Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Bargnani out indefinitely(likely 1-2 months)

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter T.Dot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    +1

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    -_____- obviously he's injured so he can't play for the 2 months..did you ever think of that? He has had a rough season yes but come on, have some sort of compassion or some shit. Now he can't be traded like you guys wanted. You're happy he's injured but unhappy that he is. There is no pleasing you people
    It's bittersweet.
    Sure he's in a little pain but he'll still make more when he's injured than most make in 20 years. For a guy who puts in no effort to help this team, were not going to pity his injury. His life isn't over, he didn't die, he just won't play, and still make more than anyone posting on this site.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    -_____- obviously he's injured so he can't play for the 2 months..did you ever think of that? He has had a rough season yes but come on, have some sort of compassion or some shit. Now he can't be traded like you guys wanted. You're happy he's injured but unhappy that he is. There is no pleasing you people
    I can't speak for anyone else. It is tough to know who you are directly comments at without "reply with quote."

    With that said, again not speaking for anyone else, you have the bold confused.

    I'm unhappy he is injured but happy he is not playing. I would have much rather Casey to have benched him or taken him out of the starting lineup. For all the accountability talk, there has little to none. I am very happy ED is getting more minutes because of it but not at the expense of Bargnani being injured (or Amir suspended for that matter) rather because ED rightfully earned the minutes (which he has) and was rewarded by the coach.

    The way the Raptors fought tonight is not a coincidence either, in my opinion. That has nothing to do with happiness of Bargnani injured and everything to do with Bargnani not playing - despite the reason.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    His influence won't be plaguing the team that's why people are happy not because he's hurt. Sure sucks that he's in pain but really you can't feel sorry for everyone who has a hurt elbow. Especially when they're a multi millionaire.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    His influence won't be plaguing the team that's why people are happy not because he's hurt. Sure sucks that he's in pain but really you can't feel sorry for everyone who has a hurt elbow. Especially when they're a multi millionaire.
    word.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    by the time he comes back hopefully Ed has solidified himself as our starter and we got some Ws under our belt with a rise in rankings defensively. Should REALLY shine a light on Bargs is a major problem.


    btw GODDAMIT LOWRY STAY HEALTHY but you know thats just what being on the Raps does to a guy people get away with injuring our guys.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    calmdownpussiesburg
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i dont feel bad not because i want him gone, but because his sucking got him injured. he ran over yet another charge with his head down instead of taking the pull up

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    617
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    IMO there are certain ways for fans to react and I was talking about basketball fan base, not football. For 'fans' to be happy one of their players is injured, it is immoral. There is no doubt about it.
    T.Dot,
    As a long time Toronto sports fan, I find it sad that this is the sentiment amongst too many fans. They'll never admit it, but so be it. Their sentiments are of no consequence to me being a fan - just disappointment.

    .

  9. #29
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I will say this. I use my name openly when I comment and I stand by my opinions and when I get new information I change them accordingly. I am not happy specifically that Bargnani is hurt. I am happy Casey does not have the option of playing him. I also 99 percent of the time would not say something about someone behind their back I wouldn't say to their face. If Bargnani was in the room and asked my opinion I would say flat out, you aren't right for this team, Ed Davis needs a chance to shine. I hope you get traded somehwere that needs a stretch 4 chucker.

    The End.
    Tim

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    617
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else. It is tough to know who you are directly comments at without "reply with quote."

    With that said, again not speaking for anyone else, you have the bold confused.

    I'm unhappy he is injured but happy he is not playing. I would have much rather Casey to have benched him or taken him out of the starting lineup. For all the accountability talk, there has little to none. I am very happy ED is getting more minutes because of it but not at the expense of Bargnani being injured (or Amir suspended for that matter) rather because ED rightfully earned the minutes (which he has) and was rewarded by the coach.

    The way the Raptors fought tonight is not a coincidence either, in my opinion. That has nothing to do with happiness of Bargnani injured and everything to do with Bargnani not playing - despite the reason.

    Yes .... Ed played well tonight. As did Jonas. Even Erin Gray (somewhat). But this was not a good test. Brooklyns' Bigs were Bench equivalents. Dwill has been in crap mode of recent, but wthout Lopez, this team is f**ked.

    I agree that Ed should've got more minutes before AB went down, but I'm not the Coach. I still don't see Ed as a Starter - at this point. Real Bigs eat him up. Casey knows that, hence why he hasn't started Davis unless required.

    This is where - and I've said this before Matt - I lost some respect for your opinion. Always considered you level-headed, but your "flip" threw me, along with a few others. Yes - I know Andrea has disappointed you. This whole f**king team has disappointed me, including Bargnani. While he has been the lightening rod for this crazy season, objectivity has lost ground with some, including you.

    Relatively speaking, no one seems to want to address the Lowry situation. This team should've been better then last season. With Lowry at the helm, we've played in a dysfunctional way for most games. Our Bigs - including Andrea - haven't played up to their capacity. And while AB has to shoulder some responsibility for our record, I get a sense he's frustrated like many other players. Bargnani's problem is, he has very little lattitude to be frustrated.

    That goes with being drafted 1st overall, and fans not allowing anything less than a franchise persona. He's not, yet we still crucify him for being treated as such. I agree - he's been coddled at times. But that's not his doing. Players with skills like his need a firm Coach .. Not a crazy one like Smitch, or a loosey-goosey one like Jay. Give him the right environment, and a Coach who holds him accountable - something Casey has been lacking in this season ALL AROUND - and you have that AB13 playing for you.
    .

    However things do go, when Bargs does return as an opponent, he will treated like other former players - he will be taunted and disrespected in the same way some are rejoicing now. Then he'll proceed to show his anger, as Vince used to - exacting that anger to our detriment.

    I may be too optimistic at times; too unicorn-ish for some; a fanboy to others.
    But ... I'm a fan - come hell or high water. And I certainly hope I never succumb to the bi-polar style that seems too prevalent when times get tough. I want a good team. Desperate for one, might be a better term. But flipping isn't in my DNA.

    .

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    -_____- obviously he's injured so he can't play for the 2 months..did you ever think of that? He has had a rough season yes but come on, have some sort of compassion or some shit. Now he can't be traded like you guys wanted. You're happy he's injured but unhappy that he is. There is no pleasing you people

    something tells me you could be that Bargnani wer tlkin abt... hmm..

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
    Yes .... Ed played well tonight. As did Jonas. Even Erin Gray (somewhat). But this was not a good test. Brooklyns' Bigs were Bench equivalents. Dwill has been in crap mode of recent, but wthout Lopez, this team is f**ked.

    I agree that Ed should've got more minutes before AB went down, but I'm not the Coach. I still don't see Ed as a Starter - at this point. Real Bigs eat him up. Casey knows that, hence why he hasn't started Davis unless required.

    This is where - and I've said this before Matt - I lost some respect for your opinion. Always considered you level-headed, but your "flip" threw me, along with a few others. Yes - I know Andrea has disappointed you. This whole f**king team has disappointed me, including Bargnani. While he has been the lightening rod for this crazy season, objectivity has lost ground with some, including you.

    Relatively speaking, no one seems to want to address the Lowry situation. This team should've been better then last season. With Lowry at the helm, we've played in a dysfunctional way for most games. Our Bigs - including Andrea - haven't played up to their capacity. And while AB has to shoulder some responsibility for our record, I get a sense he's frustrated like many other players. Bargnani's problem is, he has very little lattitude to be frustrated.

    That goes with being drafted 1st overall, and fans not allowing anything less than a franchise persona. He's not, yet we still crucify him for being treated as such. I agree - he's been coddled at times. But that's not his doing. Players with skills like his need a firm Coach .. Not a crazy one like Smitch, or a loosey-goosey one like Jay. Give him the right environment, and a Coach who holds him accountable - something Casey has been lacking in this season ALL AROUND - and you have that AB13 playing for you.
    .

    However things do go, when Bargs does return as an opponent, he will treated like other former players - he will be taunted and disrespected in the same way some are rejoicing now. Then he'll proceed to show his anger, as Vince used to - exacting that anger to our detriment.

    I may be too optimistic at times; too unicorn-ish for some; a fanboy to others.
    But ... I'm a fan - come hell or high water. And I certainly hope I never succumb to the bi-polar style that seems too prevalent when times get tough. I want a good team. Desperate for one, might be a better term. But flipping isn't in my DNA.

    .

    I think we have a massive case of pot and kettle. 20 games isn't a slump. It is a 1/4 of the season. Look at his stats. Look at his effort. Look at the last 5 years of playoff success. Look at Casey's interviews regarding accountability and what transpired. Look at the morale of the team and the number of games the team has excelled/collapsed when Bargnani left/returned. Bargnani is a leech to this team.


    Was BKN a good test? Well, what was the test? If it was a full team effort, then yeah, it was. The Raptors, if you have not seen the standings, are the 2nd worst team in the league past the 1/4 season mark and have appeared to not give a shit of late.


    You've called me out now and before. Good for you. I hope you feel good knowing you are a superior Raptor fan than I. But that respect is a 2-way street. You've essentially said because my opinion is different than your own now you no longer respect it. You say I am not objective? Look in the mirror. You just blame everyone and everything except where it squarely belongs. If I am lacking objectivity, I think we can say the same about you. We are talking about a 27 year old professional athlete who is paid $50M over 5 years. Even his TEAMMATES have had it with him!! His freaking teammates are yelling at him!!! Yet you still are handing out the tissue box.


    The Lowry situation is disappointing. His decision making has been poor and his demeanour is disturbing. But do you know what a major difference is? The 6'0", 205lb pudge PG plays balls out at all times and gets 5.8rebs per game. The 7'0", 250lb enigma PF barely bothers and gets a measly 4.3 rebs per game. That is disgusting on every level imaginable.


    I'm glad flipping is not in your DNA. Unfortunately the capacity for rationale thought and admittance of being wrong does not also appear to be present either. It is time to put your big boy pants on and deal with the reality of Andrea Bargnani and the Toronto Raptors.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    At last, good news.
    #FREE

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't know much about elbows, but ligament damage is never good anywhere, and it's in his shooting arm. I feel like if we had a chance to get something of value back for him before, that chance is now gone. Any deal that happens now is bound to just be a dump where we'll be lucky to get anything useful.

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just hope that we dont have the same situation we had with Demar. Everyone all excited but then Defenses start realizing that he's no slouch and key in on him, ED will probably start seeing some double teams coming from parts of the floor that hes not used to. ED hasnt had that kind of attention yet. Patience with him there must be, or doomed we are.

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I find it funny when fans defend players like they know them personally. Classic case of not being able to separate fantasy from reality.

    "Stop talking about so-and-so, you're hurting his feelings!". Precious stuff.

    "Don't throw popcorn at the movie screen. Tom Cruise deserves better!"
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargnani is gone “indefinitely.” The good news? He’ll be back before the Feb. 21 trade deadline if they have to push him out on the court with one arm taped to his chest.

    If ever there was an excuse for a rollover, Wednesday night was it. When you call all hands to the pump, that’s when they tend to start slipping.

    Yet from the start, there was real fire in this tier-two group. They fought out to a 45-37 first-half lead. Whenever the Nets tried to slip through the Nets, they ran into Ed Davis and Jonas Valanciunas. The pair of them were trying out something new for this team. They were trying to defend.

    There wasn’t much to Wednesday night’s Raptors. On aggregate talent, this was barely an NBA team. But this was something new if you’ve been watching all season long. It was a bunch of guys who appeared to care about what they were doing. Nobody loafed. Nobody sulked. Nobody stood around ball-watching or getting caught on the switch. These guys moved with purpose.

    Casey saw it. He was careful with his words about it, but he saw the difference.

    “I thought tonight there was sustained effort. We competed,” Casey said, putting particular emphasis on the last word.

    If this team wants rid of Bargnani — and they should — the other side of that decision is who fills his role.



    http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...treak-hits-six
    .
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    -_____- obviously he's injured so he can't play for the 2 months..did you ever think of that? He has had a rough season yes but come on, have some sort of compassion or some shit. Now he can't be traded like you guys wanted. You're happy he's injured but unhappy that he is. There is no pleasing you people
    I hope on his way to the hospital he gets run over by a truck and dies a slow death, we can then get his contract off of the books due to grisly death. Then we can have that awkward moment when the team does a fan vote to see if we want his number raised to the rafters and it loses out by a 90/10 vote.

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    I hope on his way to the hospital he gets run over by a truck and dies a slow death, we can then get his contract off of the books due to grisly death. Then we can have that awkward moment when the team does a fan vote to see if we want his number raised to the rafters and it loses out by a 90/10 vote.
    this reminded me of the movie "The Fan" with wesley snipes...wasnt that dude who got killed named "Primo" Too??? LOL

    do you sell Knives Letter N ??? LOL

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't really understand people who call out a person for 'not being a fan' because they criticized a player, coach or GM. That does not compute. I think it's time to revisit the definition of what a fan is, and perhaps differentiate it with another word -- fanboy.

    Fanboy of X: A person who unequivocally cheers for X regardless of good/bad. Through thick and thin. No criticism required because X is perfect in every way.

    Fan of X: A person who loves X and wants to see it do well.

    An analogy would be "FAN" is like a parent of a child. The parent's goal is to help the child reach their full potential. The parents points out the child's mistakes and corrects them. "FANBOY" is Uncle Ned on the father's side 3 times removed.

    When Uncle Ned approaches the child, he is happy and gives him a hug and a big teddy bear. When the parent looks at the same child he/she notices that the child still doesn't know how to clean up after himself after pooping his own diaper, and that he's 35 years old.

    Are you a fan or a fanboy?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •