores so much for us is because he's allowed to shoot as much and whenever he wants.

On a good team I see him as a ~15 ppg guy. In fact look at Gallinari's stats and drop it by about 10-20%

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          But you're assuming that he can put up 20 points as a 3rd option, I don't think many people agree with you in that regard. The reason he scores so much for us is because he's allowed to shoot as much and whenever he wants.

On a good team I see him as a ~15 ppg guy. In fact look at Gallinari's stats and drop it by about 10-20%
                          On a good team with ball movement and as a 3rd option I see him getting a lot of open looks that he does not have in Toronto due to a lack of ball movement and his apparent self-acclamation as option 1a, 1b, and 1c.

I think he'd do well in LA. I really do. If not too many people agree with me in that regard, such is life.

Ball movement, or lack thereof, in Toronto is really stifling offense - like everyone's.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            This hasn't really happened at all this year though ... Demar has been an absolute pro when it comes to dealing with the refs. From what I've noticed anyway.
                            its def. happening this year too..hes been T'd up for it..hes always flinging his arms up looking for calls that arnt there or hes not going to get. early on he was finishing strong through contact & would get calls, not so much lately, although he has been producing a fair amount more consistantly of late..i just think the bitching attitude can rub off on team mates, can even rub peeps the wrong way & i think that is happening with some team mates & the ref's
                            Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Dec 12, 2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

There's no reason to Amnesty Bargnani at this time. As other threads have alluded to, this team's best chance to build is through the draft. So we amnesty Bargnani. We save $10M. Then what? Hope we can lure a good player over via free agency?
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                                There's no reason to Amnesty Bargnani at this time. As other threads have alluded to, this team's best chance to build is through the draft. So we amnesty Bargnani. We save $10M. Then what? Hope we can lure a good player over via free agency?
                                Ding ding ding!

Comment

Working...
                                X