Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors have a chance at the #1 pick and it's a weak draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors have a chance at the #1 pick and it's a weak draft?

Sounds familiar? The raptors probably have there best chance of winning the lottery since? Yes since 06. It's funny how this happens. I feel like if we get the #1 pick. It has to Shabazz Muhammad! When Andrea doesn't play we play D. We just need another dynamic offensive player. Shabazz is the only one in this draft.
    @Chr1st1anL

Shabazz won't 'wow' you like other potential #1ers would when you watch him. Expect a Harrison Barnes type of year with him. Occasionally invisible but will explode once in a while.
    Last edited by Sig; Wed Dec 12, 2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

you mean no lebron james in this years draft? We are f*cked.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Shabazz Muhammad and James McAdoo.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I hear Ben McLemore is jumping up the rankings

Comment

shabazz is sick dude can score in his sleep, if ross can develop well raps can have some nice offensive pieces, demar , ross, muhammed thats not a bad wing rotation . lets hope we get the number one pick though cause this season is over
            ya dun noe

Comment

We need to tank the right way.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Its december...
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  Its december...
                  We're 4-19
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Are the Raptors top 3 pick bad?

I know it's only December but they''re already 4-19. Second worst record in the league. Wizards have the worst record with 3-16. But you have to keep in mind that their best player and a legit stud John Wall hasn't played a single game this year. If he was healthy, they wouldn't be where they are right now.

If i'm the Raps i would tank. I know 2013 draft is not the greatest draft ever but there are a couple of wing players here that could help this team big time.

Players to keep an eye on:

Shabazz Muhammad - One of the favourite to go #1 overall. Very skilled, athletic, great scorer. This guy could help the Raps big time. He's the kind of player that they're missing.
                    James McAdoo - He's one of my favourite player in this draft. I know nbadraft.net has him ranked 13th. But believe me this guy is as talented as any player in this draft.
                    Tony Mitchell - Just an incredible athletic specimen. Can play the 3 and the 4.
                    Ben McLemore
                    Alex Poythress
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      We're 4-19
                      And half our roster will be injured for the easiest stretch of the season.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        We're 4-19
                        with like 60 something more games to go

Comment

I love thoses lottery balls. Tanking may give you better odds but no guarantee. Looks like another 2 years of losing with or w/o top 3 pick.

Comment

Tanking when you only the top 3 picks protected is a dangerous business because:

a) You tank and the pingpong ball bounces you out of the top 3 so now you don't have a pick and also cannot evaluate properly what could have worked better for next season.

b) The Raptors are notorious for going on a mini winning streak in the end of the season when the pressure is off and games are easier because they don't matter anymore. This team cannot tank and really if they did tank properly last season we could have landed Harrison Barnes and wouldn't be in a dire situation as we were today because we would have better building blocks to the future as opposed to more questioned marks we have today.

Comment

I'm waiting to see the college kids play out the season and tourney before I really get behind anyone I would considering drafting with a top 3 pick. What I'd rrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeallly like to do is trade this potential top 3 pick for a first rounder in '014 with the hopes of putting a crazy package together for #1 that year. #JonasTerrenceAndrew are the Raps future! A guy can dream...

But back to reality and we're not gonna lose like this all year. I still doubt we are in a top 3 selection because of our record. Maybe because of ping pong balls though...

Comment

Working...
                              X