Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: So Tonights game vs the Nets

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So Tonights game vs the Nets

Has only 8 Raps available No Bargs (elbow) No Lowry (Shoulder) Klieza (Back) No Amir (suspension) The Raps starting line is...

Calderon, DeRozan, Pietrus, Davis, JV
    Bench
    Gray, Lucas Ross

Raptors are trying to bring Acy up for tonights game. Bargs is out indefinitely and Casey says "its Ed's time to shine we need his energy and defense something that Bargs didnt necessarily provide"

So this is going to be painful to watch but Im glad I get to see the development of some key guys. thoughts ?

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's gonna be ugly, especially if Lopez plays

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Has only 8 Raps available No Bargs (elbow) No Lowry (Shoulder) Klieza (Back) No Amir (suspension) The Raps starting line is...

Calderon, DeRozan, Pietrus, Davis, JV
    Bench
    Gray, Lucas Ross

Raptors are trying to bring Acy up for tonights game. Bargs is out indefinitely and Casey says "its Ed's time to shine we need his energy and defense something that Bargs didnt necessarily provide"

So this is going to be painful to watch but Im glad I get to see the development of some key guys. thoughts ?
    With Acy in the D-League... Man, what happened to our depth? Injuries have always been our problem.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There never was any quality to our depth anyway. Injured or not makes no difference.

I'm going to this game. I'm expecting to be entertained...

... by the mascot. That guy is one funny dude. I hope he puts on the puffy version of his costume!
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    There never was any quality to our depth anyway. Injured or not makes no difference.

I'm going to this game. I'm expecting to be entertained...

... by the mascot. That guy is one funny dude. I hope he puts on the puffy version of his costume!
    Have fun watching Brooklyn run CIRCLES around tired men...

Raptors Republic Rookie Ed Davis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Excited to see what Davis can do with more playing time, but fuck this is going to be horrible.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    With Acy in the D-League... Man, what happened to our depth? Injuries have always been our problem.
    Team is not that deep. Casey & Colangelo were overhypng the team back in preseason.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I'm expecting to be entertained...

If there was a championship for mascots without a doubt Toronto would have a dynasty going on right now.

Ya though team is crippled I think Lopez is hurt Not sure at all about this though. Anderson and fields are expected to be back in a week, don't know if that will make a difference though...

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Williams usually does whatever he wants vs. Calderon. I don't expect any resistance at all.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Team is not that deep. Casey & Colangelo were overhypng the team back in preseason.
    Not deep in talent, but deep in position.

PG: Lowry/Calderon/Lucas
    SG: Derozan/Ross/Anderson
    SF: Fields/Kleiza/Pietrus
    PF: Bargnani/Johnson/Davis/Acy
    C: Valanciunas/Gray

At every position, the back-ups are all capable of playing good minutes and contributing, and capable of starting. Not saying we are deep in talent, but we had guys behind another to step up. Now that depth is gone, for the 1st tier of players are basically gone due to injury. 8 players in a game? Usual playoff rotation right? Except when your back-ups are third string type players and a rookie.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This did not need its own thread, in my opinion. Deleted thread. Put post in here. Sorry.

With Bargnani out indefinitely, I hope we see a dramatic return to Casey ball circa 2011-12. I am not sure if that is even possible but 'fingers crossed'. Hopefully Casey realizes Colangelo is on his way out and if he is going to follow suit, he should go out on his own terms. After the dramatic defensive shift from last season to this season, I am praying Casey is only being a good soldier thus far. Time to get back to your strengths, coach! #poundtherock

This quote inspires:

"That’s part of the NBA. We’re all professionals. I’m sure if we went to other professions and said: ‘Hey your job is on the line.’ That’s part of the job, we live in a glass bowl, I live in a glass bowl that’s part of the territory when we sign up. We’re all men. I’ve explained that to players, you’ve got to perform. Trade rumours, firing, whatever it is, we all have to perform, we have a job to do. We can’t go into a shell and say: ‘Please go away, please go away.’ No, we’ve got a job to do. I’ve been through toughter times. I told the players some of you have been through tougher times at home. This is when you have to pull your pants up. I think I heard the term big boy pants, and be ready to play. That’s where I am. I’m a fighter, I’m a scrapper. I’m still with this team. We’re working hard, we worked hard in shootaround this morning. To be prepared for Brooklyn or whoever we’re playing. I’m not shying away from this opportunity."

http://sulia.com/channel/toronto-rap...source=twitter

Hopefully he has not lost the room and hopefully #tradeBargnani has played his last game in a Raptors uniform.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Triple double for Ed Davis: 30 points, 20 rebounds and 10 blocks. We win by 20 and Demar goes off for 40. This begins our title run. book it.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Blowout
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So funny they're "trying" to bring Acy back. I woulda made the call as soon as Amir threw that mouthpiece. They have an airport in Bakersfield?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Rookie robert parrish 00's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they can get Mcguire back before he packs his bags. Quick BC!

I know they will get blown out. But I kind of like this line up. Let our young guys play. Finally Casey will be forced to play Aaron Gray. FINALLY! He is our Rasho, so why is he riding the pine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    So funny they're "trying" to bring Acy back. I woulda made the call as soon as Amir threw that mouthpiece. They have an airport in Bakersfield?
    Bus terminal?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

At every position, the back-ups are all capable of playing good minutes and contributing, and capable of starting. Not saying we are deep in talent, but we had guys behind another to step up. Now that depth is gone, for the 1st tier of players are basically gone due to injury. 8 players in a game? Usual playoff rotation right? Except when your back-ups are third string type players and a rookie.
    Wait a minute....I thought there was not an issue of talent but rather issues surrounding lack of attention to detail and focus? (Sarcasm)

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote robert parrish 00 wrote: View Post
    Maybe they can get Mcguire back before he packs his bags. Quick BC!

I know they will get blown out. But I kind of like this line up. Let our young guys play. Finally Casey will be forced to play Aaron Gray. FINALLY! He is our Rasho, so why is he riding the pine.
    If we win tonight DC will seriously have to make long term changes to minute distribution when AB comes back or risk losing his job.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing about this 'depth' is that any team could do this, if they wanted to. Lucas, Anderson, Pietrus, Acy, Gray -- these are all guys that no one really wanted. Any team that has 5 spots to fill could go scour the free agency market and D-League and pick up players of similar or equal value. Other than Pietrus, who I later read had been pursued by other teams, all these guys are easily replaceable.

So really, saying we're "not deep in talent but deep in position" basically means we suck, and that the GM is just lazy. The fact that the starting 5-9 are so weak to begin with, and then the GM goes off and fills the next 5 spots with junk, should tell us a lot about how much of a mess this team is in right now.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's go Raptor, let's go!

LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information