Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargnani out indefinitely(likely 1-2 months)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T.Dot wrote: View Post
    -_____- obviously he's injured so he can't play for the 2 months..did you ever think of that? He has had a rough season yes but come on, have some sort of compassion or some shit. Now he can't be traded like you guys wanted. You're happy he's injured but unhappy that he is. There is no pleasing you people

something tells me you could be that Bargnani wer tlkin abt... hmm..

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
      Yes .... Ed played well tonight. As did Jonas. Even Erin Gray (somewhat). But this was not a good test. Brooklyns' Bigs were Bench equivalents. Dwill has been in crap mode of recent, but wthout Lopez, this team is f**ked.

I agree that Ed should've got more minutes before AB went down, but I'm not the Coach. I still don't see Ed as a Starter - at this point. Real Bigs eat him up. Casey knows that, hence why he hasn't started Davis unless required.

This is where - and I've said this before Matt - I lost some respect for your opinion. Always considered you level-headed, but your "flip" threw me, along with a few others. Yes - I know Andrea has disappointed you. This whole f**king team has disappointed me, including Bargnani. While he has been the lightening rod for this crazy season, objectivity has lost ground with some, including you.

Relatively speaking, no one seems to want to address the Lowry situation. This team should've been better then last season. With Lowry at the helm, we've played in a dysfunctional way for most games. Our Bigs - including Andrea - haven't played up to their capacity. And while AB has to shoulder some responsibility for our record, I get a sense he's frustrated like many other players. Bargnani's problem is, he has very little lattitude to be frustrated.

That goes with being drafted 1st overall, and fans not allowing anything less than a franchise persona. He's not, yet we still crucify him for being treated as such. I agree - he's been coddled at times. But that's not his doing. Players with skills like his need a firm Coach .. Not a crazy one like Smitch, or a loosey-goosey one like Jay. Give him the right environment, and a Coach who holds him accountable - something Casey has been lacking in this season ALL AROUND - and you have that AB13 playing for you.

However things do go, when Bargs does return as an opponent, he will treated like other former players - he will be taunted and disrespected in the same way some are rejoicing now. Then he'll proceed to show his anger, as Vince used to - exacting that anger to our detriment.

I may be too optimistic at times; too unicorn-ish for some; a fanboy to others.
      But ... I'm a fan - come hell or high water. And I certainly hope I never succumb to the bi-polar style that seems too prevalent when times get tough. I want a good team. Desperate for one, might be a better term. But flipping isn't in my DNA.

I think we have a massive case of pot and kettle. 20 games isn't a slump. It is a 1/4 of the season. Look at his stats. Look at his effort. Look at the last 5 years of playoff success. Look at Casey's interviews regarding accountability and what transpired. Look at the morale of the team and the number of games the team has excelled/collapsed when Bargnani left/returned. Bargnani is a leech to this team.

Was BKN a good test? Well, what was the test? If it was a full team effort, then yeah, it was. The Raptors, if you have not seen the standings, are the 2nd worst team in the league past the 1/4 season mark and have appeared to not give a shit of late.

You've called me out now and before. Good for you. I hope you feel good knowing you are a superior Raptor fan than I. But that respect is a 2-way street. You've essentially said because my opinion is different than your own now you no longer respect it. You say I am not objective? Look in the mirror. You just blame everyone and everything except where it squarely belongs. If I am lacking objectivity, I think we can say the same about you. We are talking about a 27 year old professional athlete who is paid $50M over 5 years. Even his TEAMMATES have had it with him!! His freaking teammates are yelling at him!!! Yet you still are handing out the tissue box.

The Lowry situation is disappointing. His decision making has been poor and his demeanour is disturbing. But do you know what a major difference is? The 6'0", 205lb pudge PG plays balls out at all times and gets 5.8rebs per game. The 7'0", 250lb enigma PF barely bothers and gets a measly 4.3 rebs per game. That is disgusting on every level imaginable.

I'm glad flipping is not in your DNA. Unfortunately the capacity for rationale thought and admittance of being wrong does not also appear to be present either. It is time to put your big boy pants on and deal with the reality of Andrea Bargnani and the Toronto Raptors.

Comment

At last, good news.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I don't know much about elbows, but ligament damage is never good anywhere, and it's in his shooting arm. I feel like if we had a chance to get something of value back for him before, that chance is now gone. Any deal that happens now is bound to just be a dump where we'll be lucky to get anything useful.

Comment

I just hope that we dont have the same situation we had with Demar. Everyone all excited but then Defenses start realizing that he's no slouch and key in on him, ED will probably start seeing some double teams coming from parts of the floor that hes not used to. ED hasnt had that kind of attention yet. Patience with him there must be, or doomed we are.

Comment

I find it funny when fans defend players like they know them personally. Classic case of not being able to separate fantasy from reality.

"Stop talking about so-and-so, you're hurting his feelings!". Precious stuff.

"Don't throw popcorn at the movie screen. Tom Cruise deserves better!"

Comment

Bargnani is gone “indefinitely.” The good news? He’ll be back before the Feb. 21 trade deadline if they have to push him out on the court with one arm taped to his chest.

If ever there was an excuse for a rollover, Wednesday night was it. When you call all hands to the pump, that’s when they tend to start slipping.

Yet from the start, there was real fire in this tier-two group. They fought out to a 45-37 first-half lead. Whenever the Nets tried to slip through the Nets, they ran into Ed Davis and Jonas Valanciunas. The pair of them were trying out something new for this team. They were trying to defend.

There wasn’t much to Wednesday night’s Raptors. On aggregate talent, this was barely an NBA team. But this was something new if you’ve been watching all season long. It was a bunch of guys who appeared to care about what they were doing. Nobody loafed. Nobody sulked. Nobody stood around ball-watching or getting caught on the switch. These guys moved with purpose.

Casey saw it. He was careful with his words about it, but he saw the difference.

“I thought tonight there was sustained effort. We competed,” Casey said, putting particular emphasis on the last word.

If this team wants rid of Bargnani — and they should — the other side of that decision is who fills his role.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...treak-hits-six

Comment

T.Dot wrote: View Post
                  -_____- obviously he's injured so he can't play for the 2 months..did you ever think of that? He has had a rough season yes but come on, have some sort of compassion or some shit. Now he can't be traded like you guys wanted. You're happy he's injured but unhappy that he is. There is no pleasing you people
                  I hope on his way to the hospital he gets run over by a truck and dies a slow death, we can then get his contract off of the books due to grisly death. Then we can have that awkward moment when the team does a fan vote to see if we want his number raised to the rafters and it loses out by a 90/10 vote.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    I hope on his way to the hospital he gets run over by a truck and dies a slow death, we can then get his contract off of the books due to grisly death. Then we can have that awkward moment when the team does a fan vote to see if we want his number raised to the rafters and it loses out by a 90/10 vote.
                    this reminded me of the movie "The Fan" with wesley snipes...wasnt that dude who got killed named "Primo" Too??? LOL

do you sell Knives Letter N ??? LOL

Comment

I don't really understand people who call out a person for 'not being a fan' because they criticized a player, coach or GM. That does not compute. I think it's time to revisit the definition of what a fan is, and perhaps differentiate it with another word -- fanboy.

Fanboy of X: A person who unequivocally cheers for X regardless of good/bad. Through thick and thin. No criticism required because X is perfect in every way.

Fan of X: A person who loves X and wants to see it do well.

An analogy would be "FAN" is like a parent of a child. The parent's goal is to help the child reach their full potential. The parents points out the child's mistakes and corrects them. "FANBOY" is Uncle Ned on the father's side 3 times removed.

When Uncle Ned approaches the child, he is happy and gives him a hug and a big teddy bear. When the parent looks at the same child he/she notices that the child still doesn't know how to clean up after himself after pooping his own diaper, and that he's 35 years old.

Are you a fan or a fanboy?
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        I don't really understand people who call out a person for 'not being a fan' because they criticized a player, coach or GM. That does not compute. I think it's time to revisit the definition of what a fan is, and perhaps differentiate it with another word -- fanboy.

Fanboy of X: A person who unequivocally cheers for X regardless of good/bad. Through thick and thin. No criticism required because X is perfect in every way.

Fan of X: A person who loves X and wants to see it do well.

An analogy would be "FAN" is like a parent of a child. The parent's goal is to help the child reach their full potential. The parents points out the child's mistakes and corrects them. "FANBOY" is Uncle Ned on the father's side 3 times removed.

When Uncle Ned approaches the child, he is happy and gives him a hug and a big teddy bear. When the parent looks at the same child he/she notices that the child still doesn't know how to clean up after himself after pooping his own diaper, and that he's 35 years old.

Are you a fan or a fanboy?
                        id like to add that it is very possible to be a fan of a team rather than its players...I have no loyalty to anyone but the team itself..if u disrespect the team then expect backlash!

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          this reminded me of the movie "The Fan" with wesley snipes...wasnt that dude who got killed named "Primo" Too??? LOL

do you sell Knives Letter N ??? LOL

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                            LOL classic LOL can i get tickets to the premier u think? LOL

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I'm glad flipping is not in your DNA. Unfortunately the capacity for rationale thought and admittance of being wrong does not also appear to be present either. It is time to put your big boy pants on and deal with the reality of Andrea Bargnani and the Toronto Raptors.
                              I think it is about time for flipping. I wish Colangelo flipped or Bargnani flipped. As fans we also require respect and after all we spend our money on the franchise as well. So we are being constantly lied about this franchise. And this preseason it was IT. The management of this team had playoffs as goal for this yeat. WTF...
                              I agree in everything you say Matt. And every scenario which includes Bargnani to be OUT so that this team can really start to resolve the issue which has a lot to do with him is a great thinking and I am glad there are people who share my opinion. Whether Bargnani is traded or injured - I don't care as long as he is away from the court.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                                This is just delaying a trade. Must be a part of BC's evil plan
                                It may be a blessing in that BC may be gone before AB proves he is healthy and thus valuable as an asset to trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X