Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargnani out indefinitely(likely 1-2 months)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I don't believe in hell, I am an atheist. cheers.
    +1
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

T.Dot wrote: View Post
      I guess hell will be a nice place for you.
      You can't expect people to feel sorry for him. He puts in very little effort on a daily basis. Now in the next 2 months he'll make 2 million dollars to put in NO effort on a daily basis.

Comment

IMO there are certain ways for fans to react and I was talking about basketball fan base, not football. For 'fans' to be happy one of their players is injured, it is immoral. There is no doubt about it.

Comment

-_____- obviously he's injured so he can't play for the 2 months..did you ever think of that? He has had a rough season yes but come on, have some sort of compassion or some shit. Now he can't be traded like you guys wanted. You're happy he's injured but unhappy that he is. There is no pleasing you people

Comment

I really hope that the sentiments in this thread are only being made because of the relative anonymity of the internet, because the way you guys are going at Bargnani right now is disgusting and I hope you have the sense to keep it to yourself in the "real world".
            Last edited by KHD; Wed Dec 12, 2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

+1

Comment

-_____- obviously he's injured so he can't play for the 2 months..did you ever think of that? He has had a rough season yes but come on, have some sort of compassion or some shit. Now he can't be traded like you guys wanted. You're happy he's injured but unhappy that he is. There is no pleasing you people
                It's bittersweet.
                Sure he's in a little pain but he'll still make more when he's injured than most make in 20 years. For a guy who puts in no effort to help this team, were not going to pity his injury. His life isn't over, he didn't die, he just won't play, and still make more than anyone posting on this site.

Comment

I can't speak for anyone else. It is tough to know who you are directly comments at without "reply with quote."

With that said, again not speaking for anyone else, you have the bold confused.

I'm unhappy he is injured but happy he is not playing. I would have much rather Casey to have benched him or taken him out of the starting lineup. For all the accountability talk, there has little to none. I am very happy ED is getting more minutes because of it but not at the expense of Bargnani being injured (or Amir suspended for that matter) rather because ED rightfully earned the minutes (which he has) and was rewarded by the coach.

The way the Raptors fought tonight is not a coincidence either, in my opinion. That has nothing to do with happiness of Bargnani injured and everything to do with Bargnani not playing - despite the reason.

Comment

His influence won't be plaguing the team that's why people are happy not because he's hurt. Sure sucks that he's in pain but really you can't feel sorry for everyone who has a hurt elbow. Especially when they're a multi millionaire.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                      His influence won't be plaguing the team that's why people are happy not because he's hurt. Sure sucks that he's in pain but really you can't feel sorry for everyone who has a hurt elbow. Especially when they're a multi millionaire.
                      word.

Comment

by the time he comes back hopefully Ed has solidified himself as our starter and we got some Ws under our belt with a rise in rankings defensively. Should REALLY shine a light on Bargs is a major problem.

btw GODDAMIT LOWRY STAY HEALTHY but you know thats just what being on the Raps does to a guy people get away with injuring our guys.

Comment

i dont feel bad not because i want him gone, but because his sucking got him injured. he ran over yet another charge with his head down instead of taking the pull up

Comment

IMO there are certain ways for fans to react and I was talking about basketball fan base, not football. For 'fans' to be happy one of their players is injured, it is immoral. There is no doubt about it.
                            T.Dot,
                            As a long time Toronto sports fan, I find it sad that this is the sentiment amongst too many fans. They'll never admit it, but so be it. Their sentiments are of no consequence to me being a fan - just disappointment.

Comment

I will say this. I use my name openly when I comment and I stand by my opinions and when I get new information I change them accordingly. I am not happy specifically that Bargnani is hurt. I am happy Casey does not have the option of playing him. I also 99 percent of the time would not say something about someone behind their back I wouldn't say to their face. If Bargnani was in the room and asked my opinion I would say flat out, you aren't right for this team, Ed Davis needs a chance to shine. I hope you get traded somehwere that needs a stretch 4 chucker.

The End.
                              Tim
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                I can't speak for anyone else. It is tough to know who you are directly comments at without "reply with quote."

With that said, again not speaking for anyone else, you have the bold confused.

I'm unhappy he is injured but happy he is not playing. I would have much rather Casey to have benched him or taken him out of the starting lineup. For all the accountability talk, there has little to none. I am very happy ED is getting more minutes because of it but not at the expense of Bargnani being injured (or Amir suspended for that matter) rather because ED rightfully earned the minutes (which he has) and was rewarded by the coach.

The way the Raptors fought tonight is not a coincidence either, in my opinion. That has nothing to do with happiness of Bargnani injured and everything to do with Bargnani not playing - despite the reason.

Yes .... Ed played well tonight. As did Jonas. Even Erin Gray (somewhat). But this was not a good test. Brooklyns' Bigs were Bench equivalents. Dwill has been in crap mode of recent, but wthout Lopez, this team is f**ked.

I agree that Ed should've got more minutes before AB went down, but I'm not the Coach. I still don't see Ed as a Starter - at this point. Real Bigs eat him up. Casey knows that, hence why he hasn't started Davis unless required.

This is where - and I've said this before Matt - I lost some respect for your opinion. Always considered you level-headed, but your "flip" threw me, along with a few others. Yes - I know Andrea has disappointed you. This whole f**king team has disappointed me, including Bargnani. While he has been the lightening rod for this crazy season, objectivity has lost ground with some, including you.

Relatively speaking, no one seems to want to address the Lowry situation. This team should've been better then last season. With Lowry at the helm, we've played in a dysfunctional way for most games. Our Bigs - including Andrea - haven't played up to their capacity. And while AB has to shoulder some responsibility for our record, I get a sense he's frustrated like many other players. Bargnani's problem is, he has very little lattitude to be frustrated.

That goes with being drafted 1st overall, and fans not allowing anything less than a franchise persona. He's not, yet we still crucify him for being treated as such. I agree - he's been coddled at times. But that's not his doing. Players with skills like his need a firm Coach .. Not a crazy one like Smitch, or a loosey-goosey one like Jay. Give him the right environment, and a Coach who holds him accountable - something Casey has been lacking in this season ALL AROUND - and you have that AB13 playing for you.

However things do go, when Bargs does return as an opponent, he will treated like other former players - he will be taunted and disrespected in the same way some are rejoicing now. Then he'll proceed to show his anger, as Vince used to - exacting that anger to our detriment.

I may be too optimistic at times; too unicorn-ish for some; a fanboy to others.
                                But ... I'm a fan - come hell or high water. And I certainly hope I never succumb to the bi-polar style that seems too prevalent when times get tough. I want a good team. Desperate for one, might be a better term. But flipping isn't in my DNA.

Comment

Working...
                                X